Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    awesome_internet.jpg

Is that you carrying me? I didn't realise you were of the african persuasion ;)

As for that pie eater in the front, do you reckon he ate his xbox??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

thats garvs house in the background as well

how he gets xbox live i dont no

camo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

camo2.jpg

thats shoveltooths little brother:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

wm-Stupid%20Soldier.jpg

I thought this was shoveltooths brother?

CaptureHaloKid.jpg

• Advertisement

was playing around looking at stats there and decided to average out the clans score per hour to compare the stats equal as some people have 600+ up and others 300- and heres how they work out.

Garv 12379
    Moose 12350
    Shoveltooth 11930
    Failsafe 11494
    izambard 11085
    Lindsay 10277
    Raze 9072
    Paddy 9048
    Cableguy 8855
    Colin 8316
    Royal 8049
    Dunworth 7761
    Hobochris 7455
    Cyco 6408
    Kev 5494

i taut moose would be millions of miles ahead:D no c4'n bases involved i swear:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

was playing around looking at stats there and decided to average out the clans score per hour to compare the stats equal as some people have 600+ up and others 300- and heres how they work out...

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK LOOK, I CAME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SHOW I'M THE BEST. HEY LOOK, LOOK! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF3veHAt-RCQWwtLQPtMBsFMwEoI8aq4mEgmt8W1aFGc0cQko&t=1&usg=__O4XDBMnKDVRkSAZPxBcZLUIgN_o=

(smiley with tongue sticking out here)

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK LOOK, I CAME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SHOW I'M THE BEST. HEY LOOK, LOOK! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF3veHAt-RCQWwtLQPtMBsFMwEoI8aq4mEgmt8W1aFGc0cQko&t=1&usg=__O4XDBMnKDVRkSAZPxBcZLUIgN_o=

i taut moose and shoveltooth were ahead actually:D
    il admit it no problem that im not:D
    i dont have ego problems like shoveltooth:D

the small print was the truth though;)
    how did i forget youu hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i taut moose and shoveltooth were ahead actually:D
    il admit it no problem that im not:D
    i dont have ego problems like shoveltooth:D

the small print was the truth though;)
    how did i forget youu hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why don't you do that again but with kills v time, then with deaths v time?

This also reminds me of that old quote, there's statistics, statistics and then bull****! ;)

Why don't you do that again but with kills v time, then with deaths v time?

This also reminds me of that old quote, there's statistics, statistics and then bull****! ;)

i was trying to factor in team play such as medkits and ammo and repairs and arming/defending

but you feel free:D
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1020614

• Advertisement

Bwhaha, Indeed, however, score is totally dependant on what weapon you happen to be using before the score refreshes. It will be totally different tomorrow, and the results will differ if you tallied up who has the best Skill Level, the most kills, the least time played, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

i dont have ego problems like shoveltooth

Had a few games with shoveltooth earlier and I couldn't have met a more humble* person with regard to his ability.

*hum·ble .adj. hum·bler, hum·blest
    v.intr. To glorify oneself in speech; talk in a self-admiring way.

v.tr.1. To speak of with excessive pride.
    2. To possess or own (a desirable feature):

3. To contain; have.

n.1. The act or an instance of bragging.
    2. A source of pride.

Wait some thing's not quite right?

Bwhaha, Indeed, however, score is totally dependant on what weapon you happen to be using before the score refreshes. It will be totally different tomorrow, and the results will differ if you tallied up who has the best Skill Level, the most kills, the least time played, etc etc.

the score overall gamer score doesnt change by gun. the more you play the higher it wil get. you could be completely crap but have 1000000 hours up and have a really high score because of the amount of hours you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

the score overall gamer score doesnt change by gun. the more you play the higher it wil get. you could be completely crap but have 1000000 hours up and have a really high score because of the amount of hours you have.
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/GaRv%20123

You said average score in clan per hour, and I'm looking at mine, which is 188 per min which does average out at the grand total below I though you where refering individually to everyones scores, rather than it already added up. Wherein I just noticed, mine is higher :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

This clan match might not be going ahead. These guys are still moaning and complaining about the 9pm start. It will be 11pm for some of their players in their timezone, which is far too late for them.

Could all clan members who are available to play on Sunday, post the time that they can be online for?

I can play anytime between 7pm and 7am and still go to work at 8am and not be moaning and complaining like poofty.

This clan match might not be going ahead. These guys are still moaning and complaining about the 9pm start. It will be 11pm for some of their players in their timezone, which is far too late for them.

Could all clan members who are available to play on Sunday, post the time that they can be online for?

I can play anytime between 7pm and 7am and still go to work at 8am and not be moaning and complaining like poofty.

Seriously??? How old are these people? Even if it was 11pm before we started, what if we promised to have them bagged 'n' tagged by midnight?

9 o'clock is a fair time to play. Personally, I'd like it a coupe of hours later. We've stayed up to play tournaments at 1am because the other teams can't get organised! Asking a few of them to stay up till 11pm, isn't exactly a big deal.

Exactly where are those guys from, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

He said a couple in the US, which if its eastern seaboard would be 3pm in the day, and a couple across Europe 2+ GMT which would be 11pm for them if started at 9pm GMT. He said we must have school kids on our team, cause only they work weekends and said that they like normal adults have mon-fri jobs and have to be up early for work. I know I know its all laughable. Manys a time most of us have stayed up till the wee hours of the morning playing Battlefield while having to be up early for work. What a bunch of criers.

Here is a good video that just sums these guys up for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWqkun6JJg&feature=related

He said a couple in the US, which if its eastern seaboard would be 3pm in the day

Oh fantastic! Americans... so we have a wonderful lag-free game to look forward too :rolleyes:

bus to limerick at 20 past 7 dere at quater to 9 so its 9 for me.

did you check will any of the lads be stuck watching the xfactor again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I just got this game during the week and is there any way i can play against people online who arent like rank 40 and 50. The weapons starting off are complete ****

I just got this game during the week and is there any way i can play against people online who arent like rank 40 and 50. The weapons starting off are complete ****

when you join a game it should add you to people your rank. but you might be a bit late starting off as i rarely see people ranked under 15 anymore. stick it out though and you'l be kicking level 50 asses in no time

Don't worry about high level players. There's not much advantage too the different weapons. Get used to the sub machine, 91A1, it's probably the best all round weapon in the game. Very powerfully at any range, plus it'll teach you to conserve ammo and use burst fire.

Add a few of us to your friends list. We play hardcore mode, it's a far better balanced game than regular mode.

Iv been using sub machine guns and the sniper but im still gettin picked off from all angles by a camper in the bushes.
    If anyone is on later add me for a game. Ill be on most of the day.
    Gary Guitar

He said a couple in the US, which if its eastern seaboard would be 3pm in the day, and a couple across Europe 2+ GMT which would be 11pm for them if started at 9pm GMT. He said we must have school kids on our team, cause only they work weekends and said that they like normal adults have mon-fri jobs and have to be up early for work. I know I know its all laughable. Manys a time most of us have stayed up till the wee hours of the morning playing Battlefield while having to be up early for work. What a bunch of criers.

Here is a good video that just sums these guys up for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWqkun6JJg&feature=related
    He said a couple in the US, which if its eastern seaboard would be 3pm in the day
    He said a couple in the US,
    couple in the US
    US

Americans!! ARGH!

In which case, I will host the server myself, and sunday 9pm is grand for me, however, if they can't make it tough ****, they challenged us, their the ones with a "repuatation" of, and I quote, "non-hackers" to defend. Therefore, give them no leeway, if they can't make it, or turn up with less players I believe we win by forfiet, just as with any other clan.

Also, just as with any other clan, we always play at 9pm, a reasonable time for all to get organised. If they don't like it, lump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Buy the specact dlc if you're desperate for new weapons. It'll be dotw starting oct 18th @ 320msps. The weapons you start off with though aren't bad at all though ( lots of snipers love the m24 sniper rifle)

Also Jesus, if there's campers there are two remedies.

1. If you're a sniper, toss a handy motion mine detector around the place, when you hear the beeping look at you're map, "Top right corner in non-hardcore, and press start quickly to have a quick look in hardcore".
    Once you've located the red blip toss a grenade (pinapple lovin') in the general direction to either hit lucky or confuse the enemy and rush them with a pistol. Its not a guarenteed win, but then nothing ever is.

My second piece of advice, which is foolproof for campers is,

2. Avoid the area.

Good luck Sir!

Buy the specact dlc if you're desperate for new weapons. It'll be dotw starting oct 18th @ 320msps. The weapons you start off with though aren't bad at all though ( lots of snipers love the m24 sniper rifle)

Don't forget you can buy the "shortcut"s found in Store on the main menu after you press start to enter the game. Not exactly sure how much these are, but you can buy the entire kit for specific classes.

Iv been using sub machine guns and the sniper but im still gettin picked off from all angles by a camper in the bushes.
    If anyone is on later add me for a game. Ill be on most of the day.
    Gary Guitar

You'll always get some prat hiding in a bush (talk to mlindsay, he knows all those spots very, very well :D), just ignore them and keep focused on the objectives.

BFBC2 isn't so much about killing, it's about completing the objectives. Be aggressive and move forward constantly when attacking and stay close to your squad. When defending, don't be aggressive. Hang back close to your crates, so you can disarm them easily. Place yourself in a covering positions or a covering pattern. Do your part and co-ordinate with your squad and you'll find the game a much more enjoyable experience.

You'll rank up to Level 25 very quickly... after that it becomes much, much harder to reach the next level.

You're better off adding us to your friends list. We got tired of adding randomers who posted interest on here. So now, we prefer if we get added. Don't mean any offence, just saves us having our time wasted and our friends lists full up with non-players.

• Advertisement

Also Jesus, if there's campers there are two remedies.

1. If you're a sniper, toss a handy motion mine detector around the place, when you hear the beeping look at you're map, "Top right corner in non-hardcore, and press start quickly to have a quick look in hardcore".
    Once you've located the red blip toss a grenade (pinapple lovin') in the general direction to either hit lucky or confuse the enemy and rush them with a pistol. Its not a guarenteed win, but then nothing ever is.

My second piece of advice, which is foolproof for campers is,

2. Avoid the area.

Good luck Sir!
    Sound. Yea the motion detector and grenade has been my tactic so far. Also managed to knife an entire squad hiding behind a rock i was very proud. Im a bit too used to operation flashpoint so im still gettin used to this game being hectic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement