Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

A few good matches on Harvest Day the other night with Moose, Carpasso, Lindslay and Cyco.

The first two stages of Harvest Day are great for vehicle combat or being a wookie. The size of the map gives it a truly epic feel. I have to agree with Moose, it's the best multiplayer map I've ever played.

I finally managed to get all the pins and working my way through the insignias.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

I finally managed to get all the pins and working my way through the insignias.

Don't worry too much about it. I still don't have the all bronze star insignia or the all weapon bronze star insignia even though I hold the prerequisite requirements! It still infuriates me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Don't worry too much about it. I still don't have the all bronze star insignia or the all weapon bronze star insignia even though I hold the prerequisite requirements! It still infuriates me.

happened to me too, double check your stats i bet your missing something cos i was adament id them all too.

only have the wheels of hazard pin to get and cant for the life of me get the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

miju wrote: »
    happened to me too, double check your stats i bet your missing something cos i was adament id them all too.

only have the wheels of hazard pin to get and cant for the life of me get the thing

i got em all but didnt get the bronze star. i have all bronze stars even on the m1 even though i didnt unlock it. but its a glicth i think

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

miju wrote: »
    ...only have the wheels of hazard pin to get and cant for the life of me get the thing

This coming from you surprised me greatly! I was finding it impossible until I used the U.A.V. Yes your favourite weapon, the U.A.V. Just hunt down bush wookies and aim for their knees. Make sure to equip extra vehicle armour though!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

This coming from you surprised me greatly! I was finding it impossible until I used the U.A.V. Yes your favourite weapon, the U.A.V. Just hunt down bush wookies and aim for their knees. Make sure to equip extra vehicle armour though!

Yeah was thinking of using the UAV alright but it pains me greatly to waste a good UAV rampage on bush wookies though.

suppose ill give it a go tonight and get all my pins that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

garv123 wrote: »
    i got em all but didnt get the bronze star. i have all bronze stars even on the m1 even though i didnt unlock it. but its a glicth i think
    Maybe you don't deserve it ;)
    I have them all naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Maybe you don't deserve it ;)
    I have them all naturally

And that is why we call you special.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

And that is why we call you special.:D:D

Among other things...........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

also looks like i wont be able to get it till after xmas or hopfully i'll get it on xmas eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Ok lads so I bought BFBC 2 the other day second hand..now I had no idea about VIP codes or the likes before I bought it but I got one with it which I am assuming has been used (I can't check until I get home from college tomorrow). So what I'm wondering is if the VIP code does not work how much is it going to set me back to buy all the map packs including the new Vietnam one in a few days? I really want to get into this game over the xmas so I'm gonna get them all hopefully :)

Ok lads so I bought BFBC 2 the other day second hand..now I had no idea about VIP codes or the likes before I bought it but I got one with it which I am assuming has been used (I can't check until I get home from college tomorrow). So what I'm wondering is if the VIP code does not work how much is it going to set me back to buy all the map packs including the new Vietnam one in a few days? I really want to get into this game over the xmas so I'm gonna get them all hopefully :)

I think it's 1200 points. So what's that... about a tenner?

Plus 1200 for Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

buy all the map packs including the new Vietnam one in a few days? I really want to get into this game over the xmas so I'm gonna get them all hopefully :)

Do not I repeat do not buy onslaught it's a waste of money only played it once or twice and the same with almost all the other clan members.
    You will thank me.

yeah its 1200 for all the maps. there not even map packs. there already on the disk. the vip codes just unlock it.

as cableguy said dont buy onslaught.

were all in the same boat having to pay for vietnam too.

how much did it cost u

20 euro used in gamestop :) had a sticker saying 25 but 20 at the till and 10 euro for the other maps and 10 for vietnam...not a bad deal id say :) will be home tomorrow from college for the xmas so I shall be dipping my toes in the BFBC2 water tomorrow night I'd say..if any of ye are on let me know ye can show me how to play :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Jimdwyer

If you guys are still taking members add me : Da YoKe DuzZ 90 would appreciate it :)

20 euro used in gamestop :) had a sticker saying 25 but 20 at the till and 10 euro for the other maps and 10 for vietnam...not a bad deal id say :) will be home tomorrow from college for the xmas so I shall be dipping my toes in the BFBC2 water tomorrow night I'd say..if any of ye are on let me know ye can show me how to play :P

id say il give it a lash tomorro night since i dont own a copy of black ops :rolleyes: wait maybe sunday if i decide to head out but will be on one of them anyway. the difference between this and black ops is it will take you 450 hours plus to max out your levels. and another good thing about it is when you knife someone you claim their dog tags.
    bronze silver and gold. gold is level 41. im not sure what you get silver at. 20 something i think. this adds to the fun when we're on opposite teams.
    also there is weapon levels too. 25 kills bronze 50 silver 100 gold and 1000 platinum this is another good little side missions for yourself. most of us platinum'd the knife first i reckon. the knife isnt at all like black ops either. its much slower and you wont kill him from across the room with it.
    but yeah prepared to be knived :D
    Jimdwyer wrote: »
    If you guys are still taking members add me : Da YoKe DuzZ 90 would appreciate it :)

most the clan is on black ops at the moment but do feel free to add people off my sig (we stopped adding people due to our lists filling up with noshows.)
    most of us wil be heading back to battlefield before the launch of vietnam so add away and join in with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Jimdwyer

Ok cool man.. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Okay just one more time please!

Whens battlefield vietnam out for the xbox?

What have ye people being doing in here for a moderator to lock the thread?

cursai wrote: »
    Okay just one more time please!

Whens battlefield vietnam out for the xbox?

21st December as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Anyone here ever use this website? http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

Thinking of getting the offer on their homepage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

cursai wrote: »

Some of us, no names or pointing
    mLindsay215, naughtokev, izambard
    , can't quite get their heads around how to ignore trolls on the forum and tend to rise to the bait ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Jaafa wrote: »

yep have used them before they send an email of the code within mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Nice glad to hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Some of us, no names or pointing
    mLindsay215, naughtokev, izambard
    , can't quite get their heads around how to ignore trolls on the forum and tend to rise to the bait ;)

This statement is unfair. Only kev got a ban so he is the only one to blame. Shame on you Kev.

EDIT: I am now officially set for Vietn. Went to GAME and got 2100 points for £14 for using my reward card. Good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Jaafa wrote: »

yep use them all the time, no problems, code sent in minutes

OK lads I'm slightly confused!

So I stuck in bad company 2 there today went to the store and entered the VIP code that came with the 2nd hand copy. So nothing popped up saying it was void and a download started for some multiplayer upgrade about 1.64 gigs..so is this the VIP packs or is it something else?
    Also what are all the downloadable kits and upgrades etc.? Do I want to get these?
    Finally what is this onslaught mode in the downloads? Should I be getting this aswell?

Cheers lads :)

So I stuck in bad company 2 there today went to the store and entered the VIP code that came with the 2nd hand copy. So nothing popped up saying it was void and a download started for some multiplayer upgrade about 1.64 gigs..so is this the VIP packs or is it something else?
    Also what are all the downloadable kits and upgrades etc.? Do I want to get these?
    Finally what is this onslaught mode in the downloads? Should I be getting this aswell?

First off avoid Onslaught. 4 player Co-op v AI. Crap.
    The VIP code would be void if it came with a second hand copy as its probably been redeemed by the original owner. The code is attached to a gamertag rather than a copy of the game. Can be bought from XBL.
    The 1.64g download is the Vietnam expansion(more than likely). It will be unlocked on the servers next Tuesday.
    If you purchase a vip code you will open up a further 6 or 7 map packs.
    The specact kits are just alternative uniforms with some extra achievements. I got them just for the sake of it.
    There should be a couple of us on later.

if the codes worked then dont pay for anything till vietnam. and also its prob just downloading the latest patches and upgrades and the preperation for nam.
    dont buy onslought or the ammo cammo. there a waste of money in my opinion unless your an achievement whore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Hi lads just have a question about the game and would appreciate it if ye could give me some feedback. I'm thinking about getting the game because it is getting great reviews for its online play, but I was wondering what is the story mode like or is there one? Is it worth getting if you don't play online etc
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement