Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Got sniped on spawn 3 times in a row last night. Got absolutely molested but was good craic
    You'll be doing the molesting in no time with garv's help :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Jaafa wrote: »
    Gentlemen please try to restrain your compliments. ;) Seriously though thanks.

Oh and anyone who can get my tags.......you get a cookie. :D

I'll bring my knife to school ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

360_GaRv%20123.png

yayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

garv123 wrote: »
    360_GaRv%20123.png

yayyy
    Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

360_GaRv%20123.png

yayyy

Get a job you lazy student bum!

• Advertisement

cycocycle wrote: »
    Get a job you lazy student bum!

i have a job :rolleyes:
    just not that often:p

and it was the gamble that xbox was more important than studying for the LC paid off on getting to level 50 :D
    my genius brain didnt need study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

i have a job :rolleyes:
    just not that often:p

and it was the gamble that xbox was more important than studying for the LC paid off on getting to level 50 :D
    my genius brain didnt need study :D

Hey you should go into business and sell your exam study planner. I am sure there will be loads looking to know how they can study for exams and still use the xbox.
    Easy money. What could possibly go wrong.

Hey you should go into business and sell your exam study planner. I am sure there will be loads looking to know how they can study for exams and still use the xbox.
    Easy money. What could possibly go wrong.

study = battlefield badcompany 2 for 5 hours at least each night and night before the exams.
    anyone need more info on how to study:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Played some games last night. Needed a break from MOH. Started a team deathmatch and managed to kill 16 in my first game but forgot how switch to Rocket launcher and of course couldn't get the hang of knifing again.
    Was playing with the following at some stage last night Galway Dav( who wouldn't join our party),Raze,Shoveltooth,Failsafe,Tamlink,Kev,Dunworth, Garv, also Lindsay joined our party and tempted Raze to play MOH (royal joined the party while playing MOH as well)with him. We were all in the same party even though Lindsay and Raze were playing different came and it wasn't that off putting. Some classic comments last night from Shoveltooth about the new mcom station C. Failsafe turned traitor as usual but i think i got his tag 3 times. (ah i was sure i had the UAV covered,he said after me stabbing him off the UAV) while he got mine twice. Probably MOH tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Galway Dav( who wouldn't join our party),Raze,Shoveltooth,Failsafe,Tamlink,Kev,Dunworth, Garv, also Lindsay joined our party and tempted Raze to play MOH (royal joined the party while playing MOH as well)with him.
    Ya some good games last night and it actually makes you realize how polished BC2 is compared to MOH.
    I couldn't join your party as my mic was dead...might be on tonight though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Battlefield vietnam is priced at 1200 msps with no current release date as of yet:
    http://www.trueachievements.com/n2057/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-is-priced.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Well played last night my friends. As you can see my tags are fairly easy to get.....but they will cost you and your team dearly. ;)

Oh and anyone who can get my tags.......you get a cookie. :D
    Yay! 3 cookies (so far!) for me!
    cookie_monster-3687.jpg
    Other than that it was seriously annoying with the lag I was suffering last night. 1 step forward 2 steps back ,teleporting through walls.:mad::mad::mad:

Odd bad company never lags for me.

Part of the reason why I stopped playing MW2. Couldn't stand the lag in it so went over to bad company and stayed there.

Right now I'm about 6 months sober from MW2.

Odd bad company never lags for me.

Part of the reason why I stopped playing MW2. Couldn't stand the lag in it so went over to bad company and stayed there.

Right now I'm about 6 months sober from MW2.
    My broadband is weather sensitive so I was getting lag on (spit) MoH as well.:rolleyes: Finished up as I was downloading Burnout:Takedown. Excellent game!
    I traded MW2 shortly after BC2 came out. I bought the first map pack for it but when I went back to play them I hated it. Looking forward to Black Ops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Am looking foward to Black Ops also. I love the idea of wager matches.

cycocycle wrote: »
    My broadband is weather sensitive so I was getting lag on (spit) MoH as well.:rolleyes:

cough cough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Well a preview for BFBC vietnam came out yesterday in XBOX 360 Offical magazine.

Four new maps comming out, a few new weapons including a fully automatic sniper rifle and 49 music tracks, 3 of which are anti-war ones (sounds awesome IMO) it got a 9/10 only thing shortcomming in it was the fact more maps were not brought out.

Its biggest seller is that the maps are balanced for all classes, not just the bush wookies.

Can't-F**CKing-Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

There were no bush wookies in Vietnam so I will be disappointed if they are in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

There were no bush wookies in Vietnam so I will be disappointed if they are in it.

Yes there were but they weren't called Bush Wookies... how about renaming them something more apt like "Bamboo Charlie's"? :D

• Advertisement

Well a preview for BFBC vietnam came out yesterday in XBOX 360 Offical magazine.

Four new maps comming out, a few new weapons including a fully automatic sniper rifle and 49 music tracks, 3 of which are anti-war ones (sounds awesome IMO) it got a 9/10 only thing shortcomming in it was the fact more maps were not brought out.

Its biggest seller is that the maps are balanced for all classes, not just the bush wookies.

Can't-F**CKing-Wait.

Me neither... don't suppose it gave an exact release date, by any chance?

The VSS is a fuly automatic sniper rifle... are they removing the weapons from BC2 and issuing totally new weapons for this game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Me neither... don't suppose it gave an exact release date, by any chance?

The VSS is a fuly automatic sniper rifle... are they removing the weapons from BC2 and issuing totally new weapons for this game?

I'll type out the preview (some of it) here for you to read.

RELEASE DATE: WINTER (No other date specified)

".......just one of the 49 new tracks that'll form the soundtrack to you're morally-grey slaughter experience (talking about one anti-war protest song just before there).

Of the four maps to be included in the viet "congflict" (gettit?) only the paddy field of Phu Bai was made playable at TGS.

As you;d expect from the seasoned multiplayer pros at DICE, it's well designed for play by every class. Not at least of whom the sniper, whose upgraded rifle is now fully automatic. Expect three more authentic feeling locations that capture the feel of the location and movies.

With 15 new weapons don't expect shiny new equipment - you're AK47s have seen some action and will be held together by the bandages you where probably hoping to save for yourself.

Other new weapons include a grenade launcher, a welding kit that'll let engineers perform on-the spot vechile repairs and the retro appeal of a stick of dynamite.

The huey helicopter has been revealed with M60 machine guns for two lucky passengers and room for a third to offload some of his personal ammo onto the ground. Meanwhile the driver has access to the 70mm rocket pods. It's an iconic airboat of warm, bullet releated death."

There's more but it's just regarding the soundtrack and the "feel of the game".

I'll type out the preview (some of it) here for you to read.

RELEASE DATE: WINTER (No other date specified)

".......just one of the 49 new tracks that'll form the soundtrack to you're morally-grey slaughter experience (talking about one anti-war protest song just before there).

Of the four maps to be included in the viet "congflict" (gettit?) only the paddy field of Phu Bai was made playable at TGS.

As you;d expect from the seasoned multiplayer pros at DICE, it's well designed for play by every class. Not at least of whom the sniper, whose upgraded rifle is now fully automatic. Expect three more authentic feeling locations that capture the feel of the location and movies.

With 15 new weapons don't expect shiny new equipment - you're AK47s have seen some action and will be held together by the bandages you where probably hoping to save for yourself.

Other new weapons include a grenade launcher, a welding kit that'll let engineers perform on-the spot vechile repairs and the retro appeal of a stick of dynamite.

The huey helicopter has been revealed with M60 machine guns for two lucky passengers and room for a third to offload some of his personal ammo onto the ground. Meanwhile the driver has access to the 70mm rocket pods. It's an iconic airboat of warm, bullet releated death."

There's more but it's just regarding the soundtrack and the "feel of the game".

Can't wait to do my Sgt. Elias impression (Platoon) by running through the jungle, flanking charlie and totally running riot... I'm guessing it'll be Shoveltooth playing the role of Sgt. Barnes :D

heres a fact sheet with the important info.

heres a fact sheet with the important info.

Nothing about raising the levels above 50 though :(

Nope, plus all weapons will be unlocked from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Can't-F**CKing-Wait.
    That fully auto sniper is going to be vicious. The last thing a level 50 recon needs is a fully auto sniper

That fully auto sniper is going to be vicious. The last thing a level 50 recon needs is a fully auto sniper

as moose said the vss is fully auto.
    still cant use at at fully auto more than 20 feet away with the spray off it.
    it takes about 3 shots from range to the head to kill someone with it.

maybe this gun will be like that.

at the moment in battlefield im onto the svu. i like it but i think the silencer makes it pack less of a punch towards the t88.
    but as moose said it is a lethal gun with the 4x scopre or red dot. got 40 kills with it alone in one game of conquest during the week.
    i finially platinum'd the rex (cannon) handgun. so thats all the handguns done so im back to wrecking peoples heads with the good ould m9

as moose said the vss is fully auto.
    still cant use at at fully auto more than 20 feet away with the spray off it.
    it takes about 3 shots from range to the head to kill someone with it.

maybe this gun will be like that.

at the moment in battlefield im onto the svu. i like it but i think the silencer makes it pack less of a punch towards the t88.
    but as moose said it is a lethal gun with the 4x scopre or red dot. got 40 kills with it alone in one game of conquest during the week.
    i finially platinum'd the rex (cannon) handgun. so thats all the handguns done so im back to wrecking peoples heads with the good ould m9

Actually, there's absolutely no difference between the Type 88 and the SUV in stopping power, just noise levels... same damage close up and over distance, recoil and recovery.

However, due to being supressed, the SUV is a vastly superior weapon when used with the x4 or red dot. If you use it with double taps, it's very hard for the enemy to pin point your position when behind enemy lines, especially if you're constantly on the move... which they never expect from a recon!

• Advertisement

Actually, there's absolutely no difference between the Type 88 and the SUV in stopping power, just noise levels... same damage close up and over distance, recoil and recovery.

However, due to being supressed, the SUV is a vastly superior weapon when used with the x4 or red dot. If you use it with double taps, it's very hard for the enemy to pin point your position when behind enemy lines, especially if you're constantly on the move... which they never expect from a recon!

so the stats do say there equal but after using the type 88 for so long it feels nothing like the svu. it says the recoil is the same but i dont think it is. its impossible to use the t88 with a 4x scope because its recoil is so bad but ive no problem using it with the svu. strange....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement