Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Yes_Man wrote: »
    Hi lads just have a question about the game and would appreciate it if ye could give me some feedback. I'm thinking about getting the game because it is getting great reviews for its online play, but I was wondering what is the story mode like or is there one? Is it worth getting if you don't play online etc
    Thanks

I played this online religiously until Black ops came out. Best online shooter by miles. Offline though its a solid if not very innovative shooter. I havent actually finished th story as I lost interest,but this was as much to do with the strength of the multiplayer as opposed to the weakness of the single player. In summary not as good as Bioshock but better than most(CoD/MoH).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Ok probably the most obvious question ever but I want to make sure :P

Anyway as ye know I bought this second hand and it had a VIP code in it so I said I'd see does it work..After trying it and allowing it to download something I go into the store and are the 7 map packs the VIP stuff? because when I go to download these it says this item is already available for your use..so that means I have them and the code worked right? :)

Anyway as ye know I bought this second hand and it had a VIP code in it so I said I'd see does it work..After trying it and allowing it to download something I go into the store and are the 7 map packs the VIP stuff? because when I go to download these it says this item is already available for your use..so that means I have them and the code worked right? :)

I would assume so. Mostly what these "map packs" did was enable particular game types on certain maps. A bit of a con as all the maps are already on the disc. The most recent map pack did contain "new" maps which were actually reboots of fan favorites from BFBC1. The three larger new maps are excellent.
    Try a few games with the clan and you wont be long finding out if your VIP maps are playable. For instance the "Conquest" mode was enabled on the "Port Valdez" map,so go to "Quick Match" and set up a game.The gameplay is worlds apart from CoD so it will take a bit of adjustment and familiarisation. Go hardcore from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hi lads just have a question about the game and would appreciate it if ye could give me some feedback. I'm thinking about getting the game because it is getting great reviews for its online play, but I was wondering what is the story mode like or is there one? Is it worth getting if you don't play online etc
    Thanks
    i enjoyed the single player in it. well the one i played before it was mw2 which was a disaster. i didnt think it was bad and i have gone back and tried the odd mission when my sh!ite internet was down.
    but if your into online gaming its probably the best game ive ever played (competing with rainbow six 2 in its day) mature gamers are more common on this game and ive 500+ hours on it now and i think ive found 4 annoying screaming abusive people on it which i reported to avoid in future, this towards any COD game is 4 per game which you normally have to mute to play

seems to be working so. if it hasnt asked for microsoft points yet there free:P like cyco said go to quick game, rush, and check if nelson bay is there or atacama desert. these were some of the first new maps on rush in the map packs. i would say you got lucky with the codes too ya ****** :P very hard to find unused codes and id say if gamesto knew they wernt used they add 20 quid to the price.

as cyco said hardcore is the business in it but maybe spend your first day on softcore because i find in the new bigger maps im running to the enemy before i realize ive been running backwards out of bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

cycocycle wrote: »
    I played this online religiously until Black ops came out. Best online shooter by miles. Offline though its a solid if not very innovative shooter. I havent actually finished th story as I lost interest,but this was as much to do with the strength of the multiplayer as opposed to the weakness of the single player. In summary not as good as Bioshock but better than most(CoD/MoH).
    garv123 wrote: »
    i enjoyed the single player in it. well the one i played before it was mw2 which was a disaster. i didnt think it was bad and i have gone back and tried the odd mission when my sh!ite internet was down.

Have any of ye completed the whole single player mode or how many hours do ye think it would take to complete it?

• Advertisement

Have any of ye completed the whole single player mode or how many hours do ye think it would take to complete it?

I'm currently playing through the single player for the first time and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's terribly challenging but good fun blowing everything up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Yeah I finished it. Quite good. Nothing spectacular but worth playing. Took about 10 hours. Obviously depends on the person. Might take you less or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah I finished it. Quite good. Nothing spectacular but worth playing. Took about 10 hours. Obviously depends on the person. Might take you less or more.

10 hours isnt bad by todays standards, it would probably take me longer aswel because I hav'nt played the game before online or anything

10 hours isnt bad by todays standards, it would probably take me longer aswel because I hav'nt played the game before online or anything

play it on the hardest level and it will take that bit longer, no point strolling threw a game on an easy level with no challenge

play it on the hardest level and it will take that bit longer, no point strolling threw a game on an easy level with no challenge

Oh that was on the hardest difficulty. Then again I have played the original so that probably helped.

• Advertisement

Ok lads so finished the campaign on this and I have to say I enjoyed it :) Now I checked them levels in quick match and they all seem to be available so I'm guessing the VIP code worked which is sweet :D

Popped my BFBC2 multiplayer cherry there for a 5 minute taster and my god!! I don't have a clue what was going on around me but apparently we won :P Anyone have any tips for the multiplayer to help me improve or even have a notion what is going on and what I'm supposed to be doing?

Cheers

Ok lads so finished the campaign on this and I have to say I enjoyed it :) Now I checked them levels in quick match and they all seem to be available so I'm guessing the VIP code worked which is sweet :D

Popped my BFBC2 multiplayer cherry there for a 5 minute taster and my god!! I don't have a clue what was going on around me but apparently we won :P Anyone have any tips for the multiplayer to help me improve or even have a notion what is going on and what I'm supposed to be doing?

Cheers

we all play rush. the aim is to arm the 2 mcom stations when attacking. and then move onto the next area. the attackers have 75 spawns for each area.
    when defending the best is to stick close to the mcoms and disarm it when its armed.
    we'l be back to it shortly and join in with us and you'll get the hang of it

Cheers

Few tips for ya.

1. Stay away from wide open spaces.
    2. Move from cover to cover and move fast.
    3. If you get in a tank....watch the road for mines.
    4. Be patient it will take time to get the hang of things.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Few tips for ya.

1. Stay away from wide open spaces.
    2. Move from cover to cover and move fast.
    3. If you get in a tank....watch the road for mines.
    4. Be patient it will take time to get the hang of things.

+1
    I cant tell you how much better it is to play with a few familiar people. As this is a squad objective game party chat will enhance the experience as you co-ordinate your actions with your squad. Much of the reason that I left this game was the fact that playing with randomers is not as enjoyable.
    Try all the classes and use a headset. When you knife someone you are awarded dogtags. The pursuit of clan members tags and the protection of your own WILL become an all consuming obsession.:rolleyes:

http://bfbcs.com/

veryyy addictive as cyco said. yours will just be another set for the wall :D
    http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/GaRv%20123/dogtags
    someday you'll be up there with dunworth and shoveltooth, like it or not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Anyone have any tips for the multiplayer to help me improve or even have a notion what is going on and what I'm supposed to be doing?

Stick to your squad mates like glue. Start off by following them and giving them support fire, medic would be excellent for this as you can revive your fallen squad mates.

Always assume that a sniper is watching you in his scope, just waiting for you to hold still for a second. Act accordingly!

This game (not TDM, obviously) is not about K/D ratio, it's about completing objectives as quickly and efficiently as possible, supporting your squad by whatever means possible and communicating constantly.

If you act like a lonewolf/CoD-type person, expect incoming friendly fire, squad mates revealing your position or perhaps even a glowing red tracer dart on the back of your head ;)

cheers for all the tips lads :) If anyone is on this tonight I'll probably jump in with ye for a while see can I learn the ropes a bit.

Even though I only played like 5 minutes I get the feeling this could be an epic online game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Stick to your squad mates like glue. Start off by following them and giving them support fire, medic would be excellent for this as you can revive your fallen squad mates.

Always assume that a sniper is watching you in his scope, just waiting for you to hold still for a second. Act accordingly!

This game (not TDM, obviously) is not about K/D ratio, it's about completing objectives as quickly and efficiently as possible, supporting your squad by whatever means possible and communicating constantly.

If you act like a lonewolf/CoD-type person, expect incoming friendly fire, squad mates revealing your position or perhaps even a glowing red tracer dart on the back of your head ;)
    Ah yea, nothing funnier than tracing someone on your team running into the enemy base. And if you play well with a team you have a better chance of a good k/d ratio than taking on a whole team on your own

Looking forwards to getting back into this...

Hit my 1st prestige in CoD on Saturday, so I'm happy to go back to BC now.

Although I'm torn between this and Red Faction :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Cheers

add me M1JU and a few others who have started playing the game again recently and we'll walk ya through a few of the best spots / tactics etc.

Just dont be a UAV hog I hate that :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I just realised I've not yet gotten garvs gold tags. that WILL be changing garv :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Does anyone know what time Vietnam will be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

cheers for all the tips lads :) If anyone is on this tonight I'll probably jump in with ye for a while see can I learn the ropes a bit.

Even though I only played like 5 minutes I get the feeling this could be an epic online game :)

I should be online later this evening for a few games.

miju wrote: »
    I just realised I've not yet gotten garvs gold tags. that WILL be changing garv :D

Psssst. Us level 50's just sit back and send the grunts out so you wont get near me;) royal and shoveltooth are gold now too. Is there a new leveling up bit for nam anyway? It will suck not having any more levels to go up. Hitting level 50 killed alot of the fun in battlefield for me and i got bored of my new goals platinum as many guns as i could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It will suck not having any more levels to go up. Hitting level 50 killed alot of the fun in battlefield for me and i got bored of my new goals platinum as many guns as i could.

Yeah but when Viet comes out a lot of people including myself will return and of course Mr Pavlova will be back so at least there will be a few laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I think all you can get in vietnam is a few achievements and more guns to get stars in. Your stuck being a boring level 50 now :p
    Are gold dog tags only level 50s? im fairly sure i got gold tags from a few lower levels

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I think all you can get in vietnam is a few achievements and more guns to get stars in. Your stuck being a boring level 50 now :p
    Are gold dog tags only level 50s? im fairly sure i got gold tags from a few lower levels

No its 41+ for gold some epic games earlier. Its like that wife and whore complex. You always go back to the wife becuase her dinners are the best.

This game's multiplayer has a steep learning curve I think but it is good. Was kind of finding out what to do earlier sitting beside Lindsay and M1JU :P Also killed shoveltooth and in my opinion any day you kill shoveltooth is a good day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Does anyone know what time Vietnam will be released?
    I know this doesn't help but I've no clue. I just didn't want you to feel ignored. You should join us for a few games though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement