Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya, we keep it very professional when we have the mics on, its all about communication and sticking together as a squad.

Normally when all the squad has mics on, we clean up in games.

We had only one incident so far with the mics, but the less said about cableguy screaming "They're EVERYWHERE!!!!" the better!!!:p

So you should get that mic on and stuck into hardcore mode, you'll be surprised how much better it can be.

And screw score and K/D ratios, all that matters is the win.

But they were everywhere. And i was asked where were they.:confused::confused:
    And we won't mention the parachute incident eh Batman.
    Tom Petty has nothing on you.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

And we won't mention the parachute incident eh Batman.

Is this not talking about it??????

For the last time, my chute didn't open!!!! Damn glitch or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

ahh could be worse i bailed out (or tried to) over enemy mcoms and was roadkilled in midair by dunworth (how does that work?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The chopper turns and hits ya, Happened to me a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Is this not talking about it??????

For the last time, my chute didn't open!!!! Damn glitch or something:confused:

Sounds like me last night, I jumped out of a doomed helicopter, opened the parachute too late... hit a tree and fell to my death... the funny thing was that I landed two foot in front of Cableguy (or maybe Dunworth can't remember which) and nearly took him out with a body flop!

• Advertisement

Sounds like me last night, I jumped out of a doomed helicopter, opened the parachute too late... hit a tree and fell to my death... the funny thing was that I landed two foot in front of Cableguy (or maybe Dunworth can't remember which) and nearly took him out with a body flop!

Was me.
    Just moved down to a sneaky place and all of a sudden a body dropped in front of me.

Was me.
    Just moved down to a sneaky place and all of a sudden a body dropped in front of me.

Good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey lads I bought this at the weekend and am loving it so far

Just wondering what are your tactics for taking down choppers (bar another chopper)?

Vegeta wrote: »

Just wondering what are your tactics for taking down choppers (bar another chopper)?

If they were available on the level the stationary gun or stationary guided rocket.
    Other than that I find the guided rocket launcher you unlock as the engineer very good.
    Other than that just keep shooting it with your gun. The M60 is a good one to use on it. Helps if a couple of your team tries to take it down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Depends on the chopper. If its any sort of helo then I use the mounted stationary machine gun.

If it's an apache / Hino then it'll be a bit of hit and run with the machine gun combined with the tracer dart / rocket launcher.

• Advertisement

If they were available on the level the stationary gun or stationary guided rocket.
    Other than that I find the guided rocket launcher you unlock as the engineer very good.
    Other than that just keep shooting it with your gun. The M60 is a good one to use on it. Helps if a couple of your team tries to take it down.

yeah I find the stationary rockets ok but a bit slow for copters and if the pilot knows the level well I'm usually a sitting duck

I think a good bit of machine gun fire makes them smoke well enough and if a few team mates concentrate their fire, it can force them to land and repair

There is an anti air vehicle too isn't there. how do people find that, the BMD-3 Anti Air. Not even sure what levels that appears on.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

If you're a good enough shot could just snipe the pilot ;)

JD1763 wrote: »
    If you're a good enough shot could just snipe the pilot ;)

I'm not

I'm not
    He's making it sound alot easier than it is. Sniping a pilot is pointless, the 2 times I've managed it someone else in the chopper just transported into the drivers seat

yeah I find the stationary rockets ok but a bit slow for copters and if the pilot knows the level well I'm usually a sitting duck

I think a good bit of machine gun fire makes them smoke well enough and if a few team mates concentrate their fire, it can force them to land and repair

There is an anti air vehicle too isn't there. how do people find that, the BMD-3 Anti Air. Not even sure what levels that appears on.

You take control of the anti air rocket itself and it just depends on how well you can target it to hit the copter. Usually aim for where he will be.
    But if the guy in control of the copter is good it could be a bit of a battle but there's nothing that beats the feeling of downing a heli and getting multikills.

You take control of the anti air rocket itself and it just depends on how well you can target it to hit the copter. Usually aim for where he will be.
    But if the guy in control of the copter is good it could be a bit of a battle but there's nothing that beats the feeling of downing a heli and getting multikills.
    not even dropping tank mines and watching 3-4 tanks drive beside the shells of the tanks they just tried to drive over them with only to watch them drive on yet another tank mine?

yeah I find the rockets ok, a few kills with it, but it's too unreliable

The biggest problem I have is Conquest on the map on the sandy beach front with the wrecked ship, there are Helicopters at both ends. Cant for the life of me remember the name of it. It's a vehicle based level anyway. A few times now an enemy has camped on our spawn point waiting for our Helicopter to spawn. He gets into it and then 2 players on the opposing team are flying attack helicopters. Got slaughtered trying to deal with that

I suppose it's hard to keep a fair balance. Make the anti-air too good and the helicopters become pointless which shouldn't be the case either.

It's fair enough with tanks, they're not very mobile and you can rocket them a few times but they are well armoured and armed so it's a good balance. Find Helicopters much much harder to deal with and was wondering is there something I am missing.

I am only lvl 8 and don't have the tracer dart so might wait until I have that to see if it makes a significant difference

not even dropping tank mines and watching 3-4 tanks drive beside the shells of the tanks they just tried to drive over them with only to watch them drive on yet another tank mine?

SSSSHHHHHHHHH at some stage we may actual have to play against some boards members

Anyway that always cracks me up must have got loads of kills like that.

But there are some people wising up to that. There was a few sneaky feckers in the tank the last few days but a rocket soon sorted that.

SSSSHHHHHHHHH at some stage we may actual have to play against some boards members

Anyway that always cracks me up must have got loads of kills like that.

But there are some people wising up to that. There was a few sneaky feckers in the tank the last few days but a rocket soon sorted that.
    I'm hoping for the day, that et brute achievement is doing my head in not being done.

Haven't been on in a few days so haven had to deal with these sneaky feckers but generally it's always the same levels that usually are littered with anti tank mines.

that et brute achievement is doing my head in not being done.

I only have 3 in this. Most of the times i am on the same team as my buddies with the exception briefly of last night when i got my third.
    And that was a pleasent surprise.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've 0, Want it though, plus it's the added fun of the taking the piss outta whoever ya knife!

The biggest problem I have is Conquest on the map on the sandy beach front with the wrecked ship, there are Helicopters at both ends. Cant for the life of me remember the name of it. It's a vehicle based level anyway. A few times now an enemy has camped on our spawn point waiting for our Helicopter to spawn. He gets into it and then 2 players on the opposing team are flying attack helicopters. Got slaughtered trying to deal with that

Wait till hardcore in at least one map on rush you get attacked by two helis straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

i was soo dissapointed with that game :(

i was soo dissapointed with that game :(

On a seperate issue is there a prize for the most posts in the day.
    Or do we just call them a pimp or a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

On a seperate issue is there a prize for the most posts in the day.
    Or do we just call them a pimp or a troll.

You and your background checks!!!!

A mate of mine has my copy of the game(trying to get him into it) GT is : Colinbfmv

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

nice couple hardcore rounds !
    got ace from all the defibs :D and Royal 1rish tags :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ya thanks for all the defibs must have revived me about 50 times

Yes you saved me loads last night as well.:)

Wasn't playing too well last night, So I'd like to apologize to all my teammates. Normal service will resume shortly (I hope) or just everybody avoid me from now on).

• Advertisement

You got Royal Irish's tags!!!

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Royal :(

It must really, really, really suck, knowing that a fellow boards member has a set of your dogtags on display... he probably has them set up as his Gamertag Pic now, I know I would have :D:D:D

However, Buckshot, you do realise that announcing it on here has probably caused Royal to take out a very personal vendetta against you. Check out Cableguys thread on a BC2 Tournament thread... the perfect venue to settle this escalating conflict before we have a civil war on boards!!!

(Yes, I realize it was only one dogtag and nothing has really escalated but it's way too much fun not to rub salt in the wound :D )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement