Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

I find the best time to be on is 10pm onwards.

Look back at some recent posts and you'll find some gamertags, mine is No Left leg but I got the RRoD so I could be out of action for a while, which totally sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

eoin27 wrote: »
    Hey, My tag is sniffyspark add mebattlefield bc2 is the best multiplayer game ive ever played.
    Ill add you, ill be on later at some stage. I cant play with randomers anymore they're all retards. Lately it just seems to be full of idiots and team killers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

jmacm wrote: »
    Is anyone playing battlefield these days?

I bought the vietnam pack a couple of days ago and pretty much every game I've joined has been light on numbers..sometimes as bad as 2 vs 2!

add a few of us and let us know whats your gamertag is and join in with us.
    miju wrote: »
    theres still plenty of regular IRL clan playing BF. This losing team leaving at last minute is the new influx of COD players IMO preserving their precious W/L & K/D ratios and noob tubing everything left right and centre as it wasnt happening at all previous.

They are very easy to spot too though
    yeah ive noticed it alot. yesterday myself izam and gary were kicking ass till storming threw the bases and keeping them at bay at the first basis, till they all left, then you came on? and look what happened :p you make the rest of our team act stupid or something. ;)

eoin27 wrote: »
    Hey, My tag is sniffyspark add mebattlefield bc2 is the best multiplayer game ive ever played.

add us who are usually playing it.

garv 123
    m1ju
    izambard
    gary guitar
    cycocyle

you see a few more on then sometimes with us when they get pissed off with black ops

stick up IRL clan tags too and just join in our sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EireBurton123

When ever I play bfbc I always pick maps with helicopters..its always which ever team controls the helicopter, wins :) I love bfbc atm, I play vietnam add on alot these days :) feel free to add me on xbox Eire Burton 123

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I smell of plop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

When ever I play bfbc I always pick maps with helicopters..its always which ever team controls the helicopter, wins :) I love bfbc atm, I play vietnam add on alot these days :) feel free to add me on xbox Eire Burton 123

not always ;) we take out the helicopters first before we do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

Cheers lads, I'll add your tags later, mine is jmacm.

Tho I suspect I'll be just cannon fodder for you lads... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Lads, I got this thrown in with my new xbox, do the IRL lads play this often?

try doing that against us ;)
    add the list in my above comment, we gave up adding people bacause some dont even accept, we play hardcore by the way, but dont let that scare you. its way better when you get into it.
    ntlbell wrote: »

we play a decent bit yeah. a lot are on black ops at the minute but still some of us prefer this. add a few from the list in the previous comment by me and join in if you want. dont even bother with core if you start online. straight to hardcore is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I don't think you could manage without any killstreaks :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

This is the game which started the IRL Clan.
    Anyway history lesson over.
    Did you get the game second hand or new because there will be a slip of paper with a VIP code ( it should be in if new/ some people got it when they got the game second hand as well) in the box and if you don't have this you won't be able to play all the maps. It can be bought on line as well thinks its 1200 points or so.

The only thing in hardcore is there is no map and for the first few games you will be running around like a headless chicken but stick with it andyou will get the hang of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

miju wrote: »
    theres still plenty of regular IRL clan playing BF. This losing team leaving at last minute is the new influx of COD players IMO preserving their precious W/L & K/D ratios and noob tubing everything left right and centre as it wasnt happening at all previous.

They are very easy to spot too though
    Indeed, like everyone else they look like one of two options to me...either this:
    sniper2.bmp

or like this
    dogtag.jpg

This is the game which started the IRL Clan.
    Anyway history lesson over.
    Did you get the game second hand or new because there will be a slip of paper with a VIP code ( it should be in if new/ some people got it when they got the game second hand as well) in the box and if you don't have this you won't be able to play all the maps. It can be bought on line as well thinks its 1200 points or so.

The only thing in hardcore is there is no map and for the first few games you will be running around like a headless chicken but stick with it andyou will get the hang of it.
    If you're playing hardcore for the first time, go as a medic, follow your squadmates around ensuring that A) you'll have a human shield= more points for revivs and heals and B) you'll get to know the maps like we do so when you hear shouts like for **** sake they're ****in everywhere the no0btubin ***** you'll know precisely which window of which building we're talking about

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hey my gamertag is ImAwesome1987

Really wana play with some decent people! Do you guys play much?

Cheers!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Hey my gamertag is ImAwesome1987

Really wana play with some decent people! Do you guys play much?

Cheers!

2 of us on now if you add garv 123 and izambard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Lads does the screenshot feature for this on the xbox actually work? As in do the screenshots go anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Had some good games over the last few days really enjoyable. Good to see some new blood as well. There's more than enough life in this game yet but as posted by others previously the quitting of the losing team is really annoying. This was definitely not present before Black Ops.

To those just joining us and playing hardcore all I can say is stick with it. At first it's daunting but once you get used to it you will never play soft core again.

Had some good games over the last few days really enjoyable. Good to see some new blood as well. There's more than enough life in this game yet but as posted by others previously the quitting of the losing team is really annoying. This was definitely not present before Black Ops.

To those just joining us and playing hardcore all I can say is stick with it. At first it's daunting but once you get used to it you will never play soft core again.

Had good fun there raping the other team! Never really played hardcore much but its class! Sorry I wasn't talking to ya, fecking headset broke!

GT: ImAwesome1987

Had good fun there raping the other team! Never really played hardcore much but its class! Sorry I wasn't talking to ya, fecking headset broke!

get used to it ;)

thanks for the team kill too :p:p

garv123 wrote: »
    get used to it ;)

thanks for the team kill too :p:p

haha! Yeah sorry bout that!

we're well used to it by now. stick at it, hardcore is sooo much better when you get into the swing of it. a team kill is 10 deaths for you according to m1ju these days so watch out for that.
    6 will get you kicked in the one game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Jaafa wrote: »
    Lads does the screenshot feature for this on the xbox actually work? As in do the screenshots go anywhere?
    What screenshot yoke?

What screenshot yoke?

ive noticed when im dead and waiting to respawn i start messing hitting buttons and it says screenshot taken in the top corner but never seen any of these screen shots anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

If you press start and back at the same time it takes a screenshot.

No one knows why.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

I'll second that, cheers for the game lads.

Yeh hardcore is interesting....constantly having to check myself from running into friendly tank fire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Had good fun there raping the other team! Never really played hardcore much but its class! Sorry I wasn't talking to ya, fecking headset broke!GT: ImAwesome1987

And here was I thinking you were just ignorant! (insert smiling emoticon here) But try and sort a head set out. The banter is half the craic.

Never apologise. If you team kill, it's their fault. They ran in to your bullets. It's a harsh lesson but they have to learn!

jmacm wrote: »
    I'll second that, cheers for the game lads.

Yeh hardcore is interesting....constantly having to check myself from running into friendly tank fire :)

No worries great to play with new people. Stick with hardcore and you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

The matchmaking is gone to sh1t in this game lately. Was joining matches where there were 3v1,2v4 etc. Would be deadly to rustle up a few heads again to fill the lobbies. I would suggest using the IRL tags only until you become familiar with the clan. In Black Ops lately if we have a few on we change our tags as people quit as they are intimidated by a clan,no matter how skillful or not you may be.

cycocycle wrote: »
    The matchmaking is gone to sh1t in this game lately. Was joining matches where there were 3v1,2v4 etc. Would be deadly to rustle up a few heads again to fill the lobbies. I would suggest using the IRL tags only until you become familiar with the clan. In Black Ops lately if we have a few on we change our tags as people quit as they are intimidated by a clan,no matter how skillful or not you may be.

meh there still leaving with 2 of us with IRL tags on today.

This video goes some way towards explaining the awesomeness of BFBC2. In song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I dont know if its my internet or the ea server acting up but anytime i tried to join a game today it said game unable to be found, even if i was trying to join with someone already playing. Im heading on now again and hopefully its working

• Advertisement

I dont know if its my internet or the ea server acting up but anytime i tried to join a game today it said game unable to be found, even if i was trying to join with someone already playing. Im heading on now again and hopefully its working

I was the same a few nights ago. Garv was connected and I couldnt join his game. Couldnt join random games either.We both use the same connection.:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement