Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

mega drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

1990 was the beginning of my gaming career :D

I already had a decade of gaming under my belt before you even started!

I was a late starter at the age of five on a handheld device that had flashing red mini LED*s symbolising traffic and I had to guide my car (another red LED) so as not to collide with the oncoming red LEDs.

Controls consisted of two buttons, move left and move right. Sound consisted of a beeping noise which gotta faster along with the flashing LEDS the longer you played!

How my parents didn't go insane listening to it, I have no idea! I found it a few years ago in my folks attic, stuck batteries in and it still worked after thirty years!!!

* LED stands for "light emitting diode", very cool in the seventies and eighties!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

No, his gamertag is "Royal 1rish"... now get on your knees and bow down to his majesty, the King of IRL!*

*No, Shoveltooth, you are and will be the king/leader/overlord of this clan, so stop asking!
    Top of the Irl clan leaderboard I'll have you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Well done on being top in a game none of us have played in a while :) ya cheap bastard!!

I've played it once in the last month for about ten minutes with you. You shoud be embarassed that it's taken you this long to catch up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Bwhaha, don't worry moose we haven't missed much. I played a few games last night and did relatively well. You'll be in the groove and re-claiming you're position in no time at all.

Also, I consider myself Irish and I'm from the north, how very dare you. Keep in mind in the North we can have both Irish and British passports.

Also, Raze, Megadrive was the start of my career, with the big ****ers you had to empty a lung into and slam into the console to get them to work.
    I loved sonic, starman, desert strike and so many more. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

but you bottom of every ones elses leaderboard for being a dick.

sorrry shovelspade but i had to comment on that iam sure u dont give a fuu1ck any way

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Spectrum 48k FTW! Check ou the graphics and sound!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I've played it once in the last month for about ten minutes with you. You shoud be embarassed that it's taken you this long to catch up!!!

i reckon if moose played the 16 hours extra you have he'd be past you by hour 6:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Was on last night for about 3 hours, felt like a leper no invites to games and couldnt join :(:( :(oh well tonight I'll be on again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

miju wrote: »
    Was on last night for about 3 hours, felt like a leper no invites to games and couldnt join :(:( :(oh well tonight I'll be on again
    What time were you on?

3am, at least I think so, MIJU came on when moose left.

Ok, so here's some rumours from the BFBC2 forum over at EA. I've included the link at the bottom. The proof seems to have been removed from the web, so the poster can't back up his dates and source but I'm kinda confident about the dates. They make sense to me, in the light of CoD:BO coming out and would fit in with Dice's anti-CoD campaign model set out so far with MoH. Anyway, here's what was posted...

"The patch for BC2 consoles is on November 9th. Vietnam is getting announced either the 10th or the 11th. Vietnam is being released November 17th."

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-ng/1373206-information.html

Here's the complete fix-list for the last PC patch, these will most likely come to the consoles too.

- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
    - Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
    - Blue box chat window removed
    - The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
    - 3D vision fixed.
    - Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
    - Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
    - Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
    - Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
    - Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
    - Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
    - Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
    - Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
    - Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
    - Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
    - Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
    - Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
    - Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
    - Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
    - Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
    - Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
    - Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
    - Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
    - Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
    - Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
    - Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
    - Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Very nice...especially the hit recognition and chopper fixes.

does it say any thing about the knife being fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

naughto wrote: »
    does it say any thing about the knife being fixed

Yeah they are going to be changing the knife to a spoon. Level 50's get a fork. :eek:

Jokes aside, I read through it all and it doesnt say a thing about updating the knife, which is a shame.

I am happy though that we have a rumoured date for the release of the Vietnam expansion pack.

When it comes out I'll be able to tell my Vietnamese friend that I killed a relation of his on the xbox last night called "Charlie".

Yeah they are going to be changing the knife to a spoon. Level 50's get a fork. :eek:

Jokes aside, I read through it all and it doesnt say a thing about updating the knife, which is a shame.

I am happy though that we have a rumoured date for the release of the Vietnam expansion pack.

When it comes out I'll be able to tell my Vietnamese friend that I killed a relation of his on the xbox last night called "Charlie".

looking forward to this as well it will give battlefield bc2 a new lease of life.

Lets just hope it comes to consoles.

I cant believe they are reducing the M60 again. I remember the days when that was a savage gun.

If the November release date is true, am not going to know what to play between CoD black ops and Battlefield Vietnam. I dont think MoH is going to be in the equation when the other two are on offer. Its starting to bore me already which is a first for any game I have bought new.

Ahh Type 88 for me any day. Cant beat a 200 round mag. ;)

• Advertisement

I cant believe they are reducing the M60 again. I remember the days when that was a savage gun.

If the November release date is true, am not going to know what to play between CoD black ops and Battlefield Vietnam. I dont think MoH is going to be in the equation when the other two are on offer. Its starting to bore me already which is a first for any game I have bought new.

ya ill be the same looking forward to black ops now for the online play if any thing i used to put in some serious amount of hours in to mw2 before i joined the irl caln

I have a suspicion that the hit boxes might be related to the knife but that's only my guess, nothing to back it up.

As much as I enjoy MoH, I'm really pissed about them not releasing what we'd expect to be a complete MP and then have the cheek to charge for an additional game mode, which should have come as standard!

This really worries me about BF3 because it seems to be EA/Dice's new business strategy.

I decided about an hour ago that I will buy CoD:BO. I've got all the previous ones so I'm going to add this to my collection. As for the multiplayer, perhaps playing with you guys might give me a new twist to the game. On MW1 & MW2, I only ever played by myself or occasionally with capasso1, never with a team. Regardless, I'll enjoy the single player campaign.

I have a suspicion that the hit boxes might be related to the knife but that's only my guess, nothing to back it up.

As much as I enjoy MoH, I'm really pissed about them not releasing what we'd expect to be a complete MP and then have the cheek to charge for an additional game mode, which should have come as standard!

This really worries me about BF3 because it seems to be EA/Dice's new business strategy.

I decided about an hour ago that I will buy CoD:BO. I've got all the previous ones so I'm going to add this to my collection. As for the multiplayer, perhaps playing with you guys might give me a new twist to the game. On MW1 & MW2, I only ever played by myself or occasionally with capasso1, never with a team. Regardless, I'll enjoy the single player campaign.

Yeah I always played COD4 with a team its much better. MW2 however was almost impossible to play with a team.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah I always played COD4 with a team its much better. MW2 however was almost impossible to play with a team.

Was that because you didn't have a mic??? ;)

Was that because you didn't have a mic??? ;)

I had/have a mic....its just the game was made for xxxxxxeliteubersnipingnoobfagsxxxxxx. :mad:

I think this CoD is going to be the dogs bollix. We will more than likely be able to get extra regular members playing with the guys out there that just play MW2.

Then there is the customization options in the game itself, apart from having the IRL clan tag, you can personalize your soldiers uniform, so we could all have our own matching ones(a pink one for shoveltooth). You can also personalize your weapon of choice with a clan insignia. Am thinking something along the lines of a Shamrock or Harp.

Then the best thing about it is the currency or Cod points. I think this is just genius of Treyarch to bring in. Can you imagine having IRL clan only wager matches on a set night during the week. One of the game modes in that is called "one in the chamber" were we all start with one handgun, with one bullet. If you miss you have to stab him, and for every guy you kill, you get one more bullet in the chamber.

Then there is the weapons in the game. All the main, standard issue assault rifles of most armies are in the game. The British army Enfield L85A1 is in it, which is a first for any game I have played. They have the one the Irish army use, thats also in battlefield, the AUG Steyr which is a wicked AR that packs a punch. The have the French Famas which was also in MW2 but only was a 3 round burst, this time its fully auto. They have the M16 and M4 of the US army. My favorite edition would have to be the Israeli made Golani Galil which is the most used weapon for private contractors in the likes of Iraq and Afghanistan. Its a hybrid of the AK47 but fires the 5.62mm standard nato round, but since it has the same firing mechanism as the AK it means you can bury it in sand and it will still fire.

It also has a crossbow. Any FPS that has a crossbow gets a thumbs up from me.

I can see it now. Thursday night is clan wager night!!!!

I think this CoD is going to be the dogs bollix. We will more than likely be able to get extra regular members playing with the guys out there that just play MW2.

Then there is the customization options in the game itself, apart from having the IRL clan tag, you can personalize your soldiers uniform, so we could all have our own matching ones(a pink one for shoveltooth). You can also personalize your weapon of choice with a clan insignia. Am thinking something along the lines of a Shamrock or Harp.

Then the best thing about it is the currency or Cod points. I think this is just genius of Treyarch to bring in. Can you imagine having IRL clan only wager matches on a set night during the week. One of the game modes in that is called "one in the chamber" were we all start with one handgun, with one bullet. If you miss you have to stab him, and for every guy you kill, you get one more bullet in the chamber.

Then there is the weapons in the game. All the main, standard issue assault rifles of most armies are in the game. The British army Enfield L85A1 is in it, which is a first for any game I have played. They have the one the Irish army use, thats also in battlefield, the AUG Steyr which is a wicked AR that packs a punch. The have the French Famas which was also in MW2 but only was a 3 round burst, this time its fully auto. They have the M16 and M4 of the US army. My favorite edition would have to be the Israeli made Golani Galil which is the most used weapon for private contractors in the likes of Iraq and Afghanistan. Its a hybrid of the AK47 but fires the 5.62mm standard nato round, but since it has the same firing mechanism as the AK it means you can bury it in sand and it will still fire.

It also has a crossbow. Any FPS that has a crossbow gets a thumbs up from me.

I can see it now. Thursday night is clan wager night!!!!

I remember holding an Enfield as a kid. Was at the seaside in Hampshire and they had a recruitment drive going on. The soldiers took a liking to me and showed me inside their Chieftain tank and let me mess around with their L85A1. Seriously cool gun. I remember the scope had a pin in it to designate the center, not a dot or crosshair which I was used to from my Grandfather's hunting rifles. On the same holiday, I got to hold an AK47 (modified to semi-auto only to meet with UK regulations within a gun club) which was far less impressive but that's a story for another day!

I believe the L85A1 received a reliability upgrade and was called the SA80 then. It appeared it Ghost Recon's as the SA80. I remember the soldiers telling me this was the first fully automatic weapon that the standard soldier was ever given in the British army, up till then they were only ever given semi-auto weapons.

I since found out this to be true, as the British policy was that if you gave a soldier the ability to fire 600 rounds a minute, they were afraid that they would run out of ammo too quickly and they would then have a logistical problem of resupplying the troops in combat.

I believe the L85A1 received a reliability upgrade and was called the SA80 then. It appeared it Ghost Recon's as the SA80. I remember the soldiers telling me this was the first fully automatic weapon that the standard soldier was ever given in the British army, up till then they were only ever given semi-auto weapons.

I since found out this to be true, as the British policy was that if you gave a soldier the ability to fire 600 rounds a minute, they were afraid that they would run out of ammo too quickly and they would then have a logistical problem of resupplying the troops in combat.

It is actually a very unreliable gun and is very prone to jamming compared to alot of other similar rifles out there.

The standard issue rifle for the British army before the Enfield was the FN Fal which is in Black Ops and in MW2. It wasnt fully automatic but during the Falklands war the Argies used the FN but fully auto. The British guys used to commandeer the fully auto ones and use them. But they were impossible to fire on fully automatic because of the massive recoil.

I remember holding an "Enfield" as a kid. Was at the seaside in Hampshire and they had a recruitment drive going on. The soldiers took a real good liking to me and showed me inside their Chieftain tank and let me mess around with their L85A1.

This explains so, so much moose.

• Advertisement

This explains so, so much moose.

Poorly worded, I'll admit but I was trying to convey why an Irish kid was holding a British Army soldier's rifle :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement