Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Disregard that last post.

Moose is a god, I now have working X11's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Disregard that last post.

Moose is a god, I now have working X11's.

I wish I could get paid for the wealth of useless infomation in my head :D

I used a cutlery knife to pry round the edges and pulled it off, then inserted the headset cables to the SCC (red to red and white to white and the yellow in the video socket) and boom it worked.

Is it wrong to say I love you moose?
    It's not????.......Great,

Time for moose love.

*Cue smooth music*

I'm considering setting up a website, maybe the official IRL clan site. Was thinking of having dedicated forums, articles, help & how to sections, reviews, gadgets, accessories and tech stuff... pretty much everything 360 related. We could even go down the road of merchandising our clan. I'm sure guys we'd play against would appreciate it if we sent them a free T-Shirt with "IRL PWNED ME :(" on it :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

If your serious and want a hand I'm a dab hand at website development :)

• Advertisement

I used a cutlery knife to pry round the edges and pulled it off, then inserted the headset cables to the SCC (red to red and white to white and the yellow in the video socket) and boom it worked.

Is it wrong to say I love you moose?
    It's not????.......Great,

Time for moose love.

*Cue smooth music*

Ok but I'm warning you, this could get a little freaky... bit like this... :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISn1Hc2V_Y

watch?v=3ISn1Hc2V_Y

miju wrote: »
    If your serious and want a hand I'm a dab hand at website development :)

I was half joking and half serious. That would be great because I only ever developed one website before and it took me a while to teach myself how to do it.

Do you know much about creating a revenue stream from a website? ie: advertising etc

Well just played with the X11's and no wonder it's hard to knife some of you guys, never before have I had such satisfaction shooting with the M95, the cannon like BOOM of every shot, and I even found three guys hiding in a bush by listening to their sniper's going to work, didn't even need a motion assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag

Awwwwhhh yeah.

Well just played with the X11's and no wonder it's hard to knife some of you guys, never before have I had such satisfaction shooting with the M95, the cannon like BOOM of every shot, and I even found three guys hiding in a bush by listening to their sniper's going to work, didn't even need a motion assist.

Awwwwhhh yeah.

Welcome to the world of headsets! There's no going back... :D

Hurrrm, seems now I can't listen to party members. Eek.

• Advertisement

Hurrrm, seems now I can't listen to party members. Eek.

Try changing the XBL voice setting on the console so it comes out through the headset only. Do this by hitting the guide button, scrolling across to SETTINGS, PREFERENCES, VOICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ok it's going to be harder to stab you I know but I am up for the challange but seriously they make a world of difference. Wait till you hear when you get caught in a mortar strike.

Try changing the XBL voice setting on the console so it comes out through the headset only. Do this by hitting the guide button, scrolling across to SETTINGS, PREFERENCES, VOICE

How about the mute button??? I can hear you perfectly so it must be a setting

make sure all the cables are firmly plugged in too

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Welcome to the world of headsets! There's no going back... :D

Yes you too can now have your girlfriend question you as to why you sit in a room alone shouting obscenities. No reassurance from me will actually convince mine that I am actually talking to real people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Yes you too can now have your girlfriend question you as to why you sit in a room alone shouting obscenities. No reassurance from me will actually convince mine that I am actually talking to real people!

Tell her it's a skype headset and your on the phone. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

I can't plug them both in at the same time as the SCC has a bit at the bottom that purposfully blocks access to the HDMI port.

this might help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZT8dNnCJLk&feature=related

Not sure what happened, moose left the party and re-joined and he could hear me fine, I feel very welcomed to the headset group, I got blasted with an RPG earlier and nearly **** a house.

One question, I'm a wierdo who loves the volume up full blast, do any of you find that when someone is talking or rustling it distracts the sound from the game? I have to sit with it on about 3/4 full to hear everything in HD and to hear party chat also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

murse + girlfriend i dont think so :p

im sure theres a way to have them working without having to take leads and cases apart. they are designed for xbox's after all

garv123 wrote: »
    murse + girlfriend i dont think so :p

im sure theres a way to have them working without having to take leads and cases apart. they are designed for xbox's after all

Actually the xbox got redesigned for that exact reason, you couldn't have a HDMI and the component plugged in at the same time. If you have an earlier model, this work around is required.

Actually the xbox got redesigned for that exact reason, you couldn't have a HDMI and the component plugged in at the same time. If you have an earlier model, this work around is required.

wel mine doesnt even have hdmi so ha:p;)

• Advertisement

Awwwwhhh yeah.

its not hard to knife most of them at all. you just gotta be patient and know when to do it. moose has by far the best headset and he's not that hard to get.
    he's losing 34-10 to me at the moment and i dont have a headset. it will not stop you from gettin knifed just be warned.

garv123 wrote: »
    its not hard to knife most of them at all. you just gotta be patient and know when to do it. moose has by far the best headset and he's not that hard to get.
    he's losing 34-10 to me at the moment and i dont have a headset. it will not stop you from gettin knifed just be warned.

then your missing out on what hd sound is its amazing and if the volume is up full blast it most certainly will save you if the stabber is careless

then your missing out on what hd sound is its amazing and if the volume is up full blast it most certainly will save you if the stabber is careless

it might for a camping sniper suchas yourself alright because you make no movement of your own:p:p but still when your in a squad you wil get sick of checking behind you everytime someone spawns on you and leave your guard down.
    ive used cycos ones a good bit and have prob lost my tags more to this than i do on my own crappy telly

camping sniper?? i refute that allegation i think im one of the most forward snipers in in the game thanks to cableguy. i may return to the same position but always on the frontline. as for my tags only raze has taken them recently which is an improvment for me and i assume the headsets will improve this. im using the same ones as moose now. time will tell. not tonight tho if im on later ill be drunk

camping sniper?? i refute that allegation i think im one of the most forward snipers in in the game thanks to cableguy. i may return to the same position but always on the frontline. as for my tags only raze has taken them recently which is an improvment for me and i assume the headsets will improve this. im using the same ones as moose now. time will tell. not tonight tho if im on later ill be drunk

Actually, I've got the x41's and x4's. 7.1 surround sound and wireless but basically the same.

I disagree with you Garv. I think they make a drastic difference to the game. Of course, I'll always get stabbed. They don't make you invincible but they do offer an extra sensory element to the game. Only you and Raze have my tags that much. I put that down to both of your skills at knifing. However, during the normal course of playing, I rarely get knifed and when I do, it's normal when I'm firing my weapon which is obviously blocking any other sound. The headphones allow you to pick up on noises that otherwise would go unnoticed.

A perfect example of this was this evening during our deathmatch. When I ran out of the sub-base after killing Shoveltooth and jumped over the wall, I heard you running towards me from the left as I was in mid air.

So, by the time I hit the ground I was already facing backwards to fire at you on the platform above me. It was only because you aggressively jumped over the wall behind me and I hadn't calculated for that, that saved your life but I still managed to hurt you pretty badly before I died.

What should have been you assassinating me quite easily became a coin toss between which of us would survive. Imagine how your game would improve if you could turn every situation like that into a 50/50 call. I have no doubt that the headphones improve my game, that's why I've spent so much on them over the last few years.

Actually, I've got the x41's and x4's. 7.1 surround sound and wireless but basically the same.

I disagree with you Garv. I think they make a drastic difference to the game. Of course, I'll always get stabbed. They don't make you invincible but they do offer an extra sensory element to the game. Only you and Raze have my tags that much. I put that down to both of your skills at knifing. However, during the normal course of playing, I rarely get knifed and when I do, it's normal when I'm firing my weapon which is obviously blocking any other sound. The headphones allow you to pick up on noises that otherwise would go unnoticed.

A perfect example of this was this evening during our deathmatch. When I ran out of the sub-base after killing Shoveltooth and jumped over the wall, I heard you running towards me from the left as I was in mid air.

So, by the time I hit the ground I was already facing backwards to fire at you on the platform above me. It was only because you aggressively jumped over the wall behind me and I hadn't calculated for that, that saved your life but I still managed to hurt you pretty badly before I died.

What should have been you assassinating me quite easily became a coin toss between which of us would survive. Imagine how your game would improve if you could turn every situation like that into a 50/50 call. I have no doubt that the headphones improve my game, that's why I've spent so much on them over the last few years.
    oh i know they do improve it and really do make you enjoy the game alot more i wont deny that. but as you said they dont make you immortal as u said but you do think they will at first.

but in your case you have the surround sound which gives pinpoint accuracy which helps.
    the x11's dont do this so you still have to pick where to look and still they could be coming up infront of you at the same time. surround sound been a major advantage here.

but tonight moose eh :D:D
    i was drinking with the lads so i left the mic on mute but i could hear ye :p:p

do i quote right in saying " garv, where the hell did you come from" ?:D:D
    ive discovered its a great spot and i knew id pick up your or raze's tags easily.
    because the wookie on my squad picked ye off a few times and i knew one of ye would come for him. the hiding spot was brilliant though. headset or not you had no chance :D

i was nice enough too to let raze take my squad mates tags in a porticabin in nelson bay too before riddling him with led :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Not sure what happened, moose left the party and re-joined and he could hear me fine, I feel very welcomed to the headset group, I got blasted with an RPG earlier and nearly **** a house.

One question, I'm a wierdo who loves the volume up full blast, do any of you find that when someone is talking or rustling it distracts the sound from the game? I have to sit with it on about 3/4 full to hear everything in HD and to hear party chat also.

try having someone play guitar through an amp 6 foot away

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Colinbfmv

try having someone play guitar through an amp 6 foot away

hey...**** you Raze!

Well, so today Paddyvilla and I where ripping it up, comming top of the boards in all matches, winning defence and attack when suddenly paddy says to me, "Oh look, pR...[BANG - "pRoXiMa NeMmIsS <MP443 Handgun> Mlindsay" ....oXiMa NeMmIsS is on our team".

So after about 10 minutes of getting killed (and not killing him back, as I want to hit 41 by tomorrow) Paddy leaves. Then his clan mate InFerIsIs comes online and same thing happens, now both of them are following me around the map killing me.

My retaliation?

Run to where they where hiding and Jump up and down until someone threw a grenade or RPG at us. Or if they where going to knife someone run infront and get us all sprayed, or my personal favourite. As they where shooting someone run infront of their bullets so they Teamkill and lose points, after 10 minutes I got bored and left to join another match.

My conclusion?

PrX are not assholes, they are not terrible people.....rather they are the absolute scum of battlefield and I feel only shame to be a member of a community they too are a part off. However, when we destroy them in our clan match I feel that shame will ease into pity.

Moose, you should start work on that website, PrX are going to need some Shoveltooth teddies and "I got PWNT by the IRL clan T-Shirts" very soon.

• Advertisement

awesome_internet.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement