Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yep good games last night some some tags.

only problem we had was with the party people kept getting disconnected.
    this might be just a coincidence but it all started when C*******e came online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

i think a more appropriate term would be harvesting considering the amount of us that got there tags on several different occasions.:D

Haha well if you guys didn't spawn camp for most of the games that wouldn't have happened ;)
    And I might add it was 12 v 4 at one stage too. Not to worry Tomb and myself got you all in the end whohohoohahahaha

Also got my first Gold Tag last night too ..

Haha well if you guys didn't spawn camp for most of the games that wouldn't have happened ;)
    And I might add it was 12 v 4 at one stage too. Not to worry Tomb and myself got you all in the end whohohoohahahaha

Also got my first Gold Tag last night too ..

ya you sneaky fecker hiding in the mcom stations and jumping out with knife in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

And I might add it was 12 v 4 at one stage too.

Well to be fair i think Galway dave was shotgun sniping at one point because he couldnt handle us. So you cant be complaing when using these tactics!

And i dont think you can really call it spawn camping considering you can really spawn anywhere depending on your team mates. so it is very easy to escape your base without even seeing or getting shot by anyone hiding in it. and you didnt properly clear out you base when you capped A and B, First thing you should do before moving on when playing with boardsies, Moose is usually hiding somewhere :eek:

Yeah the teams were quite unfair for one map alrite, not much you can do really though, unless people were willing to switch over to the losing team:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

dunworth1 wrote: »
    only problem we had was with the party people kept getting disconnected.
    this might be just a coincidence but it all started when C*******e came online

Didnt like to say it but I usually never have any bother connecting to games or parties. I know once I see his name that I'm wasting my time even trying. Saying that though I have been in games and parties with him. He reckons everytime I join someone gets kicked from the party!:rolleyes: Maybe we're just not compatible.
    Seriously though I'll have to try to open my NAT settings because its annoying. Tried Mooses advice but it didnt make any difference. I'll have a crack again over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

cycocycle wrote: »
    Didnt like to say it but I usually never have any bother connecting to games or parties. I know once I see his name that I'm wasting my time even trying. Saying that though I have been in games and parties with him. He reckons everytime I join someone gets kicked from the party!:rolleyes: Maybe we're just not compatible.
    Seriously though I'll have to try to open my NAT settings because its annoying. Tried Mooses advice but it didnt make any difference. I'll have a crack again over the weekend.

Dunworth would you mind....

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ya you sneaky fecker hiding in the mcom stations and jumping out with knife in hand

Again the reason for this was pretty obvious. You were playing against 4 of us. 12 of you were running at the mcoms we didn't have a chance...and anyway I'm defending...i'm allowed hide in my own base ;)

Actually cycocycle I think the chat party died last night as soon as I joined lol.

Again the reason for this was pretty obvious. You were playing against 4 of us. 12 of you were running at the mcoms we didn't have a chance...and anyway I'm defending...i'm allowed hide in my own base ;)

then you cant really complain about us camping

i dont want to be mean but everyone got kicked out as soon as cycocycle joined

what router do you have i might be able to give you instructions on how to open your nat

• Advertisement

Its an intellinet. Not sure of the model. I wont get to look at it again until Sunday(shift work:rolleyes:). I'll go over Mooses guide again. The Microsoft website has a few trouble shooting tips as well as. I'll get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i coulnt join last night until cycocycle left so its defently the nat settings on the router not leting us in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

naughto wrote: »
    i coulnt join last night until cycocycle left so its defently the nat settings on the router not leting us in

galwaydave or tomb bomb ye didnt get my tags lastnight
    helped myself to yours though:)

funny that me and cyco play off the same router and im always the one that has no problems.

:D

garv123 wrote: »
    funny that me and cyco play off the same router and im always the one that has no problems.

:D

you're wired and Im wireless.

Its an intellinet. Not sure of the model. I wont get to look at it again until Sunday(shift work:rolleyes:). I'll go over Mooses guide again. The Microsoft website has a few trouble shooting tips as well as. I'll get it sorted.

go to your web browser
    enter http://192.168.0.1
    login with password (none by default but should change this)
    click on the "NAT" tab
    then click on "NAT on/off"
    tick the box nat off
    click on "apply & reload"
    (just incase you cant find the tabs i circled them in the attached pic)

now you nat should be turned off

COMPLETELY off topic but sue me.

how's this for a great deal. i traded in the following at my local gamestop:

left 4 dead 2,
    GTA 4
    and mass effect 2

and i got the following NEW not secondhand games for 25 yoyos:

alan wake ,collectors edition,
    alien vs predator,
    and lost planet 2.

BITE MY BUM XTRAVISION :D

hopefully be on later to shoot u all on the face. LATERZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

While your shooting someone in the face, I will be behind you sharpening my knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

While your shooting someone in the face, I will be behind you sharpening my knife.
    You should probably just stick it in his back instead of sitting down and sharpening it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

haven't had a chance to be online all week with work and life and stuff :(

rest assured though I shall be on about 10pm , I've a whole week of mayhem to catch up on

Those on screen targets are excellent. They improve CQB. You can also lose the scope and free up another perk. Even the tracer dart benefits. They come in 4 styles. I bought the starter pack which contains 1 of each so you can check which you prefer. For £7 delivered you can't go wrong.
    Plus I think I have my NAT issues resolved. Just enabled uPNP on my router. Network test comes up clear.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Those on screen targets are excellent. They improve CQB. You can also lose the scope and free up another perk. Even the tracer dart benefits. They come in 4 styles. I bought the starter pack which contains 1 of each so you can check which you prefer. For £7 delivered you can't go wrong.
    Plus I think I have my NAT issues resolved. Just enabled uPNP on my router. Network test comes up clear.:)

Excellent news about your NAT.

Can those targets can be pealed on and off the TV numerous times?

Do they get it the way if you use a red dot or x4 scope too?

Well, I've purchased a starter pack too...

As you said, for €7 how can you go wrong! :D

Well, I've purchased a starter pack too...

As you said, for €7 how can you go wrong! :D

i would try using 1 but they take up the whole telly on the fart of a yoke im using:(. refusing to get a decent one till after te exams are over and done with.:(:mad:

Can those targets can be pealed on and off the TV numerous times?

Do they get it the way if you use a red dot or x4 scope too?

Have'nt used them a lot yet. Only came in this morning and had a quick lash.They simply peel off there backing and stick to the tv. Once you are finished they peel off. Don't know their lifespan. Once you decide on your favourite you could pick up a couple of packs of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

COMPLETELY off topic but sue me.

how's this for a great deal. i traded in the following at my local gamestop:

left 4 dead 2,
    GTA 4
    and mass effect 2

and i got the following NEW not secondhand games for 25 yoyos:

alan wake ,collectors edition,
    alien vs predator,
    and lost planet 2.

BITE MY BUM XTRAVISION :D

hopefully be on later to shoot u all on the face. LATERZ.

Alan wake = nice
    Alien V Predator = ..meh
    Lost Planet 2 = poor

On the other hand left 4 dead 2, GTA 4 and mass effect 2 are all classics which xtravision will have no trouble flogging for 30€ +

Not to take away from your deal if your done with the games might as well trade them in, but I don't think xtravision will be doing any bum biting just yet :P

brk3 wrote: »
    Alan wake = nice
    Alien V Predator = ..meh
    Lost Planet 2 = poor

On the other hand left 4 dead 2, GTA 4 and mass effect 2 are all classics which xtravision will have no trouble flogging for 30€ +

Not to take away from your deal if your done with the games might as well trade them in, but I don't think xtravision will be doing any bum biting just yet :P

yah i think id have to agree there. the only 1 i dont like is mass effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my impression of the FPS Kontrol Freak after trying it on BFBC2, after playing with it for just an hour or so.

Decided to pump the sensitivity up to max and launch into the single player to see what I thought of it. Could play it perfectly fine, although I did feel it might be a bit over sensitive for multiplayer.

First deathmatch I went into, I didn't do so well. It was the Laguna map and I was using the UMP45 with a x4 scope. As usual, I got sniped loads as I ran around looking for CQB targets. I did notice that my turning speed and targeting speed had dramatically increased but that the final micro aiming, once locked onto a target, was a little jittery. So I reduced the sensitivity down to 80% and it made all the difference.

Super fast 180 degree turning, micro aiming was perfect and even scoped in with the x4, I was still able to track targets running past me at distances of around 10 metres or less!

On the next map, I even managed to run up a stairs (without knowing a wookie was hiding at the top behind me, waiting for me), spin round and zoom to a headshot burst before he even managed to get a second round off at me with his hand cannon. I should have been dead instead of wounded!!!

I love my new gagdet!!! :D

Surely using a modded controller is cheating oui oui?

Picked up a set of Turtle Beach X11s. Make some difference. I can confidently predict I will NEVER lose my tags to raze or garv again!:D

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Surely using a modded controller is cheating oui oui?

If it was mod to the controller to include rapid fire or something else that wasn't already available as standard, then I would agree. However, since it doesn't actually do anything other than allow you to use a higher in-game sensitivity level, I would be reluctant to discribe it as cheating.

In golfing terms, it would be like using a Big Berta driver. You still have to know how to drive the ball but it's a little more forgiving on mistakes :D

• Advertisement

I can confidently predict I will NEVER again lose my tags to raze or garb again!:D

Famous last words!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement