Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

Used to play with ye but went to ps3 , am back now

So are ye still playing ( not Vietnam it's ****e )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    Used to play with ye but went to ps3 , am back now

So are ye still playing ( not Vietnam it's ****e )

what yer gamertag again

we now play both cod and battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

dunworth1 wrote: »
    what yer gamertag again

we now play both cod and battlefield

xII TRiiCkz IIx ( will confirm later )

black ops is disgustingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    xII TRiiCkz IIx ( will confirm later )

black ops is disgustingly bad

Well, look who just walked in!?! Three months and not even a text to say hi. What's wrong, you're little "Ho" of a PS3 go run off with a younger gamer? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just picked up Vietnam today after having not played this since I got the original 1000GS a month or two after release and I forgot how fun it can be online. Don't know if it's just Vietnam but there seems to be less M95 and M60 whoring as well. GT: Adamcp898

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just picked up Vietnam today after having not played this since I got the original 1000GS a month or two after release and I forgot how fun it can be online. Don't know if it's just Vietnam but there seems to be less M95 and M60 whoring as well. GT: Adamcp898

ah well if you stuck at it longer you'd see that patches came out which weakened the m95 on par with the m24 almost with less bullet drop and the m60 is on level par with all the other lmg's if not less effective. its rare people use it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

garv123 wrote: »
    ah well if you stuck at it longer you'd see that patches came out which weakened the m95 on par with the m24 almost with less bullet drop and the m60 is on level par with all the other lmg's if not less effective. its rare people use it now
    actually they repatched it and made it stronger again

actually they repatched it and made it stronger again

even if so its pointless when the m24 is so much better and 1shot1kill

not if body armour is on

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

I think the chap was looking for people to play with.

• Advertisement

I think the chap was looking for people to play with.

keep out of this you :p

sorry bit distracted pissing myself laughing at transfers atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

played with the biggest bunch of mongos EVER last night. they c4'd every vehicle in our base and kept team killing. dont know why it took them so long to get kicked

bubbleking wrote: »
    played with the biggest bunch of mongos EVER last night. they c4'd every vehicle in our base and kept team killing. dont know why it took them so long to get kicked

yeah they were f*cking tools. waiting in the base, 4 of them all with c4 on the choppers and tanks waiting for someone to use them. one of them had DUB clan tags. Ar$eholes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Does this game always "forget" your online stats now? I have to sign in and out until it remembers I've actually played the game before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

There seems to be alot of muppets on this game at the moment! Last few days gaming i've been constantly on ****e teams with lads off doing their own thing or just sitting having the craic in the base!

Im also fed up with guys not going to arm/disarm the bomb sites in rush, they should just play squad dm if all they wana do is get kills!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    There seems to be alot of muppets on this game at the moment! Last few days gaming i've been constantly on ****e teams with lads off doing their own thing or just sitting having the craic in the base!

Im also fed up with guys not going to arm/disarm the bomb sites in rush, they should just play squad dm if all they wana do is get kills!

there is too many. lately when im playing im playing for the objective and k/d

not a high k/d but just not to die so much, so im not legging it out in the open as much.
    attacking i go for the bases and dont bother with sniping or sitting back.
    when defending, i dont use choppers because we will always lose the base because if randomers are on when im in the chopper the charge wont be disarmed normally.
    i stick close to the most suitable base to defend and wait for people to come in. when the lads are on i might only get 6 kills but they were all kills that stopped someone from arming a charge.
    when randomers are on i might get 30+ kills. which is because all the rest of the team are down in the enemy spawn and noone defending the charge, or they're sniping and have no intentions of disarming the charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its fairly bad lately, havent played since saturday because of all the spastics that were on over the weekend. The game is feeling like modern warfare 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

It makes you wonder if people even understand the point of the game. I was playing Vietnam yesterday (all vanilla games were matching 2vs 3, etc) and out of there 10 people on my team i'd say two of us were going after the objectives. It just became utterly pointless.

The weird thing is these guys aren't noobs, I didn't notice anyone with a very low ranking...

At one point on Hill 137 there were at least 4 snipers sitting beside each other in one spot (on the attacking side) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I think you will find I always said BF is full of idiots and Call of Duty is played only by sporting fellows who relish a good competition regardless of the outcome.:D

(Please ignore all posts of mine which seem to contradict the above.:rolleyes:)

It is gone bad though. The servers,the matchmaking,the amount and standard of players. We had it too good for too long and now its becoming just another online shooter. People have gathered all their unlocks and XP and now have no goals left. (Not me! I'm still only level 36!) This is one area where CoD keeps people with its challenges,contracts,prestige etc. There is always something to unlock so people work towards it. Vietnam,while pretty good,was not enough to inject life into the game. I actually found the downgrading of weapons etc a bit of a pain.
    Saying that,a full game of IRL members is still the best online shooting experience out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

cycocycle wrote: »
    It is gone bad though. The servers,the matchmaking,the amount and standard of players. We had it too good for too long and now its becoming just another online shooter. People have gathered all their unlocks and XP and now have no goals left. (Not me! I'm still only level 36!) This is one area where CoD keeps people with its challenges,contracts,prestige etc. There is always something to unlock so people work towards it. Vietnam,while pretty good,was not enough to inject life into the game. I actually found the downgrading of weapons etc a bit of a pain.
    Saying that,a full game of IRL members is still the best online shooting experience out there.
    Completely agree here...Just no motivation to play it unless it's clan matches.
    Can't believe they have so few weapons on Vietnam too.

Completely agree here...Just no motivation to play it unless it's clan matches.
    Can't believe they have so few weapons on Vietnam too.
    I cant ****in believe grenades blow up tanks and guns take down heli's with one clip!

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Does this game always "forget" your online stats now? I have to sign in and out until it remembers I've actually played the game before

Doesn't happen all the time, but it still does happen. It was fairly common right after the vietnam maps were released.

A developer from DICE made the following post recently about the technical issues they have**

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1387445-stats-system-performance-perspective.html#post18978438

**do not open this link unless you have an unhealthy interest in databases / system development :)

jmacm wrote: »
    Doesn't happen all the time, but it still does happen. It was fairly common right after the vietnam maps were released.

A developer from DICE made the following post recently about the technical issues they have**

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1387445-stats-system-performance-perspective.html#post18978438

**do not open this link unless you have an unhealthy interest in databases / system development :)

What follows is a description of how the stats backend functions for BFBC2, what happens during high load, and what we are doing to resolve it. Consider it a peek 'under the hood' of BFBC2.

System overview

When playing online, all game clients and game servers are permanently connected to the game's backend servers.

There is a separate backend for each of the PC/PS3/360 versions of BFBC2.

and i gave up.

garv123 wrote: »
    and i gave up.

Quitter!! :D

OK, it's not the most interesting read..

IM A RAGE Quitter!! :D

OK, it's not the most interesting read..

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I'll decode it for you Garv.
    Tech guy says
    We got your money from buying Vietnam and Don't care now.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got a couple decent games today actually! :)

Thats the other main thing that pisses me off, at times I seem to be the only one on a team actually going for the objectives! Lads just sit there not too far away from an mcom thats gonna explode and they just leave it!

Its an unreal game when your playing with a decent squad but fairly **** when theirs idiots on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Finally after moving house and finishing black ops miju will be returning back online in next few days if anyone fancies trying to take Lvl 50 tags off him :D(it's fun to refer to yourself in the 3rd person)

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    Finally after moving house and finishing black ops miju will be returning back online in next few days if anyone fancies trying to take Lvl 50 tags off him :D(it's fun to refer to yourself in the 3rd person)

i could have taken them but i chose to shoot you :D
    just like that time i killed you off the UAV with the defib. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement