Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Oh, mind your dogtags... new members tend to get raped ;)

I'm sure Raze will greet them with open arms and a nice knife to the back! Seems it's the way everyone gets it. Kind of like an initiation at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

No offence but we've had loads of people say that to us and we've added them but they never show up. A few pages back you'll see a list of the regular players. Add them and come join us when you see any of us on.

Oh, mind your dogtags... new members tend to get raped ;)

the dogtags will be safe, we are class at battlefield bc2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

the dogtags will be safe, we are class at battlefield bc2

Oh dear... that's what the last few guys said... and they were never seen again... ;)

Oh dear... that's what the last few guys said... and they were never seen again... ;)

maybe they did, but our clan is one of the best online at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

You will need eyes on the back of your head when Moose is on the other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Haha and a spotter in the hills when you and Raze are on the other team, oh i'll be missing for a few nights got Red Dead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

seems like we have a challenge here raze? how long you reckon before we get them

garv123 wrote: »
    seems like we have a challenge here raze? how long you reckon before we get them

a very long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

aww son you clearly took the blue pill over the red cos yer livin in an alternate reality. I don't have over 1000 tags for no reason. Your name is number one on the hitlist.

brk3 wrote: »
    Bit skeptical of the Freaks, be sure to post how they work out ;)

Well, the FPS Kontrol Freaks arrived about an hour ago. So only got to use them for about 25 minutes on MW2. Have to head out for a few hours now but will have a proper bash with them this evening and give you a proper review.

First impressions:

Simple to clip on, very sturdy once attached and the tops are identical to the original xbox thumb sticks so my ebay thumb stick grips fitted perfectly! Happy days.

Initial feel:

I found the left stick a bit pointless having the extention fitted to it. I really only wanted it for my right thumb stick (for micro targeting, fast turning etc...). So I've only got the freak on the right thumbstick. Feels surprisingly natural. edit: I may re-attach the left stick this evening to see if there's any advantage to having it.

First in-game impressions:

I threw in MW2 on Special Ops mode to test the sensitivity out. Normally played it with the sensitivity on LOW, around 3. Couldn't do the Pit with it on my first attempt, as my targeting was desperately slow... turned up the sensitivity to 6. Played much better! Felt exactly as it had before at level 3 before attaching the Kontrol Freaks. Normally I'd be all over the place with my aiming at this level of sensitivity!

Second game attempt:

Turned it up to level 7, again, could handle the sensitivity just fine after a couple of seconds of getting used to it.

Conclusion so far:

With less than half an hour of playing MW2 Special Ops, I was able to turn my sensitivity up from 3 to 7, possibly 8-10 with a little more practice! I'm quite stunned, thought I was way to old to be able to handle sensitivity that high! Looking forward to trying this out on BFBC2 later on!

Looks like it could be money well spent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say lads I'm loving this game again..

I had a sweet shot two nights ago..Took out the Chopper Pilot and the side gunner with a single sniper shot lol.
    watching the remaining passsengers jump ship was a joy :D

I'll be on again after 10 tonight if people are up for it.. ?

aww son you clearly took the blue pill over the red cos yer livin in an alternate reality. I don't have over 1000 tags for no reason. Your name is number one on the hitlist.

bring it on dude. we are unbeatable at the moment

bring it on dude. we are unbeatable at the moment

Your stats state otherwise!

Whiz.jpg

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/themooseinnam/comp/360/whizzmoyno

However, your mate izambard seems to be quite a good player!

A word of caution, being cocky about your tags and challenging Raze like that will only lead to you resembling a pin cushion.

Your stats state otherwise!

Whiz.jpg

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/themooseinnam/comp/360/whizzmoyno

However, your mate izambard seems to be quite a good player!

A word of caution, being cocky about your tags and challenging Raze like that will only lead to you resembling a pin cushion.

i see your making use of the site i showed you moose.
    imagine that. me showing moose something for a change :D

11 wins? 0.46 win lose ratio?

dont think your the best online yet or on the best clan if your win lose score is that low

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

You dont need to tell me that. One smug message from me to Raze resulted in me losing my tags about 5 times the next day!:rolleyes:

cycocycle wrote: »
    You dont need to tell me that. One smug message from me to Raze resulted in me losing my tags about 5 times the next day!:rolleyes:

I KNOW... spent a weekend sending RAZE picture messages showing that I had his tags four times and he only had my tags three times. I was away for the weekend at a wedding... On the following Monday he jumped into a deathmatch against me and had my tags within two minutes... I was gutted... litterally!!! :D

The only answer is Shotgun Sniping.:D (only works sometimes though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have done that a few times. Claiming no one would get my tags in a private match we were about to start. Because of saying that my first death is usually by knife.

cycocycle wrote: »
    The only answer is Shotgun Sniping.:D (only works sometimes though!)

Against Raze if he wants your tags?!? Back yourself into a corner with a C4 perimeter, clear firing lines and then hope God's on your side!!! :D

Against Raze if he wants your tags?!? Back yourself into a corner with a C4 perimeter, clear firing lines and then hope God's on your side!!! :D

im beatin raze bout 17-7 at the moment i think so im still happy ;)
    he claims it doesnt bother him but we all know its killing him inside

• Advertisement

im beatin raze bout 17-7 at the moment i think so im still happy ;)
    he claims it doesnt bother him but we all know its killing him inside

Your Kung Fu is strong! ;)

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my impression of the FPS Kontrol Freak after trying it on BFBC2, after playing with it for just an hour or so.

Decided to pump the sensitivity up to max and launch into the single player to see what I thought of it. Could play it perfectly fine, although I did feel it might be a bit over sensitive for multiplayer.

First deathmatch I went into, I didn't do so well. It was the Laguna map and I was using the UMP45 with a x4 scope. As usual, I got sniped loads as I ran around looking for CQB targets. I did notice that my turning speed and targeting speed had dramatically increased but that the final micro aiming, once locked onto a target, was a little jittery. So I reduced the sensitivity down to 80% and it made all the difference.

Super fast 180 degree turning, micro aiming was perfect and even scoped in with the x4, I was still able to track targets running past me at distances of around 10 metres or less!

On the next map, I even managed to run up a stairs (without knowing a wookie was hiding at the top behind me, waiting for me), spin round and zoom to a headshot burst before he even managed to get a second round off at me with his hand cannon. I should have been dead instead of wounded!!!

I love my new gagdet!!! :D

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my impression of the FPS Kontrol Freak after trying it on BFBC2, after playing with it for just an hour or so.

Decided to pump the sensitivity up to max and launch into the single player to see what I thought of it. Could play it perfectly fine, although I did feel it might be a bit over sensitive for multiplayer.

First deathmatch I went into, I didn't do so well. It was the Laguna map and I was using the UMP45 with a x4 scope. As usual, I got sniped loads as I ran around looking for CQB targets. I did notice that my turning speed and targeting speed had dramatically increased but that the final micro aiming, once locked onto a target, was a little jittery. So I reduced the sensitivity down to 80% and it made all the difference.

Super fast 180 degree turning, micro aiming was perfect and even scoped in with the x4, I was still able to track targets running past me at distances of around 10 metres or less!

On the next map, I even managed to run up a stairs (without knowing a wookie was hiding at the top behind me, waiting for me), spin round and zoom to a headshot burst before he even managed to get a second round off at me with his hand cannon. I should have been dead instead of wounded!!!

I love my new gagdet!!! :D

what level was your sensitivity on before?
    the first thing i did was put battlefield up to the max?
    what exatcly are the yokes doing?:confused::P

what level was your sensitivity on before?
    the first thing i did was put battlefield up to the max?
    what exatcly are the yokes doing?:confused::P

I had it around 30%, couldn't handle it at much higher than that.

Basically they just extend the thumbsticks so you get about double the distance of movement in the stick which makes it much more controllable at higher sensitivity. Allows for more exact micro movements but with the higher sensitivity, the speed of movement increases. If your already playing it at max, then I'm not really sure how much help they'd be.

I'm guessing your youth has the advantage here... I'm just levelling the playing field ;)

I had it around 30%, couldn't handle it at much higher than that.

Basically they just extend the thumbsticks so you get about double the distance of movement in the stick which makes it much more controllable at higher sensitivity. Allows for more exact micro movements but with the higher sensitivity, the speed of movement increases. If your already playing it at max, then I'm not really sure how much help they'd be.

I'm guessing your youth has the advantage here... I'm just levelling the playing field ;)

haha the arthritis kicking in it is?:rolleyes:
    i cudnt handle playin it so low coz i played mw2 and was on 8 so battlefield had to be the same,
    what i done on mw2 nd and im sure it will work here is go up 1 sensitivity level a week (or day by day depending how much your online). get used to it bit by bit and you dont even notice.
    no point jumping up real fast because you cant handle it and you just get frustrated and go back down

haha the arthritis kicking in it is?:rolleyes:
    i cudnt handle playin it so low coz i played mw2 and was on 8 so battlefield had to be the same,
    what i done on mw2 nd and im sure it will work here is go up 1 sensitivity level a week (or day by day depending how much your online). get used to it bit by bit and you dont even notice.
    no point jumping up real fast because you cant handle it and you just get frustrated and go back down

I wouldn't have the patience for that! I happy with my performance on my first night at 80% sensitivity. I'll give it a week so and move it up a notch then

I couldnt get get into a party last night at all.I accepted all invitations that I got.Wasnt being antisocial!:) It makes a big difference not being able to communicate. Its definately not as much craic. Then at one stage I couldnt get into a squad. Having to spawn back at base as frequently as I get killed is pretty frustrating. I just gave up in the end. :mad:

My internet died on me last night and i was far to tired to try and fix it so i went to bed, was annoying because we were having some pretty good games aswell! even if we failed several times to successfuly attack, But its all about a good defence at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

My internet died on me last night and i was far to tired to try and fix it so i went to bed, was annoying because we were having some pretty good games aswell! even if we failed several times to successfuly attack, But its all about a good defence at the end of the day!

Yes was fun last night and we had the added advantage of Galway Dave and Tombomb on the opp side so we could go a hunting as well.:D:D

• Advertisement

Yes was fun last night and we had the added advantage of Galway Dave and Tombomb on the opp side so we could go a hunting as well.:D:D

i think a more appropriate term would be harvesting considering the amount of us that got there tags on several different occasions.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement