Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Had some good games yesterday. I got a parachute kill on one map. It actually said Parachute kill and got some bonus point. Never noticed that before.
    Also getting better at tracing enemy snipers.

Parachute kill also works if you bail on a chopper and it lands on enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

lack of clan members playing these days.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

jambofc wrote: »
    lack of clan members playing these days.......

This thread has definitely quietened down but mainly due to the fact that all the retrobates are posting over on www.irlclan.net ;)

You have signed up there, haven't you?

I've been takling a break from gaming for the last month or two, mostly in prepatation for the upcoming BF3 but I'm seriously miss playing BF:BC2... let me know the next time you plan on having a game and I'll do my best to join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

I'm hoping to get back into a bit of BFBC2 now soon. Gamertag is CoolCookie21. I used to mostly play it on PS3, so I've still got some levelling up to do on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just got this at the weekend and started playing online, enjoying it so far, but find I'm generally stuck playing as Engineer, as there are too many vehicles and its only way to destroy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Just signed up there..in the vein hope that you guys arent all "Timmies" (screamin kids) :D - hope to get some games in soon.

bastados wrote: »
    Just signed up there..in the vein hope that you guys arent all "Timmies" (screamin kids) :D - hope to get some games in soon.

About time you signed up, you've been on my friends list for ages!!! When you sign up, use your GT, it just makes it much easier for everyone to keep track of who you are!

Gonna post up some info on the joining process next.

Con_R wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get back into a bit of BFBC2 now soon. Gamertag is CoolCookie21. I used to mostly play it on PS3, so I've still got some levelling up to do on 360.
    mcgovern wrote: »
    Just got this at the weekend and started playing online, enjoying it so far, but find I'm generally stuck playing as Engineer, as there are too many vehicles and its only way to destroy them.

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to explain a little bit about IRL Clan's background, the website, the forum and membership.

• IRL Clan originated from this thread nearly a year and a half ago. It became obvious towards the end of last year that the community had grown too large for this thread and the members decided to form their own private forum and website at www.irlclan.net
    • Due to originating here at Boards and the obvious overlap of memberships between Boards members and IRL Clan members there is a very strong tie between the two sites. Recently our members have been using the clan forum for posting and this thread less and less but all members still regularly check on here, so this is the best place for people to introduce themselves to the community and organise games with members, as the clan forum is for members only.
    • Although initially, we only played Battlefield Bad Company 2, as the community grew and expended, we now cover all types of games. Although, BF:BC2 and BlOps are the most played and a major revival of BF:BC2 has been observed recently. Most likely due to the upcoming release of Battlefield 3.
    • The community was formed by like minded, mature gamers and the reason for the membership process is to make sure that new members fit into the community and don't impact negatively on the experience had by everyone else.
    • The membership process is very simple, post on here that you're interested in playing a few games with us. It's then up to you to add the existing members GamerTags to your Friends List, this is very important, we do not add you, you add us. We learned the hard way with this and all ended up with Friends Lists full of people that never play! Then, if you enjoy yourself and the existing members feel that you're someone that they would like to have join the community, then you'll be formally asked to register at the website. Site Admin will be notified and your application will be approved.
    • Once you have been officially accepted into the clan website, then you have full access the the clan forums and can use the clan tag "IRL" whenever possible.
    • It's important to realise that the clan is more than just a gaming clan, it has developed into a full community, ranging in ages from late teens to near dead. We recently had a paintballing weekend away in Kerry and another trip is being organised for this September. We are in the process of commencing a Podcast, the website is under constant development and the community is going from strength to strength. Although I can't remember the exact membership count, you'll definitely be short of space on your friends list! ;)
    Any questions, please feel free to ask. It's also worth noting that with the upcoming release of Battlefield 3, there will be a huge increase in the amount of gamers wishing to join the community for the benefit of being in organised squads. We will be pushing out the membership approval process to two months or so at the release of B3. This will be to combat the huge amount of casual gamers that will play it for a month and probably never be seen again.

So, if you're interested in joining the community for the upcoming B3, then get involved now otherwise you'll likely miss the craic with all of us on launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

hi all,

I was thinkink of joining your clan juswt wondered are u guys all xbox? I play blops on ps3 so are any members ps3 users?

Thanks

cadete wrote: »
    hi all,

I was thinkink of joining your clan juswt wondered are u guys all xbox? I play blops on ps3 so are any members ps3 users?

Thanks

Hi cadete,

It's unlikely we will ever expand the community to incorporate only PS3 owners. Sure some of our members also have Playstations and gaming PCs but the community has been created around Xbox Live and 360 owners, so in order to get the most out of the community, you would need to own a 360 and have subscribed to XBL.

• Advertisement

thx for the quick reply mate, do any of you guys know any irish ps3 clans? Im not a bad player but not much craic gettin hammered in ctf or dom :)

thx for the quick reply mate, do any of you guys know any irish ps3 clans? Im not a bad player but not much craic gettin hammered in ctf or dom :)

Have you tried the PS3 forum here on Boards, I'm sure they must have some sort of community going there... although, no offence to you, they probably won't be the smartest bunch of guys since they didn't get 360's in the first place :p

I just couldn't resist :D

Have you considered coming over from the Dark Side and upgrading to a 360? ;)

lol i actually was thinkin about it alright hopin to get 1 and gonna change my bravia for a crt too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

lol i actually was thinkin about it alright hopin to get 1 and gonna change my bravia for a crt too ;)

I like this guy.

CRT eh? I'm interested, do tell?
    Jaafa wrote: »
    I like this guy.

I like him too... obviously a tech junkie like the rest of us :D

yeah microsoft tech recommended tv for the xbox i think ;)

yeah microsoft tech recommended tv for the xbox i think ;)

You don't need a CRT, your Bravia probably has HDMI, that'll give you an exceptionally good picture in 720p or 1080p on some games. Just pick up a console and keep the CRT cash. Change the Bravia (if a plasma) when you start suffering too much screen burn, dead pixels or it eventually gets too dull, otherwise there's little point.

Take that saved cash and buy yourself a decent set of surround sound headphones... you'll need them when playing against us in BC2 otherwise your dogtags will be handed around like a cheap wh... you get the idea ;)

Xbox recommends crt
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode_ray_tube
    check it out dude :) l8r :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I'll swap ya a crt for the bravia :D

I'll swap ya a crt for the bravia :D

lol sorry wouldn swap my bravia or my ps3 ;)

• Advertisement

lol sorry wouldn swap my bravia or my ps3 ;)
    Your loss then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I got into the BF3 alpha, and can't run it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Anyone recommend a good cheap headset?my original one that came with the xbox is broken and im sick of givin away my dog tags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone recommend a good cheap headset?my original one that came with the xbox is broken and im sick of givin away my dog tags :)

the turtle beach x11s are the best cheapest set in my experience

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Gonna add a few more of you guys, ive had some good games with garv! GT: ImAwesome1987

Servers are ****ed today

Yup just after seeing that, all stats & unlocks reset. Hopefully will be back tomorrow or later!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Gonna add a few more of you guys, ive had some good games with garv! GT: ImAwesome1987

Always room for a modest gamertag like that :P

haha! Yeah it draws no attention at all!:p

Edit: Stats Back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

didn't know who you were, will add ya if i didn't accept at the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement