Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I don't think you could manage without any killstreaks :p

I'm not good enough to benifit from killstreaks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

This is the game which started the IRL Clan.
    Anyway history lesson over.
    Did you get the game second hand or new because there will be a slip of paper with a VIP code ( it should be in if new/ some people got it when they got the game second hand as well) in the box and if you don't have this you won't be able to play all the maps. It can be bought on line as well thinks its 1200 points or so.

The only thing in hardcore is there is no map and for the first few games you will be running around like a headless chicken but stick with it andyou will get the hang of it.

Cheers, yep was new, I'll check the VIP code when I get home to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

cycocycle wrote: »
    I was the same a few nights ago. Garv was connected and I couldnt join his game. Couldnt join random games either.We both use the same connection.:confused:

Must be the EA servers! I was getting exactly the same thing two nights ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

cycocycle wrote: »
    I was the same a few nights ago. Garv was connected and I couldnt join his game. Couldnt join random games either.We both use the same connection.:confused:

I get the same thing regularly, simple fix that works for me everytime is sign out of your account back to the main screen of BFBC2 and then sign back in.

It's to do with EA servers not picking up your account when the game loads up occasionally which signing out and back in forces the game to refresh on the server.

Simple I know but thats EA for ya :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just joined a game and it was 1v1 with Lvl 50 on other side. Was about to leave when he messages me "saying arm / disarm for boosting?"

So I say sure walk up arm crate he disarms it at which point I jabbed a knife right in his stupid Lvl 50 boosting face and left shortly after :)

The abuse in the messages that followed was hilarious, I mean seriously your Lvl 50 what have you got to boost too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

miju wrote: »
    Just joined a game and it was 1v1 with Lvl 50 on other side. Was about to leave when he messages me "saying arm / disarm for boosting?"

So I say sure walk up arm crate he disarms it at which point I jabbed a knife right in his stupid Lvl 50 boosting face and left shortly after :)

The abuse in the messages that followed was hilarious, I mean seriously your Lvl 50 what have you got to boost too?
    Thats probably why hes level 50, too much cheating and not enough people putting knifes in his face. I was playing 1 v 1 last week on white pass and the guy rage quit because i took his dogtags 4 times, he left before i nemesised him with my knife

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

miju wrote: »
    I get the same thing regularly, simple fix that works for me everytime is sign out of your account back to the main screen of BFBC2 and then sign back in.

It's to do with EA servers not picking up your account when the game loads up occasionally which signing out and back in forces the game to refresh on the server.

Simple I know but thats EA for ya :rolleyes:

This trick works well, really wish they would sort this out!

matchmaking seemed to be working ok yesterday, i managed to have a few decent games of Vietman......until garv turned up and knifed me in the head :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

jmacm wrote: »
    matchmaking seemed to be working ok yesterday, i managed to have a few decent games of Vietman......until garv turned up and knifed me in the head :mad:

damnnn softcore game nearly drove3 me mad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It wasnt great when we were playing earlier. Was fun in the tanks though on harvest. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

garv123 wrote: »
    damnnn softcore game nearly drove3 me mad.
    Then why do you play it so much ?

Then why do you play it so much ?

so much :confused:
    i joined knifed him and left after i sent him a polite message thanking him:rolleyes:

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It wasnt great when we were playing earlier. Was fun in the tanks though on harvest. :-)

yeah kinda fell apart when the attackers all left cos they knew they weren't going to get through!

so much :confused:
    i joined knifed him and left after i sent him a polite message thanking him:rolleyes:

jeez, u make it sound so easy! :D

jeez, u make it sound so easy! :D

it was ;)

finding you was sum sob on them big conquest maps in vietnam.
    and put ur IRL tags ffs so i can reckonise you easier in future;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Is the matchmaking broken or have people just stopped playing? Last few days its been impossible to get a game of vietnam and for vanilla BC2 the servers are half empty. I was even put into a server on my own.

JD1763 wrote: »
    Is the matchmaking broken or have people just stopped playing? Last few days its been impossible to get a game of vietnam and for vanilla BC2 the servers are half empty. I was even put into a server on my own.
    something wrong with the servers.
    sometimes you cant seen connect to them at all, i often got put into a game with just me defending against no one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

i often got put into a game with just me defending against no one

Did you win then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Did you win then

Finding himself in a game with no one to stab....garv thought it best to stab himself.... repeatedly.

His score of -23060 is the worst score ever recorded by any battlefield player.

Did you win then

i didnt hang around to win :D rage quit:rolleyes:
    Jaafa wrote: »
    Finding himself in a game with no one to stab....garv thought it best to stab himself.... repeatedly.

His score of -23060 is the worst score ever recorded by any battlefield player.

do you want a knife in ur face? :D

having some good runs today with m1ju and a few more of the new members today.

• Advertisement

Someone on the other team tracer darted a teammate earlier and i got a triple kill from shooting a rocket at him. Just one of those brilliant moments. Theres a lesson to be learned from this also...... Garv

Someone on the other team tracer darted a teammate earlier and i got a triple kill from shooting a rocket at him. Just one of those brilliant moments. Theres a lesson to be learned from this also...... Garv

lesson 1. shoot m1ju when he's whoring the uav or sniping it beside it waiting for it to respawn :D

you and raze were tracer darting me the other night when i was trynna defend the base:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bahahahahaha I was lighting people up like christmas trees

I had a tracer dart on my face, couldnt see the screen. That game was too easy though had to liven it up a bit :D

I do love the tracer dart in the face to finisg off the body, one for each limb then bam right in the face. Then run like **** from the team kill

I do love the tracer dart in the face to finisg off the body, one for each limb then bam right in the face. Then run like **** from the team kill

the stand off with you with the vss and the tracer dart was comical. you were dead before the dart hit me when i saw it coming

I knew the team kill was coming too but i just couldn't resist temptation

The best thing about the tracer gun is you forget its equipped and think its a handgun. Then theres an enemy running around with a tracer dart on his head so you know where your revenge kill is

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

Is anyone able to get in to a game. I downloaded the Vietnam DLC yesterday and have been barely able to play any games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Right, I'm finally done with Dragon Age (well, almost just Golems and Witch Hunt DLC to take care of which is only four-five hours of gameplay, max) so I shall be returning to Battlefield tonight!

Capasso's coming over for a bash too. Any of you guys on tonight. I've made my online presence public again, sorry for hiding it but it's easier than ignoring all your requests :D Should be on arounf 9.30-10ish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement