Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

tis a good game. Finished it the other day:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

So, is everyone playing Red Dead tonight or will we have enough for a pistols and knife fight???

So we did this last night good laugh first there was me,Garv,Moose and Dunworth against Cyco,Brk3,Screw2loose and Royal irish. Then there were connection issues and when i next rejoined it was me and Kev against Moose,dunworth and Royal. I will admit I used C4 at the last match but Royal had already used it in the previous match and was using it in the previous stage as well. Some fluky good kills all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Yeah the match last night was great fun, wasnt doing to badly with my pistol. was really frustrating Moose as he seemed to always be following me, when i would whip around and take him out in two shots. Think i went 62 - 30 in the one game that i played, unfortunatly i handed my tags out willingly to anyone and everyone! looking into getting a gaming headset so i can hear you feckers coming up behind me!

Yeah the match last night was great fun, wasnt doing to badly with my pistol. was really frustrating Moose as he seemed to always be following me, when i would whip around and take him out in two shots. Think i went 62 - 30 in the one game that i played, unfortunatly i handed my tags out willingly to anyone and everyone! looking into getting a gaming headset so i can hear you feckers coming up behind me!

Yes the headset is a must i need one too. Trying to sneak up on moose once or twice and he hears you arrrggghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yes the headset is a must i need one too. Trying to sneak up on moose once or twice and he hears you arrrggghhh

Yeah, those x41's certainly saved my ass loads of times!

That was brilliant fun last night. Never realised the M9 was so good until now.

Screw, that hand cannon you were using dropped me with two shots even with armour on!!! The reason I was always running up behind you was cause I was using the lightweight perk... certainly gives the edge on knife fights, thanks for the tip Raze!

• Advertisement

Well i ordered a set of X11's off amazon so it wont be long until you will have to find a new way to sneek up on me moose

Well i ordered a set of X11's off amazon so it wont be long until you will have to find a new way to sneek up on me moose

x11's are stereo sound... it's the x41's that have surround sound that let me know exactly which direction you're coming from ;)

Ordered a set of FPS Freaks on Sunday, in a moment of madness... read that they were recommended and used by HUTCH (of YouTube fame)... supposed at be able to turn your sensitivity up to maximum with them and still be able to keep control... good enough for HUTCH, good enough for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

x11's are stereo sound... it's the x41's that have surround sound that let me know exactly which direction you're coming from ;)

Ordered a set of FPS Freaks on Sunday, in a moment of madness... read that they were recommended and used by HUTCH (of YouTube fame)... supposed at be able to turn your sensitivity up to maximum with them and still be able to keep control... good enough for HUTCH, good enough for me :D

Most reports (including youtube commentators in the same business as hutch) say there's little to no discernable difference in stereo and surround sound headsets, other than the price.

I have a pair of X1's (just noticed they've been discontinued for the X11's, damn!) and they work great for telling directions of sound.

Bit skeptical of the Freaks, be sure to post how they work out ;)

brk3 wrote: »
    Most reports (including youtube commentators in the same business as hutch) say there's little to no discernable difference in stereo and surround sound headsets, other than the price.

I have a pair of X1's (just noticed they've been discontinued for the X11's, damn!) and they work great for telling directions of sound.

Bit skeptical of the Freaks, be sure to post how they work out ;)

I'll definitely let you know what I think of the the FPS Freaks. Been using those thumb stick grips for the last few years and find it near impossible to play without them now.

As for the difference between stereo and surround sound headsets. I can confirm that the x41's are simulated surround sound which projects the directional sound into your skull. It does work. I've tested it with my eyes shut and listening to a surround sound setup CD.

However, the Tritton AX360's that I sold to Raze were much more precise in determining sound direction due to having four individual speakers positioned within each ear cup.

The x4/x41's can't achieve the same level directional awareness as the Tritton's, due to being a wireless headset. So, in my humble opinion, if you wish to experience perfect surround sound from a headset make sure to purchase something similar to the wired Tritton's. However, if like me, you couldn't handle having more wires in an already over-wired games room; then the x4/x41's are a great compromise (just make sure to have a constant supply of batteries!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i must look for a headset myslef.
    but first more important i must get a telli thats got more of a display then this 1. the screen on it shows a picture of 300mm x 200mm

what headset do ye reccomend? and anyone know where there any bit cheaper?

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    i must look for a headset myslef.
    but first more important i must get a telli thats got more of a display then this 1. the screen on it shows a picture of 300mm x 200mm

what headset do ye reccomend? and anyone know where there any bit cheaper?

try http://www.limexb360.co.uk/ I buy most of my gear from them

try http://www.limexb360.co.uk/ I buy most of my gear from them
    alot of mad stuff on there.
    must start savingg :D
    sorry 2 jump out of the game there moose. internet disconnected again and there was no point going back on coz ive trainin now

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Need to get to get some phones myself. The standard "Britney Spears" headset with TV sound is pretty useless. Especially at 2 A.M. when everyone else in the house is complaining about needing to be up early the next day.:rolleyes:Thats why I keep getting stabbed! Had some XLCs and they were pretty good so I can imagine the benefits of true surround sound would be huge. Raze might only get my tags once or twice per game then.:D
    BTW knives and pistols are great craic.

will be back playin tomorrow, havin a few beers tonight

These are available on e-bay. Look handy and they can be removed so normal television viewing is not affected.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvEoWtroHc&feature=player_embedded

cycocycle wrote: »
    These are available on e-bay. Look handy and they can be removed so normal television viewing is not affected.

Well it beats the hell out of my tiny tipex dot!!! By the way, that works great for the mounted machine guns on BFBC2.

Are you thinking of getting one of these?

Make sure to let me know what you think when you get them!

Need to get to get some phones myself. The standard "Britney Spears" headset with TV sound is pretty useless. Especially at 2 A.M. when everyone else in the house is complaining about needing to be up early the next day.:rolleyes:Thats why I keep getting stabbed! Had some XLCs and they were pretty good so I can imagine the benefits of true surround sound would be huge. Raze might only get my tags once or twice per game then.:D
    BTW knives and pistols are great craic.

if you didnt go breaking them you wudnt have that problem.
    no xbox alowed now in the house till 23rd june do there wont b any complaining :rolleyes:

if you didnt go breaking them you wudnt have that problem.
    no xbox alowed now in the house till 23rd june do there wont b any complaining :rolleyes:

Do you really think you'll survive a month without gaming... especialy since I'll be getting those gold tags in a few days ;)

• Advertisement

Do you really think you'll survive a month without gaming... especialy since I'll be getting those gold tags in a few days ;)
    ahaha i knowww
    im not doing so bad now. im on it very little.
    only late at night usualy for a half hour or so

no xbox alowed now in the house till 23rd june
    Dont worry. I wont disturb you when I,ve got these!
    Tritton-AX720.jpg

You can have the xbox headset then!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    britney-spears_0.jpg

Make sure to let me know what you think when you get them!
    Hopefully you will be experiencing the effects of them very soon:D.

Hopefully you will be experiencing the effects of them very soon:D.

am i still No.1 on the hitlist ?:D
    you'l need more than a fancy headset and a fancy sticker before i give up my tags to you

Ok having problems with the Thompson gun. According to the game i have no kills with this what so ever. For example i started with the 870 combat last night got one kill with it got my medal and then switched to the thomspon Spent the rest of the game using this and killed loads with this so when the stats screen came up it said the most weapon kill was with the 870 combat with one kill. Any idea anybody

when the stats screen came up it said the most weapon kill was with the 870 combat with one kill. Any idea anybody

i have noticed this to be flawed on many occasions, sometimes it will display the weapon i killed the most with but show some random number of kills, or it will display the incorrect weapon. Didnt really think much of it because its fairly insignificant, as the kills were still counted in my actual stats page.

Ok having problems with the Thompson gun. According to the game i have no kills with this what so ever. For example i started with the 870 combat last night got one kill with it got my medal and then switched to the thomspon Spent the rest of the game using this and killed loads with this so when the stats screen came up it said the most weapon kill was with the 870 combat with one kill. Any idea anybody
    It's a known flaw, it always resets to0, was told this by moose when we were both going for bronze stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

add me if you want - whizzmoyno. also my mate izambard is good

add me if you want - whizzmoyno. also my mate izambard is good

No offence but we've had loads of people say that to us and we've added them but they never show up. A few pages back you'll see a list of the regular players. Add them and come join us when you see any of us on.

Oh, mind your dogtags... new members tend to get raped ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Laaaaaaaaaaame!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement