Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I feel another clan fued coming on... those that have iphones and those that want them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

crossesatcalvarycrucifi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I feel another clan fued coming on... those that have iphones and those that want them :D

me + phones = disaster so im good thanks:D

drop bang oops. new phone drop bang oops
    etc....
    and i cant use touch screens. drives me maddddddddddddd.

what wil u do in this new fued come chasing after us with your roof down in ur beamer with your new sunglasses on and booster seat in the back using your iphone apps to find ways to kill us is it???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

And a third one for those of us who will be smashing them with a hammer! Terrible battery life,terrible reception. Fantastic piece of tech. Bad phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Advertisement

cycocycle wrote: »
    And a third one for those of us who will be smashing them with a hammer! Terrible battery life,terrible reception. Fantastic piece of tech. Bad phone!

Actually I find the reception pretty good, never been an issue for me anyway and I'd be fairly critical since I used to work of digifone and o2. Battery-wise, it'll last up to two days or so but that's never an issue for me. My Parrot carkit charges it while I use it to play music or podcasts in the car.

That bloody hillarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Last night my mates called me a ****ing dickhead for no reason.

Captured the whole ordeal on my iphone.

Schoolboy error, I took my eye off little Maddie for a second and there she was on my mobile trying to phone for help.

Thank **** I upgraded to the iphone 4 after all.

Want to make a fashion statement by being one of the first people to own the new iphone 4?
    Make the exact same statement at a much lower cost by simply writing "I'm a dick" on your forehead."

Stone vs. iphone 3G:

Stone (40,000 BC)-
    MMS: NO
    Video calling: NO
    Video recording: NO
    Changeable memory cards: NO
    Touchscreen: NO

iphone 3G (2008)-
    Touchscreen: YES

Just bought an iPod Touch. It's just like an iphone, but you can't make calls.

No, wait, it's exactly like an iphone.

garv123 wrote: »
    Last night my mates called me a ****ing dickhead for no reason.

Captured the whole ordeal on my iphone.

Schoolboy error, I took my eye off little Maddie for a second and there she was on my mobile trying to phone for help.

Thank **** I upgraded to the iphone 4 after all.

Want to make a fashion statement by being one of the first people to own the new iphone 4?
    Make the exact same statement at a much lower cost by simply writing "I'm a dick" on your forehead."

Stone vs. iphone 3G:

Stone (40,000 BC)-
    Touchscreen: NO

iphone 3G (2008)-
    Touchscreen: YES

Just bought an iPod Touch. It's just like an iphone, but you can't make calls.

No, wait, it's exactly like an iphone.

I agree it's not perfect. I personally hate itunes and it drives me nuts not being able to cut and paste music, video and podcasts into it like a Creative. In saying that, I have grown fond of the phone. Last week, I figured out how to stream all my movies and music from my media centre to the iphone with TVersity, just like the xbox. Great for nights when I can't sleep and the gf doesn't want me turning the Tv on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

garv123 wrote: »
    so far we've one iphone owner who drives two bmws and another who drives one bmw (and owns and builds his own helicopters:p) in this clan. anymore awaiting to brag?

Have a HTC Desire, its like an iphone, but you know... good.

• Advertisement

hobochris wrote: »
    Have a HTC Desire, its like an iphone, but you know... good.

Nice phone. What's android like to use? Never got around to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I shot someone in Battlefield Bad Company 2 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Stop going off topic!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Team killing doesn count as a kill :P

Good point, Royal, perhaps we should continue our "smartphone" discussion on the General Thread...

Back to why it all came up. BFBC2 on the iphone? It's supposed to have an online multiplayer with squad element. Screen shots look decent. 14 levels on the campaign mode. I just don't know about playing a FPS on a phone.

I downloaded a game called N.O.V.A. for the iphone earlier, to try out a FPS. To my surprise, it was just a renamed Halo game. Only played it for five minutes and I kinda liked it, although I haven't got used to the controls yet. Gonna give it another bash now.

So, BFBC2 has potential to be half decent, I think, for a handheld game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Nice phone. What's android like to use? Never got around to trying it out.

It just works.. and very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Had some fun playing last night but got into the middle of Dunworth "making Friends" again:(. There were a few people with the IRL Tag on as well. But there was one lad on our team (something swizzle i think) blown up our own mcom station he had over minus 2000 points at the end and he wasn't there all the game:mad::mad::mad:. We left that game and played a few more after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Good afternoon ladies.

I bought myself some X11's today for the upcomming clan match :P, and I can't for the life of me get the feckers to play sound through the headset from the TV, I can hear other people and myself through the mic, but thats it, I have an evotel 42' TV.

Help!

Rewards = Cookies.

Good afternoon ladies.

I bought myself some X11's today for the upcomming clan match :P, and I can't for the life of me get the feckers to play sound through the headset from the TV, I can hear other people and myself through the mic, but thats it, I have an evotel 42' TV.

Help!

Rewards = Cookies.

how do you connect the xbox to the tv, component cables or hdmi?

Does the x11 come with fibre optic cable too?

Chances are you need to connect the xbox up to the x11's directly. With the x41's you get a fibre optic cable from the xbox to the base station of the headphones, so it's probably a simialr set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Good afternoon ladies.

Help!

Rewards = Cookies.
    turn up game volume on the puck?

• Advertisement

Tried that, I meant to add that it appears to be set up correctly, the only thing I don't have is a HDMI audio cable, the guy in gamestop said I didn't need one, but after some research it appears quite a few people have one for the X11's and the xbox slim.

I've changed the XBL settings to headphones as well, as well as the battlefield settings and still nothing.

Good afternoon ladies.

Help!

Rewards = Cookies.

Refer to diagram on page 2 on the attachment

X11_Manual.pdf

Refer to diagram on page 2 on the attachment

X11_Manual.pdf

Done that, and I'm attempting to use the alternate method for HDMI connection, but nada.

Tried that, I meant to add that it appears to be set up correctly, the only thing I don't have is a HDMI audio cable, the guy in gamestop said I didn't need one, but after some research it appears quite a few people have one for the X11's and the xbox slim.

I've changed the XBL settings to headphones as well, as well as the battlefield settings and still nothing.

Ok, this is what to do. Plug your HDMI into both the 360 and the Xbox, as normal. In addition to this, also plug in your standard component cable too. The red and white plugs (think they're the right colours) go to the headset. So you'll need to use both HDMI for the TV and your compnent cables for the headset. Hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

so did it work

combat5 wrote: »
    so did it work

I can't plug them both in at the same time as the SCC has a bit at the bottom that purposfully blocks access to the HDMI port.

Sorry you meant the part that detatches from the SCC and use the headset plugs to put into that and put it into the SCART port in the back of the TV, and still nothing.

I can't plug them both in at the same time as the SCC has a bit at the bottom that purposfully blocks access to the HDMI port.

Easily rectified. Take the plastic case off the end of the component cable. I had to do this to one of my older xboxes to get a set of x4s to work. Just used some tape to cover it up again.

Easily rectified. Take the plastic case off the end of the component cable. I had to do this to one of my older xboxes to get a set of x4s to work. Just used some tape to cover it up again.

How do I remove it without breaking it?

• Advertisement

How do I remove it without breaking it?

Carefully! :D

We're talking about the same thing right. The end of the compnent cable that plugs into the xbox?

Give me a minute and I'll post some before and after pics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement