Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

About time.
    Will play it thursday night probably

EA/Dice are clever bastards. Release the free(-ish) map packs to generate interest in the game again. Then shortly after it, release a 1200 point expansion.

Looking forward to them though. From what I hear from you guys the two original maps are pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    Didn't think it was that high... reckon the C4 UAV will still work?

it was always 12 to destroy it. maybe get away with 11 with eexplosive damage:rolleyes:
    and now its halved the damage of weapons on it so that makes it 24:rolleyes:

c4'n the uav only worked when there was also 12 on it in the one trip of two trips of 6. so now we'; ave to get 4 people with c4 and upgraded explosives and one to destroy the base when we only have a few spawns left:pac::pac:

garv123 wrote: »
    it was always 12 to destroy it. maybe get away with 11 with eexplosive damage:rolleyes:
    and now its halved the damage of weapons on it so that makes it 24:rolleyes:

c4'n the uav only worked when there was also 12 on it in the one trip of two trips of 6. so now we'; ave to get 4 people with c4 and upgraded explosives and one to destroy the base when we only have a few spawns left:pac::pac:

Strap shovelt00th to the UAV and send him and his cat in... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

That type of psychological warfare was outlawed during the Geneva Convention... subjecting the opposition to have to listen to him is worse than a dirty bomb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

[IRL]shovelt00th [knifes] [IRL] Uncle wil
    Friendly fire will not be tolerated
    [IRL]shovelt00th [tamahawks] [IRL] Uncle wil
    Cannot kick host player :)
    Cue lion king music

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

[IRL]shovelt00th [knifes] [IRL] Uncle wil
    Friendly fire will not be tolerated
    [IRL]shovelt00th [tamahawks] [IRL] Uncle wil
    Cannot kick host player :)
    Cue lion king music

In the Jungle the mighty Jungle, the lions sleep tonight!

Shovel likes this song because it reminds him of cats, very large cats.

Side note:

Some amazing games last night on HCTF, we won almost every single one, minues two throughout the day & evening.

Well done lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

24 c4 to destroy a base. you deserve to have it destroyed if you someone can spend that amount of time near it to do the damage

yeah 24 C4s but when you throw in a combo of C4 and AT mines it's bye bye MCOM box

is clan back playing this or what? I've not seen anyone on it in AAAAAGGGGGEEESS

miju wrote: »
    is clan back playing this or what? I've not seen anyone on it in AAAAAGGGGGEEESS

Since the release of the new map packs people will surely come flocking back in the next few days, although since then everyones been too engrossed on COD/BO.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

List of regular [IRL] clan members.

GaRv 123 - Dunworth1 - TheMooseInNam - Shoveltooth - naughtokev - Uncle Wil - Royal 1rish - Cableguy IE - Cycocyle - colinbfmv - FAILSAFE 00 - Raze them all - SimonGruberSays - mlindsay215

I do suppose I'm irregular. How often do you have to sh't to be considered regular? Should I add more fibre to my diet?

(I realise the whimsical responses that can be made from the above statement so don't bother)

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »

who are you and why do you have a boards IRL sig??:p:p

i havent seen you on even before moh came out :D
    ive stuck to battlefield through em both just not on half as much as usual.
    prob be on tonight aswel

When's the maps out already?

GaRv 123 - Dunworth1 - TheMooseInNam - Shoveltooth - naughtokev - Uncle Wil - Royal 1rish - Cableguy IE - Cycocyle - colinbfmv - FAILSAFE 00 - Raze them all - SimonGruberSays - mlindsay215

I do suppose I'm irregular. How often do you have to sh't to be considered regular? Should I add more fibre to my diet?

(I realise the whimsical responses that can be made from the above statement so don't bother)
    Your dodgy tash offends the clan

Fair enough, blame Royal... I just copied and pasted from him ;) I've added a few more... so who's missing from the list now?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

looking forward to seeing some of ye back in BFBC2. Think I've only seen garv, lindsay, shoveltooth and mac on BFBC2 in last few weeks. I'll probably get COD:BO in a few weeks, but I couldn't be arsed about MOH.

looking forward to seeing some of ye back in BFBC2. Think I've only seen garv, lindsay, shoveltooth and mac on BFBC2 in last few weeks. I'll probably get COD:BO in a few weeks, but I couldn't be arsed about MOH.
    Red faction is all in the rage also

Red faction is all in the rage also

CoD:BO is a complete rip off of Red Faction anyway. Alec Mason in RF... Alex Mason in BO... more than just coincidence!

Back on topic - are the new maps released yet?

who are you and why do you have a boards IRL sig??:p:p

shocking stuff :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm playing more during the day and before 7pm these days rather than late night due to work :(

No release date for Vietnam or the map pack 7, although lots of rumours that the map pack is out 1st Dec.

Here's a vid outlining all the Vietnam weapons, contains spoilers, so be warned! ;)

Map Pack 7 will be out sometime within the next 24 hours!

Gonna be a big download, 2.4gigs. Will include a patch, new maps and also preparation for Vietnam too (I suspect it also includes Vietnam).

Full list taken from EA's site:

For Xbox 360 users:

Here is a complete list of all the fixes in the Xbox 360 Update:
    - Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
    - Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
    - Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
    - Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
    - Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
    - Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
    - Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
    - Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
    - Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
    - Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
    - Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
    - Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
    - Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
    - Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
    - Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
    - Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
    - Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
    - Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
    - Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
    - Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

Xbox 360 players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 09:00 2010-11-30 and GMT 09:01 2010-12-01).

• Advertisement

No mention of the MoH hitbox "improvement"? Thank feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

New maps should be savage. Hope theres a good few playing when their out

i was considering buying BO before xmas but now with these relaes dates i dont think i will with these maps coming out, might see how long these last for and get it off santa:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i was considering buying BO before xmas but now with these relaes dates i dont think i will with these maps coming out, might see how long these last for and get it off santa:rolleyes:
    wow the cheap git we all knew wouldn buy the game isn't buying the game. The clan as a whole are shocked.

It seem's what you meant was,
    I was considering buying BO, but I'm a poor student and thus a "cheap skate" however with these unconfirmed release dates I may be able to afford the considerably cheaper BFBC2 Vietnam DLC and ask mammy and daddy for BO.

P.S Raze just beat me to it. Neeeer

Just heard vietnam is scheduled for a release date of dec 18th(on steam for the pc) they're taking pre orders. Time to get yer ms points chaps.

Also it's weird that moose hasn reported this!

Just heard vietnam is scheduled for a release date of dec 18th(on steam for the pc) they're taking pre orders. Time to get yer ms points chaps.

Also it's weird that moose hasn reported this!

Stream have an agreement that it gets everything three days before everyone else... so the xbox release date is the 21st ;)

ha ha nice one moose, but as you can see I didn't state an xbox release date :P ravage will have 3 days playtime on us. I'll badger him on it then!

wow the cheap git we all knew wouldn buy the game isn't buying the game. The clan as a whole are shocked.

if you read the bit where i said i'd see if ye will be still playing it by then i probably will. not much point getting it now with only one xbox here for a while.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement