Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Gotta agree, Rush has gone to pot of late. We either hammer the other team because the entire other team is sniping (badly) or they haven't bothered defending AT ALL. It's even worse if you join a team like that because you're the only one guarding the points.

It's getting kinda boring... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Had some decent games earlier. All full games with good squads.
    Anyone on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Had some decent games earlier. All full games with good squads.
    Anyone on tonight?

yup id say so.

garv123 wrote: »
    yup id say so.
    Housemates are playing now, their on normal mode. Ill try get on for a few games with ya later

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Housemates are playing now, their on normal mode. Ill try get on for a few games with ya later
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRriwXxGOlD1vkQnGCYqxJoryhCrBpmM4JP8U43_2JRdxHoctfVMw

In other news we are 100 odd views away from being the most viewed thread in the xbox forum

• Advertisement

In other news we are 100 odd views away from being the most viewed thread in the xbox forum

myself and gary had some good games in SQ on harvest day just there. Raping camping snipers. got more kills than all the other teams doing it. all the 8 on the other teams were basically camping so lightweight and noob tubing recked their fun.

servers then completly died so i gave up and came off

My xbox is fooked so have to use someone else's. Thats a fair excuse :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I hope for a few games tonight. Havent played in a few months so I might need some practice.

Gamertag is Globosapien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Battlefield 3 announced for 3rd quarter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

are any of you coming on soon? I want to get a game in before blops double xp starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

Battlefield 3 announced for 3rd quarter :D

The 'teaser trailer' on battlefieldbadcompany2.com gives nothing away at all, you'd wonder why they bother!

Hopefully a beta will appear during the summer :)

jmacm wrote: »
    The 'teaser trailer' on battlefieldbadcompany2.com gives nothing away at all, you'd wonder why they bother!

Hopefully a beta will appear during the summer :)
    The hint is in the name teaser trailer......

The hint is in the name teaser trailer......

shouldn't this be in the bf3 thread?

al28283 wrote: »
    shouldn't this be in the bf3 thread?
    In a word. No.

well, does anyone want to play bad company 2?

Hasnt been many from here playing lately

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Hasnt been many from here playing lately

With a new map pack and now a double xp weekend Black Ops is keeping everyone away. It really is a pity that Vietnam turned out to be so underwhelming. The new maps on ordinary BFBC2 were interesting but without people to play against or with it got really boring. Im not on xbox this weekend but during the week we might try to get a few together for some games.
    I remember when you would struggle to get a game with people fromBoards due to the games always being full! Now I find myself running around the huge maps looking for the 4 snipers on the other team!!:eek:
    BF3 can,t come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

cycocycle wrote: »
    With a new map pack and now a double xp weekend Black Ops is keeping everyone away. It really is a pity that Vietnam turned out to be so underwhelming. The new maps on ordinary BFBC2 were interesting but without people to play against or with it got really boring. Im not on xbox this weekend but during the week we might try to get a few together for some games.
    I remember when you would struggle to get a game with people fromBoards due to the games always being full! Now I find myself running around the huge maps looking for the 4 snipers on the other team!!:eek:
    BF3 can,t come soon enough.

I would be up for a few games of battlefield during the week, and I agree about BF3, it cant come soon enough.

Getting a bit boring lately. rush games just seem like squad deatmatches.
    Most of the games are fairly full though but its still full of retards. My team killing is gone rampant the last few days

Getting a bit boring lately. rush games just seem like squad deatmatches.
    Most of the games are fairly full though but its still full of retards. My team killing is gone rampant the last few days
    Birds of a feather ;)
    You sound more and more like Garv each passing day :eek:

• Advertisement

Birds of a feather ;)

and your voice is getting more high pitched as the last of your testosterone leaves your body and estrogen takes over each day passing:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Birds of a feather ;)
    We are both from Waterford, a superior county. Are you still in America getting your testicles tucked? You need to get on for a few games of vietnam

We are both from Waterford, a superior county. Are you still in America getting your testicles tucked? You need to get on for a few games of vietnam
    Waterford: One big happy family :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

How do i dtart a new thread??

go to the forum you want it to be in and ontop of the page it says new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Battlefield 3 details :D
    The latest issue of Game Informer carries a lot of dope on the upcoming Battlefield game and much of the euphoria is spilling all over the Internet. The next game in the franchise after Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will continue the series' trademark large scale skirmishes involving fighter jets and heavy armor this time around. The destructible environments will be souped up even further with a scenario involving an earthquake that causes entire buildings to collapse. The game will also feature enormous maps suitable for vehicular combat.

However, don't expect any photo goodness coming your way, due to the tough and justifiable line imposed by Game informer on illegal scans surfacing on the internet. In the mean time, you will have make do with the specifications listed down at NeoGAF.

* Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
    * Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
    * Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely rewritten
    * Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
    * Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
    * Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
    * AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
    * No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
    * Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
    * Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
    * Plan on better, more immediate post release content
    * More unlocks than BFBC2
    * Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
    * 4 classes
    * Will talk about squads "later"
    * Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
    * Will have coop
    * There will be a killcam but it can be turned off
    * BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
    * They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
    * Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah Iraqi Kurdistan.
    * "F**k" will be used often, so M rated for sure
    * There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
    * Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
    * More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
    * PC version is lead version
    * Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
    * No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
    * Original story, not based on Bad Company at all.

That sounds fairly unreal.
    Ill probably get this on the pc, just going to be so much better with bigger teams

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Waterford: One big happy family :P

Just like Galway/Mayo but without the Banjo music!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

now now cyco ive being in you house remember i seen the gimp mask in the press and garv but you **** tissues in the bin for god sake.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP54F8qr2EI6WQZhf3MdC-GjjjIA4mJJZiAzXmgJHcFHlva9WN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement