Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Battlefield 3?

I'm in the process of custom building a gaming PC. Should have it finished within a month or so. Throw me a beta key if you have on spare

No Battlefield Free2play.
    It's basically Battlefield 2 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

you boys still playing?
    I'd like to play properly with some peeps,though I'm relatively new.
    GT= cdon79

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

some still online yea, i'm usually on but for some reason i'm busy every night this week... ...wait no, not tomorrow... ill be on tomorrow... probably..

GT: korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

OOOPS Double post... Ill replace it with this....

Consenting-Porpoise_english.jpg

nice one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'd love to take one off your hands but I'm on a bloody mac :mad:

Edit: Didn't see it was for BF2, Is it browser based?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I'd love to take one off your hands but I'm on a bloody mac :mad:

Edit: Didn't see it was for BF2, Is it browser based?

It's not Browser based but I'll check after work and see if it's available for MAC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You still playing bc2 lads? Would love to join and play with some fellow boardsies.

As my friends are rotting in black ops 24/7..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You still playing bc2 lads? Would love to join and play with some fellow boardsies.

As my friends are rotting in black ops 24/7..

il be on tonight at 11. add me. Garv 123 and and TheMooseInNam he'l be on too

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

garv123 wrote: »
    il be on tonight at 11. add me. Garv 123 and and TheMooseInNam he'l be on too

Yeah, we played some. I just finished. damn, my microphone is dead I guess...

• Advertisement

tamlinek wrote: »
    Yeah, we played some. I just finished. damn, my microphone is dead I guess...

id to get off, connection was terrible.
    internet up here is faster than the one at home but is too laggy to go on XBL:mad::(

ended up with myself capassso moose and tamlinek on one team and 3 other randomers on the other.
    good to see matchmaking is fixed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was not able to play last night lads. I was in bed :(. Waking up at 5:00 is a bitch!

I will try to come over this afternoon or evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    id to get off, connection was terrible.
    internet up here is faster than the one at home but is too laggy to go on XBL:mad::(

ended up with myself capassso moose and tamlinek on one team and 3 other randomers on the other.
    good to see matchmaking is fixed:(

That was a bummer that the server never filled up! Had fun flying the chopper though.

After you left, it was just the three of us defending Laguna Presa. Match went on for ages!!! We lost it eventually but the scrap at the two second last crates was one of the bloodiest I've been in. Especially trying to defend the A crate.

Tam and I were seriously under pressure trying to hold them back and constantly disarm the crate! I think they had four or five at that stage, not sure. Capasso turned up every now and again to help out too :D Tam and I came away with over 4000 points each... we were busy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

hi all been playing this for a while now,still sh##e at it,best kills so far 16 lol.

tag is jambodavo

is it worth buying the Vietnam maps as it getting a bit boring on the old maps?

Hey lads,
    Questions:

How do you get a group of more than 4 players together in the same server?

What is the most powerful (damage wise) rocket launcher?

Is it worth getting Battlefield Vietnam?

How do you get rid of a tracer dart if your vehicle is hit by one?

As you can tell I'm pretty new to this :D
    It's a great game though

toitle wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Questions:

you cant get more than four together in a squad. what you can do is join a game and invite the few in afterwards if theres room

rpg is good. but slow.
    gustav is pretty good too. faster to hit the target so easier for choppers.

its not too bad. bit of a change from the normal maps

smoke upgrade on them or drive the chopper in a very aggressive fashion
    It's a great game though

just a few bits abovr

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Been ages since I've played with all you guys, I'll be on from now until 3am most likely. This is Bmx FGT in case anyone is wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

My internet went down yesterday so i couldn't get on, good old upc.
    Ill be on tonight anyway for a while

toitle wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Questions:

It's a great game though

1. Once your squad is full, invite whoever else you want to the server once there's room on your team, they can then form another squad. Then form a XBL party of eight from the two squads. You'll all have to have OPEN NAT otherwise it'll be a nightmare. Check the sticky at the top of the forum.

2. Here's a link to all the weapon stats: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

3. Vietnam is an excellent stand alone game to complement BC2. It's more CQB based than BC2. Certainly worth the points. Master BC2 first though, as you won't have scopes and modern tech in Nam. Learn how to use the M416 with magnum and lightweight pack (no scope), then you'll find Nam a breeze!

4. If you're going to fly a chopper or tank, make sure to be an Engineer yourself or have a squad mate as one with you for repairs. Pretty sure this also removes the tags. Not 100% sure, as your life expectancy is measured in seconds as soon as you're tagged.

Thanks lads,good stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just bought BF2, already have Royal Irish on my friends list, I'll add a few more and try join in a few games. Been told its completely different to COD so might take some getting used to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

IPAM wrote: »
    Just bought BF2, already have Royal Irish on my friends list, I'll add a few more and try join in a few games. Been told its completely different to COD so might take some getting used to :pac:

It is very different. Much more tactical which leads to some truly epic battles. The only problem is that the servers are full of C.O.D. type players at the moment. People who are just out for their k/d ratios and have no interest in playing the game purposefully. I fear you may not get the proper experience presently.

Sure will. Just remember it's not a lone wolf game, work with your squad, support them and focus on the Mcomm stations, not your K/D ratio.

It is very different. Much more tactical which leads to some truly epic battles. The only problem is that the servers are full of C.O.D. type players at the moment. People who are just out for their k/d ratios and have no interest in playing the game purposefully. I fear you may not get the proper experience presently.
    Sure will. Just remember it's not a lone wolf game, work with your squad, support them and focus on the Mcomm stations, not your K/D ratio.

Hive mind!

Aye, more of a W/L than K/D player myself, will have to try get the run 'n gun idea outta my head :p

Aye, more of a W/L than K/D player myself, will have to try get the run 'n gun idea outta my head :p

Definitely! I initially tried to play this way and was ripped apart. Move in cover, from building to building etc. You'll get the hang of it but the muppets on your squad and team will really frustrate you, this I promise.

Definitely! I initially tried to play this way and was ripped apart. Move in cover, from building to building etc. You'll get the hang of it but the muppets on your squad and team will really frustrate you, this I promise.

Thats why I'm here :pac: I hardly ever play COD without a full party. So much easier when the whole team communicates and no pub style randomer runnin around like a headless chicken :D

How many to a team in BF and is it easy to setup/join parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

4 to a squad 12 to a team.

Easy as balls to join and set up

Thats why I'm here :pac: I hardly ever play COD without a full party. So much easier when the whole team communicates and no pub style randomer runnin around like a headless chicken :D

How many to a team in BF and is it easy to setup/join parties?

It's 12 versus 12 and each team is broken down to 3 squads of 4 (for Rush and Conquest which are the best game types). If you join a game on your own you get the option to join a squad. As this is a squad based game, not joining is pointless. What makes playing alone really redundant is the fact that your squad mates also act as spawn points which is a great mechanic. Unfortunately if you are joining a random squad alone be prepared for silence and a total lack of teamwork.

If you intend to join with a group of friends, that option is there. You create your own squad that you make private or public (meaning a randomer can join). It's best to keep it public for the extra spawn point.

The IRL clan was set up for the precise reason you are posting here, teamwork and how we played was to set up 2 squads of 4 and join a private party. This meant that 8 of us were in constant communication. Unfortunately the clan is fragmented at the moment due to the poisonous Black Ops. but a few of us still play infrequently.

• Advertisement

Squad death match is good too. 4 v 4 v 4 v 4.
    handy game mode if your on with randomers.

oh and play hardcore too. way better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement