Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lets end the bickering here. Ye killed first, I know because I was the first one killed. Then i just started shooting for the fun of it.

We're all on a message board about a game we all play, we can't take the piss outta each others social lives.

We haven quit we just need more time to practice as a clan for clan games, online against randomers we clean up, against organized clans with strategies we suck.

We're a new clan and need to work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SnA Reflect

Yeah, it just takes some practice and you'll get some strats down. Only thing that sucks, though, is that it probably wont make another season on gb so you might as well just jump in and play before itz gone foreverz. Conquest is where it's at imo. More strategy than rush. Not taking anything away, but they are just two different game types with one being more straightforward than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yeah, it just takes some practice and you'll get some strats down. Only thing that sucks, though, is that it probably wont make another season on gb so you might as well just jump in and play before itz gone foreverz. Conquest is where it's at imo. More strategy than rush. Not taking anything away, but they are just two different game types with one being more straightforward than the other.

Hey Reflect, welcome to boards.

My ass is still a bit sore from the last time I played you... and I asked you to be gentle ;)

How are you doing on GB at the moment?

We haven't played on GB in ages, mostly due to the fact that we have way too much fun squading up in regular hardcore matches and like Raze said, we really need to practice before playing competitively on GB again.

We also found it really hard to play against US based teams due to lag from their US based servers. The last match we had, can't remember who it was against, after the second lag test was still bad we just decided to play anyway because we were sick of waiting around. In future we will have to make sure to play European teams of equal experience.

Anyway, welcome to Boards... generally a very friendly place... although expect to get flamed if you humiliate us again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Raze is right. There is no need to be getting worked up over this. I know people were pissed off because we had our asses handed to us. Me I didnt really care one way or another. The reason it happened was no surprise. Those guys were organized and experienced. They had a clear plan and everyone knew their part in that plan.
    If a clan is to be successful it requires a certain level of dedication and work. If people are prepared to put in the time they will get the benefit. If people are more inclined towards meeting up for some casual games for a laugh with some familiar heads thats cool too.
    From what I can make out on gamebattles these guys beat the top ranked (at the time at least) SoA clan. No shame in losing our first ever competive match to a clan of that standard. No point in resorting to bitching about it. If people want to continue playing competitively start practising and competing. There are some solid members of the clan who if organised and practised could hold their own against most teams. (Notice I said THEIR OWN as I dont include myself in that!Garv was watching me play yesterday and was amazed at the amount of rounds that could be fired without actualy killing anyone!:D)
    Move on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

cycocycle wrote: »
    Garv was watching me play yesterday and was amazed at the amount of rounds that could be fired without actualy killing anyone!:D

200 from point blank to be exact:p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

My entire team was like "who are these randoms and why are they killing us?" lol I told my guys not to kill,
    You may have told them that. But if I recall it was two of your guys who popped into the tank your whole team was killing us as we were trying to arm crates to get about the 10th lag test of the match out of the way.

Garv was watching me play yesterday and was amazed at the amount of rounds that could be fired without actualy killing anyone!:D)
    Move on people.

ROFL come on cycocycle your not that bad, I've seen you run rampage through a base a few times on one man killing sprees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

!Garv was watching me play yesterday and was amazed at the amount of rounds that could be fired without actualy killing anyone!:D).

Yeah that was happening to me Tuesday. You might need a break from it.
    I took a break last night and played a few other games. Just stick in Red dead or something else.

miju wrote: »
    ROFL come on cycocycle your not that bad, I've seen you run rampage through a base a few times on one man killing sprees.

u shuould try turning down the sensitivity down abit.
    you were hip firing and when your on 100% sensitivity hip fire is a b*lls because it just bounces back and forth way too fast towards the way you're used to having the gun up with sights.
    i tired it yesterday and it worked out alot better.

Yeah, I've noticed that upping my sensitivity has made my upclose no-scoping very difficult.

On a lighter note...

I've just reached level 40... that means I now have gold tags! Now to spend the rest of my time hiding with my back to a wall! :D

• Advertisement

I've just reached level 40... that means I now have gold tags! Now to spend the rest of my time hiding with my back to a wall! :D

squad deathmatch tonight

4v4v4v1

guess who's on the team by himself:D:D

I'm willing to bet your plan is the exact same as to what I'm planning when I turn gold!

Will be back online sunday...can't bloody wait

Congrats Moose

And on a seperate issue altogether how about we arrange a knife only match tonight. Everybody welcome. You did say the other night that you wanted to do this again soon.

Congrats Moose

And on a seperate issue altogether how about we arrange a knife only match tonight. Everybody welcome. You did say the other night that you wanted to do this again soon.

I sure would be up for this.
    wont be on for long though but il pop on when ye're all goin on.

shotguns (without slugs) and handguns would be a good match too and i know people are looking for that badge for the kills using shotguns..

garv123 wrote: »
    I sure would be up for this.
    wont be on for long though but il pop on when ye're all goin on.

ssshh Garv it's a ploy to get moose on so we can grab his tag easily now that he is gold

If people want to have a shotgun game i don't mind have to get my stats up on these guns anyway.

I'm gonna go outta my way to grab them off you tonight and pop your golden cherry LOL

If people want to have a shotgun game i don't mind have to get my stats up on these guns anyway.

Yeah I'd be up for that. Got about another 300 kills to go for the shotgun badge, nearly have all stars on the shotguns as well, just need to get the gadget shotgun one for assault class (jesus that gun sucks :( )

I shall, hence, forth be hiding my online status ;)

Can't knife me if you can't find my server :D

Seriously though, not sure if I'll be on later tonight. Probably be on from now till 7 or so.

oh crap... just noticed it's now 240,000 points to the next level!!!

I shall, hence, forth be hiding my online status ;)

Can't knife me if you can't find my server :D QUOTE=TheMooseInNam

I have a cunning plan to get around this and when Raze does the same.

Seriously though, not sure if I'll be on later tonight. Probably be on from
    now till 7 or so. [QUOTE=TheMooseInNam

Damn looks like I won't get a chance to get your tags tonight .

I know moose's ploy as it's virtually the exact same as me for when i turn gold, it will not be easy to get his tags. I loathe shotguns and thankfully never have to use them again :D

I know moose's ploy as it's virtually the exact same as me for when i turn gold, it will not be easy to get his tags. I loathe shotguns and thankfully never have to use them again :D

another good bit of fun there. myself cyco cableguy donworth nd royal just basically dominated all the maps.
    good games when everyones talking and letting eachother know where the enemy is at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

another good bit of fun there. myself cyco cableguy donworth nd royal just basically dominated all the maps.
    good games when everyones talking and letting eachother know where the enemy is at

was fun until my connection went to ****e

looks like it's level 41 for gold tag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sure with your thumb upgrades, you'll be there in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

What are thumb up grades anyway?

They could come in handy for me. I had to stop playing last night as I keep losing power in my left thumb from an old injury.

What are thumb up grades anyway?

They could come in handy for me. I had to stop playing last night as I keep losing power in my left thumb from an old injury.

from what i can gather is that there just extentions to the two sticks which allow more emovement

from what i can gather is that there just extentions to the two sticks which allow more emovement

Exactly, they just double the length of the thumbsticks. I only use one on the right stick. After using it for around a week now I've come to realize that it doesn't really allow me to aim any quicker, just means I can turn around faster, which is pretty handy when I hear someone sneaking up behind me!

In BFBC2, I used to use the sensitivity set to around 30-40%, now I have it up to around 70-80%. At 100% I find it way to jumpy still.

Excellent I'll be the first to claim your tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

guys i will be away of the weekend so sadly wont be on. till Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

I feel left out now :( havnt been on alot lately. But for solving the sneaking up on people problem i suggest 5.1 surround sound only problem is it can sound pretty real and for awhile you'll be turning around on your couch in fear of really being stabbed.

• Advertisement

just got myself 6 gold tags off 3 people with 5 swings of my knife.
    2 kills with 1 stab 2 gold tags.
    camping side by side on the island map as 2 enginers firing rockets into our spawn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement