Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Yeah can i get in on this?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

depends on the player, Moose and myself generally go as recon, though I do switch to engineer. Cableguy plays a mean medic, Lenny....is uav a seperate class???? depends on the game too

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

I don't mind what class I play, I've only spent a few hours playing but I'm very familiar with FPS games like COD. Still learning the law of the land so to speak..the levels etc..I'm getting shot less in the back which must mean I'm getting better at learning the possible angles of attack!:D I don't run straight into those tanks anymore:D. KDR is on the up as is the W/L ratio since I've started playing with a few mates, it makes a huge difference..and the craic is way better!

It does make a big difference. Hell I even play in the same room as another guy who's usually on my squad. If he spots a sniper I just look at his screen and anti-snipe :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

brk3 wrote: »
    What classes are you guys playing with then or will we just switch around as needed?

I'm quite comfortable with each, but if we find our strengths or which one people enjoy the most then we can focus on that kit.

I generally switch between classes. Some MCOM stations on the same level suit different classes better and its also dependent on whether I'm attacking or defending and what strategy is being deployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

Miju I just compared my stats to yours and mine pale in comparison:P..But they are improving and I managed to finish in the top few each round when I'm in a squad of mates!:)..here's hoping that continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Classes will have to be allocated by not only what you're best at but also what benefits the team the most. Remember, there'll only be four guys in the squad, so I'm guessing it'll be something like one or two medics combined with engineers and maybe an assault.

I doubt a lone sniper will really be of much benefit and will potentially cause squad mates to spawn to far from the action, hence loose valuable time getting back into the fray.

My guess is that the medic will be key to the success of the squad and engineers will be required to take out tanks/helos. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see just these two classes been used universally.

I normally prefer using the SUV with a X4 scope/magnum, however I use it aggressively as if it were a battle rifle like the G3. It allows me to sucessfully flank the enemy using the camo and cause absolute mayhem deep within their lines. However, this only works well on hardcore (due to spotting/bullet damage) so I'll probably have to adopt a completely new tactic once working with a team.... but hey, that's what it's all about... for the greater good of the team :D

finno wrote: »
    Yeah can i get in on this?

Of course you can. Register at gamebattles.com and send me a friends request there. I'll enroll you into the team then

uzi+4x scope is what I've been running with when I don't recon. Tis a decent gun, but not as good as the over powered medic guns

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Classes will have to be allocated by not only what you're best at but also what benefits the team the most. Remember, there'll only be four guys in the squad, so I'm guessing it'll be something like one or two medics combined with engineers and maybe an assault.

I doubt a lone sniper will really be of much benefit and will potentially cause squad mates to spawn to far from the action, hence loose valuable time getting back into the fray.

My guess is that the medic will be key to the success of the squad and engineers will be required to take out tanks/helos. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see just these two classes been used universally.

I normally prefer using the SUV with a X4 scope/magnum, however I use it aggressively as if it were a battle rifle like the G3. It allows me to sucessfully flank the enemy using the camo and cause absolute mayhem deep within their lines. However, this only works well on hardcore (due to spotting/bullet damage) so I'll probably have to adopt a completely new tactic once working with a team.... but hey, that's what it's all about... for the greater good of the team :D

Agree with everything except for the bit about. Lone sniper? Probably not. But a recon man sitting just outside the fray spotting out people can be pretty much invaluable in some situations imo.

It's especially nice to have a sensor or two down when trying to assault a crate to give you a heads up on who might be camping the building.

Also as long as they're not sitting too far out from the action they can be a handy safe place to spawn on and quickly get back in there.

Just my two cents :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

uzi+4x scope is what I've been running with when I don't recon. Tis a decent gun, but not as good as the over powered medic guns

Says the man who runs twice as fast as almost anybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Have to 100% agree recon class will be useless. Even if defending unless the sniper is damn good and misses nothing he will be limited in his use.

I reckon most teams will use the 2 medics , 2 engineers formular. possibly even throwing in an assault for fun too
    Tombomb7 wrote: »
    Miju I just compared my stats to yours and mine pale in comparison:P..But they are improving and I managed to finish in the top few each round when I'm in a squad of mates!:)..here's hoping that continues!

Cheers but I've been grinding away like no tomorrow at this game and theres a couple of other boardsies with even better stats than mine.

Must join ya for a game soon, feel free to send me an invite if you spot me online

Says the man who runs twice as fast as almost anybody.
    Ah but thats only when I'm tag hunting, have to give up my scope for that!

Oh also recon class can't use mortar strike, which is gay as mortar strikes are great for causing mayhem

Oh also recon class can't use mortar strike, which is gay as mortar strikes are great for causing mayhem

the reason for this is to stop recon camping miles away and mortaring a building with a crate until it crumbles.

I, too, will miss mortars but it may actually reduce my "accidental" team killing :o

I agree about the mortaring buildings but you can't use them at all, on tanks or anything, or if others are hiding on a ledge where you can't get at them

miju wrote: »
    Have to 100% agree recon class will be useless. Even if defending unless the sniper is damn good and misses nothing he will be limited in his use.

Well, I suppose there's only one way to figure this out and that's to put it into practice. Does a team of three on the ground function better than four, with a recon on over-watch? I'm guessing there's not many maps that provide the recon with a perfect over-watch position, maybe I'm wrong.

I agree about the mortaring buildings but you can't use them at all, on tanks or anything, or if others are hiding on a ledge where you can't get at them

You'll just have to learn how to master C4 ;)

I'm guessing C4 will be a major tactic, just like in R6V2. All entry points, choke points and probably crates will be wired to the hilt! Some of these teams will even let you advance into an ambush area and then flip a switch and watch the fireworks... we should figure that out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I, too, will miss mortars but it may actually reduce my "accidental" team killing :o

I won't miss that. Been on the recieving end so many times. But if only we could do something with your own people shooting you in the back of the head or running you over with tanks and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Ah the auld recon class debate crops its head up once again. I said this before that the recon class can come in handy. Like for example, taking out snipers on the other team. Also a favorite of mine, is while defending on rush, get a great position over looking a comm station and take out anyone who tries to plant a charge. It can work both ways also, as in taking out anyone trying to defuse a charge.

One thing I like to do while defending, is blowing a hole in a building with the comm station with the M16A1 grenade launcher so I can have a direct line of sight on it with the X4 scope, and take out anyone trying to set a charge. Anytime I do that its always a low scoring game for me, but 9 times out of 10 we win. Its all about winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

One thing I like to do while defending, is blowing a hole in a building with the comm station with the M16A1 grenade launcher so I can have a direct line of sight on it with the X4 scope, and take out anyone trying to set a charge. Anytime I do that its always a low scoring game for me, but 9 times out of 10 we win. Its all about winning.

This. :)

Ah the auld recon class debate crops its head up once again. I said this before that the recon class can come in handy. Like for example, taking out snipers on the other team. Also a favorite of mine, is while defending on rush, get a great position over looking a comm station and take out anyone who tries to plant a charge. It can work both ways also, as in taking out anyone trying to defuse a charge.

So we have plenty of input, this is great. Anyone can come up with a single idea but having multiple options and ideas to choose from is a real benefit. Now we need to figure out which work best, when and where.

Perhaps a split of recon/engineer/assault may work best on defending crates.

Each map will probably have it's own unique strategy and therefore we'll need to develope a gameplan to deal with each map. As I think of it, on the bigger, more open maps, a recon would certainly be very helpfull if he could guide the team into blocking positions. Communication would be key. In R6V2 we devided up the maps into grids for easier reference points. Much easier just call out a grid reference than trying to describe a building while trying to stay alive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

How many people have that Demolish 2.0 achievement?

Its the hardest thing to get....I only have 10 of the 20 kills required, its a nightmare.

Africa harbour, recon is essential as you can take out the guys on the mcom station, same for isla innocents.

I've 0 kills for the demolish achievement, actually the 50 demolish ones and 20 online ones are the only one's I've left to get, the game glitched and gave me all the mcom stations achievement even though I'm 2 short

The powers that be have seen fit to promote Dunworth to the rank of Captain within IBFC. Congradulations, soldier. Lead your men to victory and valor on the battlefield, enjoy your stripes :D

Captain_insignia_Gold.png

congrats. nice to know a lowly soldier likes myself has my leaders tags :P

I suppose he could order you to return them :D

over my dead body....no wait....ye've all done that to me already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

thank ye so much i will gladly take the command
    i wont abuse the power too much
    ;)

also i would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who helped me achieve this great honor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i feel the same:D
    x9 :p

i think the recon class is handy. i use it alot when im right in the thick of it. i usualy use the GOL but now that im on hardcore im gonna have to change it. even tho its great as any bodypart is a kill with it.
    the last gun you unlock, thee m25 or m50 or sumthin isit? is the most pointless gun ive ever seen on hardcore. it leaves a big long line behind the bullet which is a big give away to ur hidin spot.
    but i think havin someone using recon would benifit either way.
    them hand guns arent bad so u can always pull that out and use it and you have c4 too which can come in very handy

btw is the tournament hardcore?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement