Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

clear your xboxs cache

Will this not delete all updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

****, my microphopne is down. Headphones are still working, but I won't be able to communicate, sorry. I think that rules me out from training and clan games :/ Until I buy new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

tamlinek wrote: »
    ****, my microphopne is down. Headphones are still working, but I won't be able to communicate, sorry. I think that rules me out from training and clan games :/ Until I buy new

Is it a normal MS headset/mic that you have? I probably have a few lying around gathering dust, if you want one. Probably don't have the foam cover for the mic though. My pups went through a stage of eating them on me.

It's steelseries siberia something. Thanks Moose, but normal MS headset won't work, my gfriend would kill me because of the noise, gunshots, explosions etc from the speakers :)

I need to buy a new one, preferably wireless this time. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

It's steelseries siberia something. Thanks Moose, but normal MS headset won't work, my gfriend would kill me because of the noise, gunshots, explosions etc from the speakers :)

I need to buy a new one, preferably wireless this time. Any suggestions?

I just recently picked these up in a GameStop,
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x41.aspx
    on a recommendation from moose. I have no complaints so far and everything seems to be crystal clear.

• Advertisement

I just recently picked these up in a GameStop,
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x41.aspx
    on a recommendation from moose. I have no complaints so far and everything seems to be crystal clear.
    $200 for headset... damn!

Ace Hole wrote: »
    $200 for headset... damn!

You're reading my mind :) It's for 210 on play.com. Still, the price kills

edit: after small research, x41 really seams to be the pinnacle of headsets - but the price is a little bit too high ;) on the other hand, there's no point in buying headsets below 50EUR. I think I will just wait for payday and buy something decent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

You're reading my mind :) It's for 210 on play.com. Still, the price kills

edit: after small research, x41 really seams to be the pinnacle of headsets - but the price is a little bit too high ;) on the other hand, there's no point in buying headsets below 50EUR. I think I will just wait for payday and buy something decent.

i got a home cinema surround for 190 in currys juust get it and save 20 quid lol

The Turtle Beach x41's are definitely the best wireless headphones available on the market at the moment, being 7.1 surround sound. I've owned them for nearly two years now. I also own a set of the slightly older 5.1 x4's, too.

I buy a lot of my gaming gear from http://www.limexb360.co.uk/ They have the x41 for sale at €152!

I can't even begin how to tell you what a difference they make to your gaming experience. A standard surround sound system just won't deliver the same precise sound into your head. With the headphones you get complete emersion into the game world or movie you're watching.

You may also be interested in the new Razer Chimaera wireless 5.1 headphones and Razer Onza controller. They are due for release within the next few weeks, I think. You'll see them on that website too. The pro headset should retail for around €120 and the pro controller should retail for around €45, hopefully.

i got a home cinema surround for 190 in currys juust get it and save 20 quid lol

I already have it, headphones are to limit game sound effects to myself, not to everybody around.
    I can't even begin how to tell you what a difference they make to your gaming experience. A standard surround sound system just won't deliver the same precise sound into your head. With the headphones you get complete emersion into the game world or movie you're watching.

+1

First time I heard dogs howling at Nelson Bay, I thought they were under my window. I never heard them before, or didn't even notice them. Headphones are great.
    You may also be interested in the new Razer Chimaera wireless 5.1 headphones and Razer Onza controller. They are due for release within the next few weeks, I think. You'll see them on that website too. The pro headset should retail for around €120 and the pro controller should retail for around €45, hopefully.

I may actually consider them, or buy x41s, but it all have to wait till I get paid :) So I'll be a silent player for a time being :)

• Advertisement

I may actually consider them, or buy x41s, but it all have to wait till I get paid :) So I'll be a silent player for a time being :)

Why not just plug you're old standard mic into the controller and have the xbl chat voice come out through the speakers (your headphones!). Bit of sticky tape and you're set to game again with full chat capabilities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If there is a clan match this weekend, I have no plans so count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i can play if its on a fri night sat night iam going on the beer.

ill be about to morr for the training aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I may be able to record future games if I can hook up the dvd recorder right.
    No idea on the quality
    Would it be worth the hassle?

No idea on the quality

well worth the hassle considering your view point in the game is normally upfront in the thick of the fight test a few training ones for quality first post them here.

No idea on the quality

That'd be savage... I could get some gameplay tips from that and maybe not suck ass!

(some terrible games last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Slight flaw in this if shovel is doing this is it will obviously be from his perspective and we don't want to inflate his ego any more. I can just imagine the comments.
    Also think you might need to be gold as well.

Thought some more aswell... if the Xbox is going to the TV via the DVD-recorder, won't the recorder introduce some controller lag. Unless he splits the RCA cable (assuming that's what the recorder takes in).

Had some good games last night and the banter was good as well.

No idea on the quality

Definitely! 90% of time it's just a normal gameplay, but some masterpieces are worth being recorded :)

Moose, I'll try with a mic tonight, although it's not very convinient (chuckle) If only I play BC2. Yesterday I got guitar hero and I think I might like it. I never played any guitar game before, so it was a new experience. And it works! And I thought nothing can surprise me any more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Right I've ditched Halo Reach (poor game really) and am back online tonight.
    I have to say though Medal of Honour can't come quick enough. I'm so bored with the maps on BC2 now at this stage.

Should be on between 8-8.30 tonight for the training and such

Right I've ditched Halo Reach (poor game really) <snip>

Know what you mean... just couldn't get a decent feel for it...

Ace Hole wrote: »
    That'd be savage... I could get some gameplay tips from that and maybe not suck ass!

(some terrible games last night)

Last night was terrible for myself as well, I just couldn't find a rythem at all.

What time is training tonight? I'll likely be on after 9 or 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will be back tomorrow, itching for a bloody game!

Last night was terrible for myself as well, I just couldn't find a rythem at all.

I thought you played well in the SDM.:D:D

What time is training tonight? I'll likely be on after 9 or 10pm.

9 or 10 should be fine. I plan on getting on around that time and staying on till 1am or so. Anyone heard back about when the match is on this weekend?

I thought you played well in the SDM.:D:D

i got the ace pin in two out of four but the quality was poor i had alot of deaths and i got knifed by almost everyone and i only managed to knife cyco in a rush match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i should be on around 9:30pm - 10pm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Confirming, I'll be on tonight between 8.30 - 9.30pm :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement