Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Here is a link that will help us with the decision making. IRL Gaggle sounds good to me.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/animals/Animalbabies.shtml

Infestation or Rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

We dont need a name we could just be a symbol like that prince fellow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

prince-symbol-red.jpg

this u mean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Or we could just refer to ourselves as "the clan formerly known as IRL"... grow weird facial hair and become utterly crap at what we do...

or not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Or we could just refer to ourselves as "the clan formerly known as IRL"... grow weird facial hair and become utterly crap at what we do...

or not :D
    Hey, real men have beards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

what about cool and the clan

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Pedos have beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Pedos have beards.

Sounds like the name of some super serious 80s Indie band!
    (Good name for a clan though.)

cycocycle wrote: »
    Its all casual. We call ourselves a clan for want of a better word. Some of the lads have a list of gamertags in their sigs. Add some and join in.

shovelt00th's harem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

cycocycle wrote: »
    Sounds like the name of some super serious 80s Indie band!

Did they not have a song called Don't touch that kid (he's mine).

• Advertisement

I know, I tend to have a lot of facial hair these days. So I shall rephrase it to "Real men have real beards, not nancy-type sculpted designer lines across their faces!"

As in, Tier 1 Operatives in Medal Of Hono(u)r, not Prince/Symbol/Formerly Known As.

Now that we're all clear on this subject, I have to go chop some wood with my bare hands! ;)

Had some good games last night with Dunworth,Kev,Tamilink and Magican.
    Realised there are way too many tanks against you on Harvest and it didn't help that there were shooting from miles back talk about takng the plss.

Also the incident with Dunworth removing the tracer dart from one of our tanks class. Hopefully when bc3 arrives it will have a kill cam on it, some of the deaths/kills last night were briliant. Got team killed a couple times ah it takes me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Had some good games last night with Dunworth,Kev,Tamilink and Magican.
    Realised there are way too many tanks against you on Harvest and it didn't help that there were shooting from miles back talk about takng the plss.

Also the incident with Dunworth removing the tracer dart from one of our tanks class. Hopefully when bc3 arrives it will have a kill cam on it, some of the deaths/kills last night were briliant. Got team killed a couple times ah it takes me back.

kill cam is the reason i play hardcore:confused:
    do you mean the theater mode in black ops by any chance?

garv123 wrote: »
    kill cam is the reason i play hardcore:confused:
    do you mean the theater mode in black ops by any chance?

Yes I meant theater mode. Forgot softcore had killcam as well.

Yes I meant theater mode. Forgot softcore had killcam as well.

we would have some class collection of videos.
    but some games go on for agesssssssssssss and i'd imagine memory and downloading videos that long would be an issue. cod games go on for no more than 10-15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Had a few games with Moose earlier on 'nam and I must admit it's very frustrating when you are playing with randomers who appear to be only out for themselves. On a game of eight versus eight, (if I recall correctly we were attacking) when we finally lost' I finished last on our team with a score of 1025 approximately. We had a high scoring team but when playing it was quite clear that it was only Moose and I who were attempting to arm the mcomm stations. Idiots ruin this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say I'm bored with Nam already. Dull maps and too few of them.
    Think I'll head back to Regular battlefield for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My copy of BF came today! Never played it before!

Had a few games with Moose earlier on 'nam and I must admit it's very frustrating when you are playing with randomers who appeaar to be only out for themselves. On a game of eight versus eight, (if I recall correctly we were attacking) when we finally lost' I finished last on our team with a score of 1025 approximately. We had a high scoring team but when playing it was quite clear that it was only Moose and I who were attempting to arm the mcomm stations. Idiots ruin this game!

Yeah it was very frustrating alright! Those randomers were wrecking my head. Only for Iz, I would have gone postal on my team mates!

I also wish Nam had the ability to upload videos like BlOps.

I ran into a hut, emptied my clip into the backs of two gooks and a third turned around to shoot me point blank in the face with his AK... I ducked and knifed him in the gut as he shot over my head... it was one of my finer moments :D:D:D

Keno 92 wrote: »

Well, I shall be on later tonight if you fancy squading up.

Just remember, in Battlefield, you work as part of a squad. All your actions should be either to the benefit of the squad or/and in capturing or defending the objective.

There's no room for lone wolf types as they just spoil the game for everyone. Helping your squad and capturing/defending the crates will always score you better than simply killing the enemy!

Simple tactic to use, flank the enemy position. Hold your position until your squad spawns on you and advance a little more, repeat as necessary! ;)

• Advertisement

Just remember, in Battlefield, you work as part of a squad. All your actions should be either to the benefit of the squad or/and in capturing or defending the objective.

There's no room for lone wolf types as they just spoil the game for everyone. Helping your squad and capturing/defending the crates will always score you better than simply killing the enemy!

Simple tactic to use, flank the enemy position. Hold your position until your squad spawns on you and advance a little more, repeat as necessary! ;)
    Recon is perfect for it tbh! though if you're not accurate hitting moving targets with one shot there's no point being a wookie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yes sir! :D

Yes sir! :D

All joking aside, you'll love the game if you have a strong squad working together. It makes a huge difference.

I must admit it's very frustrating when you are playing with randomers who appeaar to be only out for themselves. . Idiots ruin this game!

When this happens I usually end up cursing/blaming the other clan members who aren't online or play a game of SDM to get rid of the frustration. Doesn't always work though if we have tank campers (like for example Failsafe the other night) it gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I should be online later this evening too. On Friday night on Phu Bhi map, Shooveltooth, Garv, Cableguy and I had 3 or 4 idiots team killing us, one of them got booted for it and then rejoined. Had a score of -800 at one point i think. And yet, we still won. That's correct, WE won it, not Shovelt00th won it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I should be online later this evening too. On Friday night on Phu Bhi map, Shooveltooth, Garv, Cableguy and I had 3 or 4 idiots team killing us, one of them got booted for it and then rejoined. Had a score of -800 at one point i think. And yet, we still won. That's correct, WE won it, not Shovelt00th won it :D
    You won't be able to rely on me for the ''team wins'' for the foreseeable future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone know if i can recover my gamer tag and live account on another xbox? Mine died on me the other day so gonna try get online again tonight on another xbox

yeah you can under the recover gamertag option. You just wont have any save info unless you just swap hard drives

Anyone know if i can recover my gamer tag and live account on another xbox? Mine died on me the other day so gonna try get online again tonight on another xbox

did you send the harddrive back with the xbox?
    if not just bring it along and put it into the other xbox. i do it the whole time when the tv in the sitting room isnt been used and put the hdd into cycos xbox

• Advertisement

When this happens I usually end up cursing/blaming the other clan members who aren't online or play a game of SDM to get rid of the frustration. Doesn't always work though if we have tank campers (like for example Failsafe the other night) it gets worse.

the other night was funny in SDM, the other 2 guys on the other team must have taught they were great getting 30 + kills when really it was just the fact we'd run at them with a knife and all our running around like headless chickens was easy to pick them off :D
    magician was feeling the force of my blunt knife too ;)
    got jmacm few times too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement