Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

il stay up if ye want, nothin else 2 b doin at da hour ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

dude get a vip code already'

wat kinda games is it 2moro?

care 2 buy em for me raze;)
    recession nd all:p
    il get points online wen i get a chance
    just 2 keep u happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is that a yes from you garv123

the match is a squad rush

Match Settings
    Games (Best of...)

Maps
    Random maps generated at time of acceptance

Players
    4v4

the challengers are Gamers United

its a yes if you'll ave me :D
    i dont have the vip maps. 2 of em isit?
    will they come up? is it squat deathmatch or what is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

You really want to do this before training? 2am on the 17th is in two hours time. I don't think you really know what you're letting yourselves in for. My advice is to train, get confident and then choose a low ranked team to challenge.

You'lll find elite teams challenging new teams for easy points.
    Most likely it'll be lambs to the slaughter!

I'm on my second bottle of cava, so probably in no state to help.

Raze, keep me posted. If you're stuck, let me know.

You really want to do this before training? 2am on the 17th is in two hours time.

is it 2 hours time or is it 2moro night like?
    all the 1 2 me really?

Well, are you going ahead with the match? If so, best of luck. Stay tight, check you corners and keep advancing :-)

Well, are you going ahead with the match? If so, best of luck. Stay tight, check you corners and keep advancing :-)
    i asked dunworth and he said 2moro night ?

sorry guys i made a mistake the match is on in 45 mins

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    sorry guys i made a mistake the match is on in 45 mins
    was just signin on to tell you

so the squad is

me
    grav123
    raze them all
    m1ju (cableguy.ie will step in if he dosent come online)

so the squad is

me
    grav123
    raze them all
    m1ju (cableguy.ie will step in if he dosent come online)

I'm sorry guys, I feel I've let the side down. I'm barely sober enough totext from my iPhone.

My god be with you all and if he ain't, give 'em hell anyway!!!

I feel its my duty to report that we lost the match.

listen guys it was our very first match and we have had no training yet.

so it was an learning experience for us.

this will help us with training on Monday

also a few points to note

the games are softcore

the games are quite short (due to attackers only having 20 tickets)

there is no UAV

the maps are a lot smaller

and you have to leave and go into a new map after you have been an attacker and defender.

also i would like to add that the guys we were play looked like they had a good bit of training with each other and i would say that they had a strategy planed out unlike us which just headed in with no plan (entirely my fault by the way).
    but a least we now know how other teams play the game and we can build on that.

I feel its my duty to report that we lost the match.

listen guys it was our very first match and we have had no training yet.

so it was an learning experience for us.

this will help us with training on Monday
    we were lead into battle and were slaughtered like lambs
    we have no1 to blame except our captain dunworth
    we wer inexperienced and they took full advantage of it.

and did i mention our captain racked up a pretty impressive score of 0 kills:p:p

faced a team full of medics. No uavs or vehicles. Not hardcore. Game sucked

but it was worth it coz u got 1 of their tags

garv123 wrote: »
    we were lead into battle and were slaughtered like lambs
    we have no1 to blame except our captain dunworth
    we wer inexperienced and they took full advantage of it.

and did i mention our captain racked up a pretty impressive score of 0 kills:p:p

and i take full responsibility for it

you learn to win by losing.

and i did infact have four kills.

i agree with you completely, the games are much to short only lasting a few minutes

Not to worry. At least you have an idea of what you're up against now.

I've explained before what is required, in order to do well at these tournamnents. You're up against a completely different animal than in a regular online experience.

I was very interested to read Raze's comment that they were all medics. This was probably because there wasn't any vehicles to destroy and with only 20 tickets, reviving someone restores their tickets.

Did they stick to each other and move as a unit or split up into pairs to cover ground? Also, what was they're weapons choice, M60's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

We need a flux capacitor now.

Did they stick to each other and move as a unit or split up into pairs to cover ground? Also, what was they're weapons choice, M60's?

They knew tha map like the back of their hands.
    Of course it was the m60.
    On one of the maps when they were defending they where all seperate but close enough to each other that they could revive each other
    In another map when defending they all camped in seperate locations so that they could see which way we were going. I am not sure but i think they were using lightweight as a perk.

• Advertisement

They knew tha map like the back of their hands.
    Of course it was the m60.
    On one of the maps when they were defending they where all seperate but close enough to each other that they could revive each other
    In another map when defending they all camped in seperate locations so that they could see which way we were going. I am not sure but i think they were using lightweight as a perk.

A team of medics, using M60s and lightweight for mobility. Sounds like they had their act together, alright.

Any thoughts on what we should do on Monday night? I'm guessing loads of Squad Rush, so we can get used to the duration, tickets and map sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

A team of medics, using M60s and lightweight for mobility. Sounds like they had their act together, alright.

Any thoughts on what we should do on Monday night? I'm guessing loads of Squad Rush, so we can get used to the duration, tickets and map sizes?

Yep. Defo. It's gonna be a shock to the other members how different it is to the normal games we play. And it's Normal mode. Not that we did much spotting anyway.

Yep. Defo. It's gonna be a shock to the other members how different it is to the normal games we play. And it's Normal mode. Not that we did much spotting anyway.

i forgot we cud even tag them in normal mode.
    is there any hardcore clans that play eachother?
    im sure we wud all much prefer that.
    id also say if we're playin these softcore games we shud at least have a couple of games before it on squad rush softcore and at least then we can have an idea of where people go and where the teams will meet and stuff like that.
    ive played squad rush before and it is a good game but last night was just a bit of a joke like. none of them had scopes on the gun so i'd say it was lightweight they were using.

should try find some other teams new to this aswel so maybe we can benifit more from it if we're not getting slaughtered.

or devide our clan into two parties would be a good idea for practice. so we cant talk to the other team.
    what ye think?

Here's some interesting stats on weapon damage and stuff on regular mode. All stats increase slightly in hardcore plus you only get 50 health. Enjoy...

bc2bodydamages2kt2kchar.png

bc2headdamages2kt2kchar.png

back to the future is on utv now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

I'm on now running some squad rush if anyone wants to join?

mijiu how are you supposed to get my tags if you don't accept my invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

My advice for the next time you's are playing is, when defending choose 1 comm station to protect with 2 medics and 2 assault. Choose the one that has the best, high ground view of the other comm station so you can still take out any guys trying to plant a charge.

When attacking, use 3 guys to fire on one of the comm stations from a safe spot to draw their whole team to that comm station, then a lone recon class who has been hanging back the whole time with the G3 and C4, sneak to the other comm and plant C4 and then set the charge. Once they hear the charge, let them run to defuse it, and the lone recon can blow the C4 taking them out. While all that is happening and they have rushed to defuse the charge, the other 3 guys can move in to attack the comm station they were trying to protect. When the charge is set on that one, lay down some smoke towards the direction they spawn from, while leaving a clear line of sight towards the other comm station.

Looks good on paper, but can you's do it :confused:

looks good alright but one problem there is only one mcom station at a time

• Advertisement

its redicilous how good this ns2000 is with 12gauge spec. im gettin kills at further range than most other classes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement