Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

we should definitly have a clan match with them we could beat them even if they did use sly tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from really tired eyes or occassionally headaches after gaming sessions?

I know, the obvious answer is "just take a break" but I'm not talking about eight hour sessions, just the usual one-three hour stints. I spend a lot of time on the laptop/pc too, so I'm sure that adds to it.

Anyway, I've done a bit of research into possible remedies or work-arounds. A company called Gunnar Optiks developes lens designed to cut down on LCD glare and various other things to improve your eyes performance. Anyone used them or heard anything about them?

Here's a link to their website http://www.gunnars.com/remix/esport_phantom.php#

As for the potential slagging about this post. I know, they're kinda geeky but that doesn't really bother me... I wear Turtle Beach headphones, so I guess that ship has already sailed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

A company called Gunnar Optiks developes lens designed to cut down on LCD glare...Here's a link to their website http://www.gunnars.com/remix/esport_phantom.php#
    ...I know, they're kinda geeky but that doesn't really bother me. I wear Turtle Beach headphones, so I guess that ship has already sailed :D

I could only imagine the response from my woman if she saw these on me. She laughs enough at the headphones but these could just push her over the edge!

I could only imagine the response from my woman if she saw these on me. She laughs enough at the headphones but these could just push her over the edge!

That had crossed my mind too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

That had crossed my mind too :D

if ye buy em she'll only laugh once and then she'll be gone

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    if ye buy em she'll only laugh once and then she'll be gone

There's days when I'd really appreciate them then :D

we'd some pretty good games lastnight. shame our team was crap though. no matter what map it was or win/lose royal lindsay kev or myself always had the gold squad pin.

played a few games earlier in the night with izambard too and we won 6 games in a row. they didnt even make it past the first bases when attacking.
    we both done proper defending and got god spots near the bases so they couldnt get near them and when they did manage to arm they we were always nearby to disarm it.
    im trying to get my defensive win lose ratio up these days so im always sticking near the charges usually.
    maybe we should try this next time theres a few on? have a few in near the base in good defensive spots where there able to see the base, instead of having everyone running wild all over the map and then when the charge goes off theres noone near it to disarm it

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from really tired eyes or occassionally headaches after gaming sessions?

I know, the obvious answer is "just take a break" but I'm not talking about eight hour sessions, just the usual one-three hour stints. I spend a lot of time on the laptop/pc too, so I'm sure that adds to it.

Anyway, I've done a bit of research into possible remedies or work-arounds. A company called Gunnar Optiks developes lens designed to cut down on LCD glare and various other things to improve your eyes performance. Anyone used them or heard anything about them?

As for the potential slagging about this post. I know, they're kinda geeky but that doesn't really bother me... I wear Turtle Beach headphones, so I guess that ship has already sailed :D

The glasses look pretty decent, however seems to me (and I do mean in my professional opinion) you have a very subtle form of epilepsy. This basically means that the optic nerve behind you're eye which leads straight to the brain for processing the image is distorted. This happens through light sensitive damage, in you're case looking at the LCD or a different screen which projects UV lighting (ever wonder why people say don't look directly at the sun).

When a person has a fit through an epileptic fit this is their body defending themselves from further light sensitive damage, and the best way to do that is to disable the body, i.e. the fit.

In you're case you get bad headaches, which can often lead to migranes (sever). Those glasses will not help you in the long term, they will subside the headache short term, but they will come back.

You have two options of treatment if you wanted to cure yourself of these headaches.

1. Medication - Go to you're GP ask to run some tests.
    2. Opticians - Go get you're eyes tested and ask for a set of yellow tinted glasses (these protect you from high degree UV lighting whilst still keeping all the primary colours in you're field of vision.

Paddyvilla team killing garv with a smoke grenade. Genius. Laughed hard at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

moose-shades.png

• Advertisement

Paddyvilla team killing garv with a smoke grenade. Genius. Laughed hard at that!

F**King Pr*** :p:p:p

i did laugh alot too though
    and then he did it again with an rpg to the back of my head from 2 foot away.
    i was teamkilled at least 15 times in the 2 or 3 hours i was on for.
    one fella was goin around randomly teamkilling anyone near defusing the charge aswel on isla innocentes.

In you're case you get bad headaches, which can often lead to migranes (sever). Those glasses will not help you in the long term, they will subside the headache short term, but they will come back.

You have two options of treatment if you wanted to cure yourself of these headaches.

1. Medication - Go to you're GP ask to run some tests.
    2. Opticians - Go get you're eyes tested and ask for a set of yellow tinted glasses (these protect you from high degree UV lighting whilst still keeping all the primary colours in you're field of vision.

Excellent diagnosis, Mark. I suffer from photophobia. It requires me to wear sunglasses on all but the dullest of days. Otherwise I have severe migraines, all light related symptoms, luckily, non of the nausea. From experimenting with certain safety lens when I had my own construction business, the amber tinted lens which filters out white light proved the most effective.
    Those gunnar optiks are also amber tinted which is why they got my attention. I genuinely think those glasses will help me. Hadn't considered getting full time prescription-type tinted lens. Think I'll look into that. Thanks for the help, Mark.

Excellent diagnosis, Mark. I suffer from photophobia. It requires me to wear sunglasses on all but the dullest of days. Otherwise I have severe migraines, all light related symptoms, luckily, non of the nausea. From experimenting with certain safety lens when I had my own construction business, the amber tinted lens which filters out white light proved the most effective.
    Those gunnar optiks are also amber tinted which is why they got my attention. I genuinely think those glasses will help me. Hadn't considered getting full time prescription-type tinted lens. Think I'll look into that. Thanks for the help, Mark.

The name phobia suggests a fear or dislike off, although I just did a quick fire bit of research and it seems that it does indicate a discomfort to light, might I suggest you use Lacri-lube (eye drops) once a night and visco-tears 3 times daily, this might help with the moisture in and around the eye, it will also over time provide protection around the retina which obviously covers the optic nerve. Failing that definitly get some prescription glasses. Its not uncommon for patients to undergo an eye surgery, http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/cataractsurgery.html
    which is totally painless and with a recovery time of only 4 days. Not sure how much it is private. I've dealt with patients following up on this surgery and those suffereing from light sensitivity have found colours to be brighter and sharper but relief from headaches and migranes.

If you're headaches and migranes persist might I suggest 2 paracetamol and one Ibrufen, it will make you a little hyper one hour after use, but excellent for that particular pain.

[QUOTE
    If you're headaches and migranes persist might I suggest 2 paracetamol and one Ibrufen, it will make you a little hyper one hour after use, but excellent for that particular pain.[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely use those drops and get my ass off to specsavers, thanks.

Yeah, I thought that about the phobia thing too, simply means highly light sensitive.

As for the headaches, very rarely are they bad enough to medicate for but when they are severe, I found codeine to be the most effective. Para and ibru don't really give me any relief from headaches. Although when I have muscle pains, ibru is the only thing that works.

Back on topic, anyone going to be on tonight around midnight to 2am?

Sure will see you then chum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

[QUOTE

Back on topic, anyone going to be on tonight around midnight to 2am?

I will be on late enough tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

The name phobia suggests a fear or dislike off, although I just did a quick fire bit of research and it seems that it does indicate a discomfort to light, might I suggest you use Lacri-lube (eye drops)
    Moose-Lube.jpg

Moose-Lube.jpg

Look Shoveltooth, I like ya and all but I just don't think about you that way... stop hinting, it'll never happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Cheers for the games tonight lads.

I have been thinking about the game and thought, wouldnt it be so much better if the comm stations at each point in the map, were placed randomly in each game. Like in Whitepass, they could change from one building to the next for each game. Also it would be better if the Alpha and Bravo signs didnt appear on your screen while attacking until someone in your squad has eyes on the comm station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Cheers for the games tonight lads.

I have been thinking about the game and thought, wouldnt it be so much better if the comm stations at each point in the map, were placed randomly in each game. Like in Whitepass, they could change from one building to the next for each game. Also it would be better if the Alpha and Bravo signs didnt appear on your screen while attacking until someone in your squad has eyes on the comm station.

thats a very good idea it would make the matches better as you would have to work harder and more as a squad to destroy the station

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pr0xImA aReS

Morning all,

I heard that you guys turned down our clan match request then read all the threads on this forum and just wanted to clear a few things up.
    Holy crap, are those stats for real? I'm on the iPhone, when I get near my laptop I'll have a proper look at them. I'm very suspicious of people with stays that high. I wonder does he have a fibre optic broadband link or maybe a lag switch.
    If that's genuinely his stats, then I take my hat off to him. Truly impressive.

Hi Moose, no lag switch just good old fashioned battlefield skills. Judging by the rest of the posts you are the only person to acknowledge skill so I take my hat off to you.
    unfortunatly gentlemen proxima clan consists of seven members two got banned two months ago for using tampered xboxs and nemisis exploited a glitch when bfbc first came out that you could join empty servers and the ticker would go down on its own hence the high w/l ratio im still very suspicious of that k/d ratio.

edit PrOxImA XeNTra was one of the members banned he too exploited the glitch I have his new account name as InhibitedXentra or something although i think his account is silver now.

Proxima consists of 11 members. Two have never been banned, the only person to have been banned is nemesis for 24hours due to number of complaints from other gamers. This is the price of being at the top of your game.

There has never been a Pr0xImA XeNTra, I can assure you of this, there are only four proxima's who have moved on, stomper, theace, fractura and gunner(he's currently inactive although still on our roster).

We haven't exploited any glitches, we don't even play conquest. The reason we have high win loss ratios is because we win, we win a lot. Check our stats and you'll see we ALL have high w/l.
    i laughed so so hard i know all this because i used to team up with xen and then we went back to playing red dead with irrythka or some **** hes in proxima as well. xen emailed everyone on his inhibited xen account to say he had gor banned etc. as for the glitch many an occasion i would join on xen and nemisis would have 9000 points plus with only one other person in the server. hes a cheatin ******* besides those of you that played against him in isla innocentes with nemisis and cerb should know hes nothing close to godlike

I'll say again, never had a xen or irrythka in proxima. mlindsay, you need to check your sources and stop fabricating information.
    Garv123 wrote:
    hahaha im going messaging him now after all the sh1t he was saying about our clan

but he does have a searious amount of guns platinum'd, is there a glitch to do that?

Why does there have to be a glitch for that? Why can't the reason be that he is just a great player. Let me guess, Hussain Bolt used the run like a beast glitch when he set a new world record. Or did he just use practise, practise , practise along with a helping of natural talent to get to the top of his game??
    What I think is that It would have been when he was in the server with one other probably a second xbox or something he'd play rush or conquest and just keep killing the other guy obviously this would take a bit of time but his kill death ratio would be high.

See if you can Bitchtalk him into a clan match tell him we already nicked one of his friends "Agent 53"

Its a compliment that you have actually sat there and thought through all the possible ways that someone could get a high k/d and then post up the only reasonable suggestion that you have which consists of one person being a fall guy. Take a look at the screen shots on our forum. www.proxima-clan.net/forum. You'll see what true skill looks like no fall guys involved and all on foot.
    Garv123 wrote:
    i asked ye about a clan match against them and m1ju said there a bunch or a$$holes or something.
    which they are.

Haha thanks. The only thing I can take from that is that we have given m1ju a beatdown at some point.

Ok probably a bad idea to do a clan match couldn't see them sticking to the rules and such. Disregard my request for the clan match but i still think you should give them a verbal beatdown.

WOW! hahahaha… a verbal beatdown? grow up. If you want to give us a beat down accept a clan match request and we can take it to the battlefield. And what are "the rules"? play the match and win or lose.. how hard is it to stick to the rules? Contrary to the majority of posts on this forum about is we don't mod or glitch we just play and win. So unless you have some strange set of other rules, we're playing to the same rules as you.

Garv123 wrote:
    i did
    he'l be wondering how i found out bout it all

No he won't, he laughed, we all did. If you understand the amount of hatemails we get a day saying we glitch, cheat use aimbots etc you would laugh too. We love hatemails, its the sore losers way of showing respect. Do you realise how much of a compliment it is when the only way someone can justify getting beaten so badly is that we must have been cheating, we must have been modding. Its basically saying, wow your great, your so good in fact that I can't think of a natural explanation for your skills. We appreciate hatemail so much we've dedicated a section of our site to it. Check back often you never know you might be featured!

Seriously, if you want to stop trash talking on forums and have a clan match it would be great. I can assure you we play honestly and to win. No glitching or modifications at all. If your good opponents we will even send you a message to tell you that, we respect good players. I appreciate you and nemesis haven't got off to the best of starts but if you want to settle it on the battlefield let us know. Visit our forums and post a message in the clan match section. If you don't want a match, thats fine, but don't justify it by saying we cheat, be honest and say you don't think your ready or you may lose.

aReS

Ah finally response from Prx, we'll allow me to clarify a few things, firstly, our entire clan gave you guys a verbal bashing here, so don't take us for idiots and try to butter up a few members a throw in a few nice words, yes whilst we can all appreciate you're front for comming here and making such a post it will not do you much good. Allow me to explain why.

PrOxImA iIKAYda (the one who I kept calling Irryaka or something or other) played with Xen and myself on several occasions, I've witnessed first hand Nemisis members exploited the empty server glitch, so by comming into our servers, where we voice OUR opinion and telling us we're wrong (basically calling us liars) is not appreciated, so you're off to a fantastic start, good job.

You mention you win alot of round, yes I've joined a game and won many a round with one or two prx members, but then I've also played against them with just myself of another member from the IRL clan, and not once have I ever in my career of playig BFBC 2 ever lost a round against you, in fact let me remind you that it was PRX to start this flame war by posting that we where "camping cheaters" and this is not just from Nemisis.

About halfway down you're post you seem to mock us for inventing ways why a person would have a high K/D ratio, excuse me if I'm wrong but is this not a discussion for all things BFBC 2 related? And is k/d rations not battlefield relevant.........? I assumed as much.

Finally in regards to you're final paragraph in you're post you say you recieve many hatemails and you laugh at them? This tells me that not just the IRL clan feel you do not cheat at all? (Definition, Cheating = To use a form of miscounduct in order to win) We're not saying you use aimbots but rather "dasterdly" tactics in order to win, much the same as what you're clan members have accused us of.#

Whilst I can't speak for my other clan mates, I would love a clan match against PrX, simply to defend our honour from the first verbal assualt we recieved from you're clan.

Now if you're quiet finished aRes, as I know I certainly am, thank you and good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I think people need to decide what type of game they want to play. We call ourselves a clan but we dont play like one in the sense that the more organized clans do.
    I for one am not interested in dedicating huge amounts of time to practice. The benefits to being in the clan for me are that you can join in a game with familiar people and enjoy the banter.
    If people want to compete with the more dedicated and competitive clans then you have to be prepared to put in a huge amount of work. We saw it first hand in our gamebattles match. They were organised and practiced and we never got going.
    We have some very good players whose stats are impressive considering we are all essentially lone wolves who play in the same matches. Im sure if the clan played as a team with a concrete strategy those stats would rise very quickly.
    We do very well with the basic level of co-operation that we use. If people were interested and willing to form a more dedicated and competitive unit within the wider IRL clan Im sure they could hold their own against any challengers.

cycocycle wrote: »
    I think people need to decide what type of game they want to play. We call ourselves a clan but we dont play like one in the sense that the more organized clans do.
    I for one am not interested in dedicating huge amounts of time to practice. The benefits to being in the clan for me are that you can join in a game with familiar people and enjoy the banter.
    If people want to compete with the more dedicated and competitive clans then you have to be prepared to put in a huge amount of work. We saw it first hand in our gamebattles match. They were organised and practiced and we never got going.
    We have some very good players whose stats are impressive considering we are all essentially lone wolves who play in the same matches. Im sure if the clan played as a team with a concrete strategy those stats would rise very quickly.
    We do very well with the basic level of co-operation that we use. If people were interested and willing to form a more dedicated and competitive unit within the wider IRL clan Im sure they could hold their own against any challengers.

I dunno about that, look at the last clan match we had, teamwork, good use of communication and general skill, we wiped with the floor with our challengers and then some, whats to say other clan matches won't be so different.

I did say we do very well as it is with the level of co-operation we use. Thats down to having very good players.
    While my own stats are pretty low they would be nowhere near where they are if I was playing with randomers all the time.
    Im perfectly happy as I am popping on for a few matches here and there with other IRL members. I just think if people wanted to put in the effort required to go toe to toe with the more "serious" competitive clans on a regular basis they would see their stats improving. BFBC2 rewards team play over individual effort. Thats why I play it and not MW2.
    Our top 8-12 players if they were seriously drilled and organised would have little to fear from any challenger!

I'm going to try and paraphase posts 4342-4345 for those that can't be bothered reading everything...

aRes - "My non-cheating penis is larger than your penis!"
    Lindsay - "You're lying, cheating, syphillis-riddled penis doesn't impress me!"
    Cycoclye - "Given the opportunity, my penis would be massive too!"
    Izambard - "I love all cock!"

Just thought I'd lighten the mood :D

Nothing like lowering the tone to lighten the mood!:D

I'm going to try and paraphase posts 4342-4345 for those that can't be bothered reading everything...

aRes - "My non-cheating penis is larger than your penis!"
    Lindsay - "You're lying, cheating, syphillis-riddled penis doesn't impress me!"
    Cycoclye - "Given the opportunity, my penis would be massive too!"
    Izambard - "I love all cock!"

Just thought I'd lighten the mood :D

Hahaha, very good, where the hell where you last night we waited and waited and pwned and pwned without you! :'( bad moose, BAD, sit in that naughty corner.

• Advertisement

cycocycle wrote: »
    I did say we do very well as it is with the level of co-operation we use. Thats down to having very good players.
    While my own stats are pretty low they would be nowhere near where they are if I was playing with randomers all the time.
    Im perfectly happy as I am popping on for a few matches here and there with other IRL members. I just think if people wanted to put in the effort required to go toe to toe with the more "serious" competitive clans on a regular basis they would see their stats improving. BFBC2 rewards team play over individual effort. Thats why I play it and not MW2.
    Our top 8-12 players if they were seriously drilled and organised would have little to fear from any challenger!

Sorry man I gotta disagree here as well, yes it's true individually we have some pretty awesome players, but last night was only a testament to what we can do with team work, Irish, Izam and myself where played Arica Harbour, outnumbered, outleveled and overall just outgunned, and with teamwork, absolutly no lonewolfing, we won, and we only really came together when the ticket was reading 10 or below, but that just made the victories even better.

Please all excuse my spelling as I'm using my phone, its hard to type this much on a touch screen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement