Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

garv123 wrote: »
    Squad death match is good too. 4 v 4 v 4 v 4.
    handy game mode if your on with randomers.

oh and play hardcore too. way better.

Dunno bout hardcore :o I joined one of Royal Irishs HCTF the other night, I was on the opposing team, spawn raped is the way I'd describe it.

"Enemy SR-71 is in the air"
    "Enemy hind is in the air"

Id usually manage to get a few kills in but think I went 2-20/25, cant even remember if I stuck it till the end, trying to block it from my memory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

IPAM wrote: »
    Dunno bout hardcore :o I joined one of Royal Irishs HCTF the other night, I was on the opposing team, spawn raped is the way I'd describe it.

"Enemy SR-71 is in the air"
    "Enemy hind is in the air"

Id usually manage to get a few kills in but think I went 2-20/25, cant even remember if I stuck it till the end, trying to block it from my memory :D

You have to play hardcore! It's the only way to play. No radar and no kilcams. Don't be cheap. If you play and get used to hardcore, you'll never play softcore again.

It gets better.

Once you get used to hardcore, you'll realise how unbalanced (soft)core is.

Ah sure I'll give it a go so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Definitely! I initially tried to play this way and was ripped apart. Move in cover, from building to building etc. You'll get the hang of it but the muppets on your squad and team will really frustrate you, this I promise.

That's why I play squad deathmatch with 1-3 irl friends.

We got pure tactical approach miust of the time. If I go medic anther can go anther classes. If I go emginier, then one of. The lads goes medic. Always got 1 assault rifelman for ammo too.

I love that game time, because the game depends from less people aka only from your 4 mam squad. Less people in your team, less room for people to feck up. Plus I hate to get in to games where you get 11 team mates and all of them are sniping on the hill...

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Squad death match is good too. 4 v 4 v 4 v 4.
    handy game mode if your on with randomers.

oh and play hardcore too. way better.

From my own experience I can say only recon players ;) . I like normal mode more, as you cam mark up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm going on now shortly, Anyone online at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

From my own experience I can say only recon players ;) . I like normal mode more, as you cam mark up etc.

when you kill someone it gives away your position= stupid
    when you cant flank around the enemy without a orange tag over your head = stupid
    an entire clip is used to kill someone if you don't get a head shot = stupid

soft core = stupid
    JayEnnis wrote: »
    I'm going on now shortly, Anyone online at the moment?

i was just on there had a good few games with gary guitar, izambard, canto28.
    if you heading on if they're not in your friends add them

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

are you still talking about BFBC2?
    It's simple to kill peeps in normal mode no?:confused:
    Just dont get spotted?

toitle wrote: »
    are you still talking about BFBC2?
    It's simple to kill peeps in normal mode no?:confused:
    Just dont get spotted?

hardcore give you half the health which is way better.
    also means you gotta be sneakier cause you can get killed from distance.
    and on the UAV you can randomly hit the spot button and spit half the other team. same as hitting it randomly when sniping.

• Advertisement

Ah ok,I havent tried the hardcore yet.
    I find with the UAV half the time the guys I'm looking at dont "get" spotted,which wrecks my head because that's kind of the point of it

toitle wrote: »
    Ah ok,I havent tried the hardcore yet.
    I find with the UAV half the time the guys I'm looking at dont "get" spotted,which wrecks my head because that's kind of the point of it

we all moved to hardcore after the first few weeks and anyone who joined and stuck it out enjoyed it way more and never went back to normal mode.
    its much better.

Interesting...I must check it out,nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I couldnt play normal mode after playing hardcore. I hate going around knowing there could be a glowing dot over my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Same here, had the game since release and only started playing hardcore arond last christmas.

No way could I ever go back to normal mode. Hardcore makes it alot more tense, especially in team deathmatcch when you're looking around everywhere for targets, especially in Harvest day and Arica harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

how do i find the irl clan please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

jambofc wrote: »
    how do i find the irl clan please?

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can play with the IRL Team :D

As a clan (albeit, it's more like a community now of 50-ish members), we're always open to new members. We have our own private website for members, although we all use Boards too.

If there's any info you would like, I'd be happy to oblige.

As a clan (albeit, it's more like a community now of 50-ish members), we're always open to new members. We have our own private website for members, although we all use Boards too.

If there's any info you would like, I'd be happy to oblige.

be great if you could invite me into the clan,tag is jambodavo.....
    played hardcore this morn and im hooked,way better and more realistic.....

jambofc wrote: »
    be great if you could invite me into the clan,tag is jambodavo.....
    played hardcore this morn and im hooked,way better and more realistic.....

Cool, glad you liked hardcore.

We have a fairly open door policy when it comes to membership. All we require is that you're a like-minded gamer (mature, good craic, not a hacker or booster). We generally put fun above all else, although we do knuckle down when meeting other clans for challenges. You'll need to be able to take and give a slagging though.

The vast majority of the time it's just nice to have a regular, decent bunch of guys to game with. Our website is proving a success too and provides us with the ability to discuss a broad range of topics without the fear of trolls and idiots interrupting.

The process for joining is fairly simple. You add some of us to your friends list and post here when you're going to be online playing BFBC2. After playing with a few members for a while and they feel you're a similar minded gamer and would fit into the community, they'll eventually officially invite you into the clan. Whereby you can register at our private website, get granted full access by administration.

You'll see a list of BFBC2 players on my signature, add some of those. Off the top of my head, here's the ones still regularly playing BFBC2:
    cycoclye, izambard, naughtokev, gary guitar, garv123, dunworth1, canto28, royal 1rish and me... as soon as I finish my second playthrough of Dragon Age 2... about 5 hours left or so. Check the spellings of the GT's in my sig.

Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield... you better not be a wookie, sat in a tree, 1000m from the action when we're attacking or you will get team killed for not being a squad player (you reading this RAZE???:D)... aggression is key ;)

• Advertisement

Turns out my order wasnt placed for BF2 online so gonna buy it over the weekend in bricks n mortor shop, will add a few of ye when I get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

We have a fairly open door policy when it comes to membership. All we require is that you're a like-minded gamer (mature, good craic, not a hacker or booster). We generally put fun above all else, although we do knuckle down when meeting other clans for challenges. You'll need to be able to take and give a slagging though.

The vast majority of the time it's just nice to have a regular, decent bunch of guys to game with. Our website is proving a success too and provides us with the ability to discuss a broad range of topics without the fear of trolls and idiots interrupting.

The process for joining is fairly simple. You add some of us to your friends list and post here when you're going to be online playing BFBC2. After playing with a few members for a while and they feel you're a similar minded gamer and would fit into the community, they'll eventually officially invite you into the clan. Whereby you can register at our private website, get granted full access by administration.

You'll see a list of BFBC2 players on my signature, add some of those. Off the top of my head, here's the ones still regularly playing BFBC2:
    cycoclye, izambard, naughtokev, gary guitar, garv123, dunworth1, canto28, royal 1rish and me... as soon as I finish my second playthrough of Dragon Age 2... about 5 hours left or so. Check the spellings of the GT's in my sig.

Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield... you better not be a wookie, sat in a tree, 1000m from the action when we're attacking or you will get team killed for not being a squad player (you reading this RAZE???:D)... aggression is key ;)
    While I may not be an up close sniper like mark or a run and gun sniper with that vss such as you moose ya can hardly say i'm not a squad player!! Always cover the mcoms from being disarmed and tell ye where people are and nobody willingly sacrifices a squad member for the good of the team quite like I do as mark found out withing his first two days of joining up.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

...and nobody willingly sacrifices a squad member for the good of the team quite like I do as mark found out withing his first two days of joining up.
    I still have nightmares about the tree incident!

I still have nightmares about the tree incident!
    You were warned not to fire the bloody rockets!! Twice!!

sound out,will log on soon and ask a few members to be my friend :D
    quick one,am i the only person on this planet that hates black ops :confused:

Nope, Had it about 2 weeks before I traded it in. First one of us all to prestiege i think(it was me or mark)

I want live back :(

Well I went for hc squad deathmatch... It was horrible! 90% sniper hiding and the rest hidding in attics... Campville. I don't want it to be cod like, as that's why I love bc2, but come on...

I'll play again, but so far me and the lads play normal squad deathmatch...

Depends on the maps tbh. Try the snow map where you parachute in in rush mode forrest all over the shop( forget the name of it)

I like hc mode, but it's really not perfect as someone tried to tell me that here. As I predicted: all snipers, and the one who are not snipers are sitting in bushes or attics. Really annoying.

Recon bastirds love it. As they cam camp in one spot for entire game and no one will ever see where they are. Specially if they know sneaky ways around zone limits...

It's awesome when you shoot and target dies not feel like a sponge, but recon campers just ruin all the fun...

Hc is good, but not ultimate, atleast not in squad deathmatch.

Can't say much about conquest yet.

• Advertisement

I like hc mode, but it's really not perfect as someone tried to tell me that here. As I predicted: all snipers, and the one who are not snipers are sitting in bushes or attics. Really annoying.

Recon bastirds love it. As they cam camp in one spot for entire game and no one will ever see where they are. Specially if they know sneaky ways around zone limits...

It's awesome when you shoot and target dies not feel like a sponge, but recon campers just ruin all the fun...

Hc is good, but not ultimate, atleast not in squad deathmatch.

Can't say much about conquest yet.

This is where having a organised squad comes into it's own! Today, for example, four of us squaded up and changed the entire way the match we joined was being played.

Recons aren't effective against an aggressive squad who's working together. You can advance far faster than they can reload, using cover and working together, you'll have their crate armed before they even get a chance to set up their camp fires ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement