Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Recon players are quite frustrating os Isle Innocentes, camping the ridge and doing nothing to support the players trying to arm the charges. To cap it off, squad respawn is useless as theyre miles away for anyone not playing recon.

Best place for anti tank mines is on the second stage of arica harbour. They always tear down the hill towards the town and placing the mines just below the dip in the hill as they come out of the gates of the vehicle spawn area, they cant see them - got a ridiculous number of kills from that. Nothing like the burning wreck of a humvee somersaulting down the hill :D. Plus just hide in the rocks and knife all the snipers on the ridge or get the headshot achivement with the repair tool.

Btw if anyone is up for getting demolition 2.0 or et tu brute just send me an invite - last 2 online achievements I need and demolition 2.0 is very frustrating to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Got Et Tu Brute last night finally. Cableguy was my last tag :P

I only have 8 out of 20 for the Demolish kills, I just mortar the bases, will get it eventually.

We do need to get a big boardsie game going, not filled with randomers running around ignoring the objectives.

600 for a marksmen shot!!! Where did you get that???? My best is 208, and he was the other side of the Arica map in Squad DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

If there's anyone playing regularly add me (thehomeofDob) - I'm on 3-4 times a week for a few hours. Not having as much fun playing alone or with strangers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Add me if anyones up for a few games
    I only play hardcore
    GT lenny irl

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Im down for a conquest/rush gamertag: Westwind7679

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

JD1763 wrote: »
    Recon players are quite frustrating os Isle Innocentes, camping the ridge and doing nothing to support the players trying to arm the charges. To cap it off, squad respawn is useless as theyre miles away for anyone not playing recon.

To be fair reacon are supposed to be far away, thats why we've a 12x scope, If we get anywhere near close we get murdered, Hell even at a distance we can be taken down by machineguns half the time, plus the game is quite anti sniper with the kill cam, whenever I fire and think I have a kill I immediatly look to the sky/wall/ground.

When I'm sniping I generally pick one area to scope, one socom site/high traffic area, so i can spot snipe. I only move if I'm found out and use my crappy pistol while one the move.

Did anyone catchh the dig at MW2 in the campeign when they mention the pussies with heartbeat sensors??

There is no 12x scope on the c4 they come equipped with.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Sorry should have been clearer in my rant - its more you can't get into a squad that has other classes in it. So effectively you have to respawn at the attackers deployment or miles away on the ridges. Usually when you're trying to then get to the island you get picked off. I just find it very frustrating having to spawn so far from the fighting because I cant get into a decent squad.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    There is no 12x scope on the c4 they come equipped with.
    Reacon class have a 12x scope dude

JD1763 wrote: »
    Sorry should have been clearer in my rant - its more you can't get into a squad that has other classes in it. So effectively you have to respawn at the attackers deployment or miles away on the ridges. Usually when you're trying to then get to the island you get picked off. I just find it very frustrating having to spawn so far from the fighting because I cant get into a decent squad.
    Ah ok, It would be solved by limiting recon class to 1-2 players per squad. I was in one with 3 snipers before and two of them were on the same roof, which is a bit stupid imo

• Advertisement

Reacon class have a 12x scope dude

I know, I was just saying there isnt on the C4, meaning they do have to get up close and personal sometimes, they can't be miles off the whole time.

I know, I was just saying there isnt on the C4, meaning they do have to get up close and personal sometimes, they can't be miles off the whole time.
    oh not the whole time but the 4x scope you can get in engineer is quite effective as is red dot. It's quite easy to take out snipers especially if you know the usual snipe sites

I dont use the scope upgrades on the Engineer, just bring the extra AT mines and the explosives upgrade, I still find the AKS74U and UMP are deadly accurate with just the iron sights. Love them guns.:D

Anyways will be on this evening for an hour or two.

Alot do though, I wont be on for a day or two, and I promise not to be locked like I was last sat ha!

Stop pimping ur site. All your posts are exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Game.ie wrote: »
    check out this great site. www.game.ie has great previews reviews and tech

Release the hounds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

CenadMusic reporting for duty!!

GT: CenadMusic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

will be on later will add a few from here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

600 for a marksmen shot!!! Where did you get that???? My best is 208, and he was the other side of the Arica map in Squad DM.

From ridge in Innocents right through to ridge on the last stand section of the map (while was waiting for the chopper to respawn LOL)

Got him square in the head he wasnt even viewable through my scope i was aiming that high LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Nice game today mates, thanks for joining!

• Advertisement

Few good games last night.

Jumped into a game with Lord Zemli.

You Sir, are a damn fine soldier!!!! /Salutes

Thanks mate, all of us did very well, but we lost some games, it's another story anyway!

Played very well with Cableguy as a team, even without the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Thanks mate, all of us did very well, but we lost some games, it's another story anyway!

Played very well with Cableguy as a team, even without the mic.

Yeah that was fun.

I do have a mic just don't have it connected all the time. If anybody wants to talk to me send me a message when we are playing and i will stick in the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Few good games last night.

Jumped into a game with Lord Zemli.

You Sir, are a damn fine soldier!!!! /Salutes
    i also played with lord zemli saved my ass a few times thanks man
    will be on again tonight as my girfrilend is working nights this week so
    distractions:D:D:D

I do have a mic just don't have it connected all the time. If anybody wants to talk to me send me a message when we are playing and i will stick in the mic.

Or just scream your name down the mic if you are in the same squad. Players sending texts messages during the game have a shorter life expectancy.

Thanks guys for all good feedback, I do my best.
    Can't promise to go online everyday, very busy with work and family, but I'll see you sooner or later. I would also need to add more friends from Irish clan list.

Or just scream your name down the mic if you are in the same squad. Players sending texts messages during the game have a shorter life expectancy.

very true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Sorry guys I've been obsessed With Mass Effect 2 for the past 3 days but will be back online tonight for a game if anyones keen ?
    galwaydave is my GAMERTAG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Yes that would work as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I keep meaning to try add/play with people from here.

What time do people Generally go on at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement