Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

cycocycle wrote: »
    Picked up a set of Turtle Beach X11s. Make some difference. I can confidently predict I will NEVER lose my tags to raze or garv again!:D

Never = until after the exams cos he thinks Garv can't use the xbox till then and he thinks Raze is not playing battlefield anymore.

Your aware Moose has a great set of headset (forget the name)and he was stabbed by Garv and Raze while using them. Raze has a set and he was stabbed by Garv and others. And what about everybody else are we not gonna get your tag either or do we not matter. Remember we can join you now you have the nat fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If it was mod to the controller to include rapid fire or something else that wasn't already available as standard, then I would agree. However, since it doesn't actually do anything other than allow you to use a higher in-game sensitivity level, I would be reluctant to discribe it as cheating.

In golfing terms, it would be like using a Big Berta driver. You still have to know how to drive the ball but it's a little more forgiving on mistakes :D

I couldn't disagree more!

But Fire Ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Picked up a set of Turtle Beach X11s. Make some difference. I can confidently predict I will NEVER lose my tags to raze or garv again!:D

fancy 42" telly
    fancy headset
    fancy aiming targets

24 june il have your tags AGAIN with my 10" telly and the britney headset:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got playing some of this again on Friday night. There was lots of me getting blapped and swearing at the telly, but there was also a reasonable bit of me defending a capture point quite effectively until a tank rolled in and my team weren't anywhere to be seen to help me out :)

Then on Saturday night, I had a split screen session of MW2 at a mates house (on a projector, we all had the equivalent of a 40" screen each!) and tbh, gotta admit that the lack of this option in BC2 means it's just not gonna get played that often. I can't get my head around why Halo 3 seems to be the only game that allows system link + split screen for lan party fun.

Never = until after the exams cos he thinks Garv can't use the xbox till then and he thinks Raze is not playing battlefield anymore.

Your aware Moose has a great set of headset (forget the name)and he was stabbed by Garv and Raze while using them. Raze has a set and he was stabbed by Garv and others. And what about everybody else are we not gonna get your tag either or do we not matter. Remember we can join you now you have the nat fixed

yeah raze uses the headset and he lost em 17 times 2 me alone :p i got moose a few times aswel whilst he was using the heatset.
    I was using the headset today.
    the sounds great
    but when your in CQB they're no good to try and defend your tags with.
    or if your sniping and your team is spawning on you eventualy you just forget about the footsteps because its them running past you and your left open to be stabbed. you cant play the game and be spinning around everytime you hear a sound on the headset coz most of the time it will be a squad member.

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    I got playing some of this again on Friday night. There was lots of me getting blapped and swearing at the telly, but there was also a reasonable bit of me defending a capture point quite effectively until a tank rolled in and my team weren't anywhere to be seen to help me out :).

Yeah if you get a good squad your away and a hack and you know you can rely on them when the chips are down unless of course they are tag hunting.

was just on stats verse there comparing a few people and checking out my stuff.
    Ive only 3hours 15 played
    my most used weapon is the knife at 496.
    :D:D
    i like my knife

alot of ye have double and tripple the amount of time played.
    I really gotta catch up over the summer :D

eres my tasg list 2 which i can brag about :D

1 cableguy 18
    2 dunworth 17
    2 raze 17
    4 cyco 9
    5 royal irish 6
    6 aahhttoo 6(gold):D
    7 screw2loose 5
    8 moose 4
    8 westwind 4
    8 miju 4
    8 scope 4
    12 schiffpatrick 3(gold):D
    12 lenny 3
    14 kev 2
    14 brk3 2
    14 will i am not 2
    14 SnA reflect 2(gold) that D**khead from the clan match.
    14 galway dave 2
    14 colin 2
    14 toast 2

and im pretty sure every1 else x1 cept the cocky guy who didnt accept yet whos " unreallll " and has the best clan on the game

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Don't worry cableguy Im sure you'll get my tags as well. I just mentioned the two lads as their knives seem to be magnetically attracted to me.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know what else sucks, since I'm here and in a whinging mood, you can't change the controls. That's just frakin' lame. This sorta thing is just completely unacceptable to me as a PC player with the ability to tweak and customise almost every aspect of my interfacing with a game. I wanted to give a serious shooter a go on a console, but it looks like I really picked the wrong one :(

Bad form Dice. Also, given Dice are doing the multiplayer for the new MoH out later this year, I'm wondering if it'll be the same?

Sorry, rant over, I'll just have to get it into my head that knifey-knifey isn't and never will be RS :)

Kharn wrote: »
    You know what else sucks, since I'm here and in a whinging mood, you can't change the controls. That's just frakin' lame. This sorta thing is just completely unacceptable to me as a PC player with the ability to tweak and customise almost every aspect of my interfacing with a game. I wanted to give a serious shooter a go on a console, but it looks like I really picked the wrong one :(

Yeah the controls take a bit getting used to especially if your used to MW2 at the start when i was stabbing someone in BC2 i was always crouching down instead of stabbing.

• Advertisement

Yeah the controls take a bit getting used to especially if your used to MW2 at the start when i was stabbing someone in BC2 i was always crouching down instead of stabbing.

Im the same i still swing the knife instead of throwing a granade
    i was mw2 madddddd
    so its hard to get the controls outa your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Still happens me, as i play mw2 on lan.... i'll run up behind someone, go to knife them, then DOH wrong button, "oh hi i wasn't going to stab you i swear" BANG... and i'm left thinking at least he didn't stab me, wha a nice guy :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    and im pretty sure every1 else x1 cept the cocky guy who didnt accept yet whos " unreallll " and has the best clan on the game

that's a pity, was looking forward to teaching him a lesson in humility ;)

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more!

But Fire Ahead.

Ok, you've got my attention. I'm open to hear your view on the matter.

How do you feel about headsets? Is that cheating too? They certainly provide the player with an edge over non-users.

Like the thumbstick extension, they only allow the player to maximise what's already available to the player within the constructs of the game.

The sounds are there already, just not audible by most players without the headsets.

I'm interested to hear your view on this and certainly open to having my mind changed on the matter.

I dont think the thumbstick extensions are the same as rapid-fire controllers. The rapid fire controllers allow an unrealistic rate of fire where the extensions allow an improved feel(easy!!:rolleyes:). If you dont have the skill the extensions wont do much for you but no one could ever develop the skill to fire as quickly as the rapid fire controllers allow.
    By the way we had a great laugh last night. I entered a squad rush with some randomers. It quickly became clear that that they were boosting. Both teams stood around the objectives arming and disarming. Cue much knifing and rocket fire. Garv joined in and it was great craic. They were getting annoyed and eventually quit. They will still be on my recent list so I may join them again later.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How do you feel about headsets? Is that cheating too? They certainly provide the player with an edge over non-users.

Like the thumbstick extension, they only allow the player to maximise what's already available to the player within the constructs of the game.

The sounds are there already, just not audible by most players without the headsets.

I'm interested to hear your view on this and certainly open to having my mind changed on the matter.

I think Moose we should have a blind deaf and dumb Knives and pistol night some night just to find out who's top dog lol. Blind folds and ear plugs at the ready :D

You have modded your controller to give yourself a competitive edge, I see that as cheating, I aint here to change your mind.

You have modded your controller to give yourself a competitive edge, I see that as cheating, I aint here to change your mind.

i dont see a problem with you using it but its the same as the modded controller but not to the same level.
    I use level 10 sensitivity so i dont know what my advantage of using these things would do? would there be any?
    some people can use their handguns without rapid fire and you could mistake them for rapid fire because their fingers are so fast

but i would say the dot of tippex or the stickers on screen are more cheating than using these extensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Using the target stickers on screen I see as cheating. Whats the point in playing in hardcore if people are using them.

I think Moose we should have a blind deaf and dumb Knives and pistol night some night just to find out who's top dog lol. Blind folds and ear plugs at the ready :D

That's genuinely funny :D

Perhaps we should play on the night map too, sun in the eyes could put some people off too ;)

• Advertisement

Using the target stickers on screen I see as cheating. Whats the point in playing in hardcore if people are using them.

I play hardcore because you dont have to shoot someone with a whole clip to the head to kill them. and theres no killcam type of thing, and theres no tagging.

That's a valid point, tipex dot has been removed. Besides, was just trying to play Alan Wake and the dot was driving me crazy!

That's genuinely funny :D

Perhaps we should play on the night map too, sun in the eyes could put some people off too ;)
    moose why would the night map make a difference if every1 was blindfolded?:p:p

garv123 wrote: »
    but i would say the dot of tippex or the stickers on screen are more cheating than using these extensions.

Tippex on the screen.
    Heard it all now.

Tippex on the screen.
    Heard it all now.

people playin hardcore mw2 put lines of tape to judge the grenade launchers

Thats it! I refuse to join any matches unless an independant judge has inspected everyones xboxes, controllers and screens. This is serious business,peoples lives are at stake!:D
    I dont think a lot of these things are cheating,im still not sure about the screen targets as it happens. I think if you dont have the skills nothing is going help.
    Boosting is another thing. I personally would get no satisfaction from achieving a high rank without earning it.

Thats it! I refuse to join any matches unless an independant judge has inspected everyones xboxes, controllers and screens. This is serious business,peoples lives are at stake!:D
    I dont think a lot of these things are cheating,im still not sure about the screen targets as it happens. I think if you dont have the skills nothing is going help.
    Boosting is another thing. I personally would get no satisfaction from achieving a high rank without earning it.

Boosting is a definite no-go area... can't stand that lark. In the last few weeks of playing MW2 before BFBC2 came out, all I did was booster hunting. Used to follow them from game to game and harass them. It was great fun ruining their little booster parties :D

Anyone up for a good long session of BFBC2 tonight?

il b on for a lil bit later on. headin in2 study early in the mornin so i wont b on late :mad:

i got 5+ kills with a rpg yesterday
    fired it into the mcom station when they were disarming it.
    cudnt believe it
    500 odd points

• Advertisement

Yeah be on around 930

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement