Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I never understood how people can't fly the choppers, I'm not the best pilot but I can keep the thing in the air for my gunners to do some work

(Yes I'm excluding all the times I bail for sniping spots)
    I'll put it very bluntly.

Push forward, nose goes in the air
    Push backwards, nose goes in the air

I only last a few seconds, because whatever way I push the stick and the tail goes forward, I then go "Oh, must be inverted" and push the other direction, which still makes me crash

LOLWUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its really easy to fly and avoid rockets, The vads are the only bother to choppers.
    The easiest thing to do is hold the left stick at 3-4 o clock and the right stick at 8-9 o clock then vary the right stick movement depending on height and speed or if you need to get a better position.

Iv been using side strafing aswell which is pretty good, get a good height and tap lt and rt to dip the chopper to dodge tracers and rockets then just move left and right. Pull back on the right stick sometimes to give the gunner a good view of everything

Healium wrote: »
    I'll put it very bluntly.

Push forward, nose goes in the air
    Push backwards, nose goes in the air

I only last a few seconds, because whatever way I push the stick and the tail goes forward, I then go "Oh, must be inverted" and push the other direction, which still makes me crash

LOLWUT
    Imagine the chopper as a really sensitive uav, just hold rt to get to a good height then practice moving forward and side to side without using rt and lt.
    Only use rt when your about to crash and need to pull up.
    When you get good at movement then you can try side strafing around a base using rt and lt to dip and change speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Got on earlier playing with randoms topped scoring for first time with I think 2,300 or something like that attacking I was delighted I was raping McOm stations then getting out ASAP picking a good spot then opening on defenders! I think I need to push on as it suits me better when I'm too careful I'm getting taken down too much :(

Will be on later prob 11 or so!

At level 9 after three great rounds earlier can't wait to get back online tonight.

Thanks to all regulars watching how you guys move and work together is a great learning curve, I appreciate any advice too!!!

There was as you called a tank whore on other team and for 1 round I followed him and kept taking him out when he was repairing the tank he kept messaging me saying F OFF paddy and eat some potatoes you peasant!!

I was not impressed but lol I was delighted I riled him as he was level 37 I think and didn't take too kindly to the attention I was giving him lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cableguys level 50 and he's recently learned how to take off without turning the chopper upside down and killing all in it with him
    m1ju the master of the uav and chopper pilot still manages to do it and kill 4 of us

garv123 wrote: »
    m1ju the master of the uav and chopper pilot still manages to do it and kill 4 of us
    Theres still nothing funnier than bailing on a chopper and seeing 4 suicides on the top left of the screen

Theres still nothing funnier than bailing on a chopper and seeing 4 suicides on the top left of the screen

ive done it so many times :D just watching them float into the ground as you hear the gunner still shooting

Getting into the tree in Valparaiso and just seeing the chopper drop slowly :D
    The best thing is usually no one knows who killed them or why they are dead

Getting into the tree in Valparaiso and just seeing the chopper drop slowly :D
    The best thing is usually no one knows who killed them or why they are dead
    is that why guys bail from choppers? lol u feckers. good idea though:o

• Advertisement

is that why guys bail from choppers? lol u feckers. good idea though:o
    Never get into the 1st chopper, its usually used for bailing.
    I like to c4 it and leave it in the enemy base, see them scurrying like rats for it then blow them up in mid air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I take great pleasure in sniping the chopper pilots and watching the chopper gradually fall out of the air with all the hapless passengers heading towards their deaths, blissfully ignorant of their fate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

So just to summarize.

Never get into a chopper you don't fly yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

was on from 6 till 10 last night no one except me and banana on........

jambofc wrote: »

I was on from 4 to 530 then 1020 to 130 lol

jambofc wrote: »

you must of had fun so :D

Think I just had my first epic moment.

Playing Conquest on Phu Bai Valley, and I had my jeep rigged with dynamite, as standard. I see two guys hop into another jeep, and start driving downhill towards me. I bail, blow the dynamite, and get a double kill. A second later, two guys drive past in this tiny little van thing. I throw a grenade in front, and they slowly crawl towards their doom. BOOM, another double kill :D

Healium wrote: »
    Think I just had my first epic moment.

Playing Conquest on Phu Bai Valley, and I had my jeep rigged with dynamite, as standard. I see two guys hop into another jeep, and start driving downhill towards me. I bail, blow the dynamite, and get a double kill. A second later, two guys drive past in this tiny little van thing. I throw a grenade in front, and they slowly crawl towards their doom. BOOM, another double kill :D
    Ha i love doing that to tanks.

Or another cool thing, when people are trying to run you over, whip out a gustav, blow them up, stand there action blockbuster style as the vehicle flips over you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ha i love doing that to tanks.

Or another cool thing, when people are trying to run you over, whip out a gustav, blow them up, stand there action blockbuster style as the vehicle flips over you

Garv Hates when I do that to him,and then theres my grenades..

Garv Hates when I do that to him,and then theres my grenades..

playing arica harbour the other night. a rpg zooms past me barely missing my quad. i bail by the back of their base under the "sniping noob hill" and run around the back. i hear cableguy in the party saying a quad went into the back of the base so i new he would be throwing a grenade in my direction. i run along past the green cabins and decide to go into one as i got to the door on the way in i see a grenade bouncing off all the buildings in straight in the window and lands at my feet.

cue cableguy roaring laughing. ****ing flukiest random grenade throws ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

you must of had fun so :D

strangely placid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

cue cableguy roaring laughing. ****ing flukiest random grenade throws ever.

Yeah over 1500 fluky grenade kills.:D

A good thing to do with AT mines on maps like atacama or laguna presa in the water when they always go in fast with vehicles is put down 2 at mines and stand a few feet back directly in front of them, driver thinks hes going to get a road kill and doesn't concentrate at all on the At mines.
    Works a charm although sometimes i get hit with the flying vehicle but it only counts as suicide, well worth the epic kill

Just took out 2 tanks and 5 enemies with a single C4 suicide quad...

...and survived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

do the IRL clan play left for dead 2 online?

nobody I know of anyway

da gamer wrote: »
    do the IRL clan play left for dead 2 online?
    I actually traded mine in recentely, not many playing it

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fergalharrison

anyone seen my tags lately....... you wouldn't know anything bout them would you garv :o

• Advertisement

anyone seen my tags lately....... you wouldn't know anything bout them would you garv :o
    I heard he melted all his dog tags down and made a life like statue of himself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement