Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Considering MOH, will not be touching COD, will be getting vietnam though from what I've heard map wise it's not all that different

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I would have said Id be avoiding COD myself until I read about the multiplayer. The biggest turn off for me was the clowns playing online. Never played with people I knew. I reckon some of the game modes would be a right laugh with a few boardsies.
    From what I've seen of MOH its very similar to Battlefield as its made by DICE (the multiplayer game).
    I'll probably buy them all and end up coming back to Battlefield!:rolleyes:
    I am seriously sick of the maps though! (think I may have mentioned this before)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

cycocycle wrote: »
    I would have said Id be avoiding COD myself until I read about the multiplayer. The biggest turn off for me was the clowns playing online. Never played with people I knew. I reckon some of the game modes would be a right laugh with a few boardsies.
    From what I've seen of MOH its very similar to Battlefield as its made by DICE (the multiplayer game).
    I'll probably buy them all and end up coming back to Battlefield!:rolleyes:
    I am seriously sick of the maps though! (think I may have mentioned this before)
    It's supposed to be a mix of battlefield and cod but IIRC the buttons are a copy of COD

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Good games last night. What was with all that team killing though? Now I have to admit I took part in my fair share (my 3 kill grenade being my personal favourite) but it became ridiculous, making me laugh like crazy.

Lindsay I saw was continuing operation human shield, are anyone else's shoulders getting sore from carrying him? (smiley face with tongue sticking out here)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

great fun last night until the power went on my street :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

dunworth1 wrote: »
    great fun last night until the power went on my street :(

do ye not have generators connected to the caravans?
    very fancy with ye're electricity arent ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Heading out the door now to trade in Reach in Gamestop. Turns out you get €45 trade-in value and an extra 25% bonus this week, which means I'm getting MoH for free on the 15th!!! Happy days are here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Considering MOH, will not be touching COD, will be getting vietnam though from what I've heard map wise it's not all that different
    If you trade in halo reach to preorder MOH you'll get €56.25 off the price
    EDIT:Moose beat me to it

garv123 wrote: »
    do ye not have generators connected to the caravans?
    very fancy with ye're electricity arent ye

now garv how many times do i have to explain this to you.

you are confusing me with yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

What is the general position of the clan towards M.O.H.*, will many be purchasing it? Can we have a quick show of hands?

* I do realise that this isn't the place to ask but I rarely play the single player campaign in f.p.s. games (on the second stage of B.B.C.2 I think) and so I would purchase this game for online play. Since I've enjoyed playing online with this clan, I was just wondering would many of you be purchasing it?

• Advertisement

What is the general position of the clan towards M.O.H., will many be purchasing it? Can we have a quick show of hands?
    I was tempted to get it with that preorder thing ( you could go into gamestop and buy a used copy of halo reach for €45 and preorder MOH with that trade in for €56.25 if you're so inclined) but didn't.
    I'll probably get in the summer when I'll have a chance to play it properly

What is the general position of the clan towards M.O.H., will many be purchasing it? Can we have a quick show of hands?

i hope to be getting it on release day

that reminds me i must go and preorder it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

What is the general position of the clan towards M.O.H.*, will many be purchasing it? Can we have a quick show of hands?

* I do realise that this isn't the place to ask but I rarely play the single player campaign in f.p.s. games (on the second stage of B.B.C.2 I think) and so I would purchase this game for online play. Since I've enjoyed playing online with this clan, I was just wondering would many of you be purchasing it?

I will be getting MOH and probably Black Ops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

I will be getting MOH and probably Black Ops as well.
    id say ill be geting those two as well.i still ahve f1 ,my brother is sending over mafia 2 and assins creed 2 to me as well so ill be flat out trying to play them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Good games last night. What was with all that team killing though? Now I have to admit I took part in my fair share (my 3 kill grenade being my personal favourite) but it became ridiculous, making me laugh like crazy.

Lindsay I saw was continuing operation human shield, are anyone eilse's shoulders getting sore from carrying him? (smiley face with tongue sticking out here)

funny as hell and how would i get my ace pins wirhout your meat sacks for shields some laughs lol

I felt very uncomfortable playing last night. I managed to score highly on most rounds and maintain a decent K/D ratio but wasn't at all happy with my performance. I guess that has something to do with a week or two playing Reach and neglecting BC2. I felt sluggish in my reactions and couldn't maintain a lock on to targets when firing. Things improved a bit once I pulled out my trusty old M416 and remembered to burst fire it.

Hope to get on again this evening for more practice. Probably around 10.30, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

funny as hell and how would i get my ace pins wirhout your meat sacks for shields some laughs lol

Yeah funny last night especially the team killing. I still say my team kill was cos linsday jump off the bike before I stopped it.

Also trying to blow up the tank in SDM.

Don't we have an old thread going for other games that the clan members play? I've a vague memory of one, maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, Royal could you please start a second thread for the clan as a "General IRL Boards Clan Thread" so we can discuss MoH and CoD:BO on it.

PS: Shoveltooth, don't you dare open that thread 'cause it'll be ignored by everyone except to abuse you :D

Well, that was embarassing... I started the thread and completely forgot that I had :o

Thanks Shoveltooth. Just when I'd given up hope on you, you then go along and do something positive for the community and your leader, Royal 1rish.

• Advertisement

Well, that was embarassing... I started the thread and completely forgot that I had :o

Thanks Shoveltooth. Just when I'd given up hope on you, you then go along and do something positive for the community and your leader,Shoveltooth .
    I did it so I could use a pun which you evidently missed out on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

I did it so I could use a pun which you evidently missed out on
    i thnk i missed that pun as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Yeah funny last night especially the team killing. I still say my team kill was cos linsday jump off the bike before I stopped it.

Also trying to blow up the tank in SDM.

i forgot about that i laughed so much at that i saw you on the map and thought i drove past you so i jumped off to detonate the c4 on it and SPLAT very funny stuff lol

naughto wrote: »
    i thnk i missed that pun as well
    ''Dug up the old thread''
    Dig and username shoveltooth (shovel)
    To a lesser extent the pirate connotations associated with shoveltooth and their liking to burying treasure

i fired rockets at a tank lastnight and someone jumped out to fix it so i ran up and knifed him (royal:D) and then someone else jumped out and ran offso i jumped in and killed him with his own tank ( moose :D)
    not the best moves by the 2

''Dug up the old thread''
    Dig and username shoveltooth (shovel)
    To a lesser extent the pirate connotations associated with shoveltooth and their liking to burying treasure

Really??? You actually thought that anyone was going to get that "pun"!!! You're more insane than I thought :D

i fired rockets at a tank lastnight and someone jumped out to fix it so i ran up and knifed him (royal:D) and then someone else jumped out and ran offso i jumped in and killed him with his own tank ( moose :D)
    not the best moves by the 2

I remember that! Happened just before I knocked you off my christmas card list :D

Really??? You actually thought that anyone was going to get that "pun"!!! You're more insane than I thought :D
    You're all more simple than I thought :D

I remember that! Happened just before I knocked you off my christmas card list :D
    i finially got platinum on my scar too :D:D got i hated that gun. felt like i was using it for over 30 hours but twas only 17. im avoiding using the aks74 because IMO i notice when using the x4 scope that it takes up too much of the screen because theres a piece between the scope and the gun which makes it sit up higher.
    the 9A91 aint to bad a gun. might tip away using that till i get 75 more kills with the rpg.
    or else the tommy gun :D what a gun :D

• Advertisement

i finially got platinum on my scar too :D:D got i hated that gun. felt like i was using it for over 30 hours but twas only 17. im avoiding using the aks74 because IMO i notice when using the x4 scope that it takes up too much of the screen because theres a piece between the scope and the gun which makes it sit up higher.
    the 9A91 aint to bad a gun. might tip away using that till i get 75 more kills with the rpg.
    or else the tommy gun :D what a gun :D

I found the 9a91 to be one of the best guns in the game. It's as powerful as an assault rifle and it's suppressed. Lethal with a x4 too. The 74u was the best until they nerfed it a few months ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement