Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Had a feeling it would be late December before we got Nam but at least we now have a date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Downloading it now ...1.64Gigs but it says it's a BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer update ?

Downloading it now ...1.64Gigs but it says it's a BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer update ?

Yeah, it's probably got the new map pack 7 in it and they'll just unlock it tomorrow... wouldn't be surprised if Vietnam was in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

ARRRGH what time tommorrow!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

cursai wrote: »
    ARRRGH what time tommorrow!!!!
    Well my download is complete (I think) and I have no new maps to play! Must have a time lock or something (or else I'm clueless, no jokes needed).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

It says the maps will not be made available until the 1st December, which is midnight tonight, so anytime after then fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

No better time for it to be snowing! AAAAHHHHHHH:)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Managed to play a couple of quick games last night before the War Office returned to base.

The G3 with the ACOG scope is amazing. Very accurate and easy to kill. Using that on assault, with C4 and a tracer gun is pretty much the everymap setup (for me at least).

Now, bring on Oasis. Have been playing BC1 a bit lately, it's just a brilliant map. Has everything - wide open spaces to narrow streets. Can't wait.

As fella said, the patch has come through, but the maps are still unavailable.

Soon my precious, so very soon.

• Advertisement

As long as it's there for when I get home from work :D
    Played a bit last night and kept crouching up and down in front of people instead of stabbing them...It's going to take some time to get Black Ops out of my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

As long as it's there for when I get home from work :D
    Played a bit last night and kept crouching up and down in front of people instead of stabbing them...It's going to take some time to get Black Ops out of my system.

cyco ran up to a fella last night and basically started tea bagging him whilst he was alive looking straight at him instead of knifing him :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

garv123 wrote: »
    cyco ran up to a fella last night and basically started tea bagging him whilst he was alive looking straight at him instead of knifing him :D:D

He seemed to enjoy it to be fair.

The exact same thing happened to me after I detoxed from MoH. Everytime I thought I was going to get a nice shiny set of tags, I'm teabagging a live body before they turned around and slaughter me, and the worst thing is, I'm mashing the knife button and wondering why I'm hopping up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Maps are out. Playing like headless chickens trying to remember the controls. Forgot the camera shakes when you sprint. Everyone using m14 with scope. New maps are big and expansive. Need a couple of days to get back into the game. Good trip down memory lane with the bc1 maps. Played horribly but was good fun. Will trade in BO before the year is out. Feeling dizzy from the different pace of battlefield. Guided missile still seems ****

Congrats to me on the 100000 views of the thread

Maps are out. Playing like headless chickens trying to remember the controls. Forgot the camera shakes when you sprint. Everyone using m14 with scope. New maps are big and expansive. Need a couple of days to get back into the game. Good trip down memory lane with the bc1 maps. Played horribly but was good fun. Will trade in BO before the year is out. Feeling dizzy from the different pace of battlefield. Guided missile still seems ****

Congrats to me on the 100000 views of the thread

Tried to play last night, but it wanted to download that 1.6GB update (again). Left the Xbox downloading through the night; I think it completed, but I'll have a look later on.

Trading in BO? There isn't a whole lot between now and Christmas. NFS:HP is pretty decent. Although you could probably trade for MSP for Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Three of the new maps are pretty damn big, especially Harvest. Shoveltooth hasn't lost his touch anyway - trundling down the road in a tank and says "careful, there's probably a few mines on this road" the very second he hits one.

Oasis is good fun and Cold War is alright, it feels the most familiar even though it's a new map.

Looking forward to some more games this evening.

The few games I played last night were good fun but definitely felt a bit Rusty. Love Oasis and Harvest. Heavy Metal was ok didn't get to play Cold War.

Even though we were raped on Harvest the IRL clan were still top dogs on the score board. :D

Haven't played the new maps yet... what's the general consensus?

BIG

• Advertisement

Shoveltooth is once again right, the maps are very expansive but to be honest that's what I like about them. People are just finding their feet on them at the moment but they seem like a snipers paradise (Lindsay will love it if he can ever return to being a bush w(anker)ookie after his physical excursions in M.O.H(with a U). and Black Ops). Other than that it's too early for me to give a proper run down except to say that arming of the mcomm stations in back in vogue.

Odd - the maps are no longer showing up for me. I have the update (can still add the ACOG to the G3) but no new maps :(

Shoveltooth is once again right
    More people should start off posts like this.
    Look at wizzy's sig closer for a lovely surprise

bigfeller wrote: »
    Odd - the maps are no longer showing up for me. I have the update (can still add the ACOG to the G3) but no new maps :(
    Are you checking in rush mode? Maps are titled: Oasis, Cold War, Harvest Day and they are mixed in the list with the old maps

Look at wizzy's sig closer for a lovely surprise

It has been noticed only once so far,
    by the moose
    and mentioned on another thread. I'm surprised it's taking people this long or else people just don't care. I'm fine with that either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

by the moose
    and mentioned on another thread. I'm surprised it's taking people this long or else people just don't care. I'm fine with that either way.

i noticed something straight off from the list of players. is that it?

by the moose
    If my gt was in front of mlindsay215 the heart shape would be upside down

And our survey said ☑, Top answer!

mLindsay either hasn't noticed or is completely comfortable with it :D

• Advertisement

Are you checking in rush mode? Maps are titled: Oasis, Cold War, Harvest Day and they are mixed in the list with the old maps

Yeah - was playing them last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement