Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I think we were all getting tired by the time of the last game except screw to loose who was pulling off amazing shots all night some from miles away with the M9 .. If I could do half those shots you pulled off. We had some epic battles on the top of the consturction site where the helicopter spawns once it got so hectic that Garv just was shooting anyone and before he realized he had shot myself and killed Raze and we were on his team but he did revive him. Pity he didn't revive me when he ran me over in the tank.

I missed the slagging off of each other that we normally get when we were in a party but I think the squad talk was fun and of course the other team can't hear you which helps. I remember telling Raze that they were down below him and he gave out to me cos he thought we were still in party chat mode

Any way in the normal rush game I noticed a big difference to my score now that you get kills in death. Good old anti tank mines:D.

the roof of that construction site was redicilious.
    and the roof of the last base.
    i was using the crap handgun to get kills up on it and i forgot it doesnt count :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

On another note, I now have all weapons , including gadets on at least bronze star but the award for all weapons bronze star hasnt unlucked FFS :([/QUOTE]

Just checking did you unlock the M1 and get bronze on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

On another note, I now have all weapons , including gadets on at least bronze star but the award for all weapons bronze star hasnt unlucked FFS :(

Just checking did you unlock the M1 and get bronze on that.[/QUOTE]

I just got the bronze for all weapons :D

I really hate that M1 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just noticed something weird, my knife stats have stuck at 671 but I have 820 tags. Anyone else showing weird stats like that?
    I have noticed it alright, tags in private games don't officially count as kills. I've 1260 tags, 803 unique but my knife only registers 1071 stabs.

I have noticed it alright, tags in private games don't officially count as kills. I've 1260 tags, 803 unique but my knife only registers 1071 stabs.

That would explain it. Thanks

• Advertisement

I really hate that M1 :mad:

I like it. Probably cos I used it in Battlefield 1943. It's not the worse gun.

That would explain it. Thanks
    I've nearly a platinum amount of stabs more than you :-)

I've nearly a platinum amount of stabs more than you :-)

Yet, it's those two extra tags that I have over you that really matters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

great games last night lads. Really was in some form for some reason. Went 112 to 36 in the first game and 124 - 54 in the second. not to shabby at all. Lost it a bit in the second game but I think that was because I was tired. i think the increase in my kills could possibly be down to the new headphones, but who knows

And I can confirm I do not have any marks on my tv raze, its a LCD so I would not put anything on the screen for fear it wouldn't come off.:rolleyes:

Don't think i will be on the next few nights so people won't be dying as much.:D
    Should be on sunday for most of the day though.

it sucks that the only thing that counts out of all these knife and pistol matches are the tags.
    we're not boosting like so it sucks.
    if we all just join squad deathmatch nd play the way we used too wud be fun aswel.
    small maps.. still easy to knife.

oh and screw a whiteboard marker wipes off with your finger.
    perhaps a better idea than moose's tippex :p
    i tried it for a while but it just got annoyin when you wernt playin the game.
    and it didnt line up on all guns and it doesnt work when your firing when your turning because then gun goes to the side slightly.
    handy for no scoping up close.
    i used it when i was using that medic gun that has the scope on it with no dot but they said its fixed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I know we are not boosting but private matches make boosting easier for people who want to do it. One team stands still while the other team racks up the kills/stats. If that were allowed everyone playing would be maxed out in their stats.
    I wouldnt but thats because I would just get bored after a while. I like playing the game for the laugh. I have certain weapons that I like and Im not going to start using weapons/classes I dont like to improve some stats. Besides it would take me too long. Judging by last nights performance I dont think the opposition standing still would even help me. Talk about firing wildly.
    I would empty a whole clip in someones direction and still get stabbed!
    I should get a Wii :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Maybe we could try are shotguns and knives game sometime, without the shotgun sniping turned on of course.

Just an idea.

Maybe we could try are shotguns and knives game sometime, without the shotgun sniping turned on of course.

Just an idea.

Yeah, that sounds good.

We need to play smaller maps though. How can we do that?

Yeah, that sounds good.

We need to play smaller maps though. How can we do that?

ohhh yaaaa i say it a few pages back and no1 listens but when raze says it ye're up for it :p:p

we used have pretty good games and good laughs playin squad death matches with a few people dotted around on different teams.
    meant you always had to have your ears open for the knife in the back.
    i found that better crack than the pistols and knives anyway

garv123 wrote: »
    ohhh yaaaa i say it a few pages back and no1 listens but when raze says it ye're up for it :p:p

we used have pretty good games and good laughs playin squad death matches with a few people dotted around on different teams.
    meant you always had to have your ears open for the knife in the back.
    i found that better crack than the pistols and knives anyway

It was Royal that said it ;)

I much prefer deathmatches to rush now... and lovin' Nelson Bay's deathmatch map. Played White Pass after Nelson Bay and thought it was brighter since the update. Maybe I just imagined that though.

It was Royal that said it ;)

I much prefer deathmatches to rush now... and lovin' Nelson Bay's deathmatch map. Played White Pass after Nelson Bay and thought it was brighter since the update. Maybe I just imagined that though.
    nope defo mine when ye wer givin out bout the shotgun challanges nd miju was te only 1 up for it

nope defo mine when ye wer givin out bout the shotgun challanges nd miju was te only 1 up for it

lol I meant Royal just posted it this evening, not Raze! :D

Just booked a flight to Spain for Saturday morning, so I'll be gone for a week... no gaming for a week! I'll probably crack up :D

Three days in Seville and the four days by the beach...

Do they have gaming centres in Spain??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

ill be in portugal this day week in the mighty algarve cant ****ing wait

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

I had a terrible second match last night. Was way too tired to focus on the screen. Garv certainly capitalised on my poor performance! He must have got my tags at least 10 times.

Regardless, it was great fun and thoroughly enjoyable :D

Raze, I've yours 22 times, that's +2 to me :D Why is it that I don't mind who else has my tags or how many times. It must have something to do with the fact that you're trashing me in total knife kills... I don't have a competitive nature... honestly...

Poor Mperrozzi (xII TRiicKz xII), gave up his tags four times in the first few minutes of the first match... guess he wasn't TRiicKzy enough... BOOM BOOM :D:D:D

my x11s were broken ( hahahaha i love having an excuse )

onslaught is out the 22nd of this month, no word on cost. It's in the ingame store so official release date

• Advertisement

Just booked a flight to Spain for Saturday morning, so I'll be gone for a week... no gaming for a week! I'll probably crack up :D

So will be at least next weekend when you get your gold tag
    Three days in Seville and the four days by the beach...

You lucky so and so

Posted by Kev
    ill be in portugal this day week in the mighty algarve cant ****ing wait

You lucky so and so too.

onslaught is out the 22nd of this month, no word on cost. It's in the ingame store so official release date

Any actual game footage of this yet.

Any actual game footage of this yet.

Check it out some footage here at Joystiq Xbox:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/battlefield-bad-company-2-gains-co-op-onslaught-mode-soon/

It's also been confirmed by EA that'll be 800 MS points and, as Raze said, confirmed release date of the 22nd.

Looking forward to this. Supposed to be very hard and you have to work as a team otherwise you'll be chilled in seconds. Hope the AI isn't stupid, like it GRAW2, and just keep running at you or that you'll be spotted too easily in cover, like in Far Cry 2!

Anyway, a change from the current game modes would be most welcome at the moment. Not to mention the relief of entering a game and not having to worry about one of you guys stabbing me in the back ;)

However, I really think it's time dice introduced some completely new maps instead of re-hashing the same ones over and over agin. I'd even love to see the original BC1 maps released. Surely that would be easy for them to do.

Check it out some footage here at Joystiq Xbox:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/battlefield-bad-company-2-gains-co-op-onslaught-mode-soon/

It's also been confirmed by EA that'll be 800 MS points and, as Raze said, confirmed release date of the 22nd.

Looking forward to this. Supposed to be very hard and you have to work as a team otherwise you'll be chilled in seconds. Hope the AI isn't stupid, like it GRAW2, and just keep running at you or that you'll be spotted too easily in cover, like in Far Cry 2!

Anyway, a change from the current game modes would be most welcome at the moment. Not to mention the relief of entering a game and not having to worry about one of you guys stabbing me in the back ;)

However, I really think it's time dice introduced some completely new maps instead of re-hashing the same ones over and over agin. I'd even love to see the original BC1 maps released. Surely that would be easy for them to do.

i'd like to see some new SD maps.
    small ones.

for real cqb where snipers have no chance kind of game.
    where you can take real advantage of shotguns and pistols.
    like scrapyard on mw2 or dome on call of duty world at war

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just checking did you unlock the M1 and get bronze on that.

No I havent unlocked the M1 garande because I'm not a veteran. Even though I'm level 52 which is max rank in Battlefield 1943 FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

In fairness I'm up for anything. I'm a bit of a whore I am :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I think Cableguy has the M1 unlocked. I seen him with one and was very tempted to shoot him just to try it, but decided not too.

800 points isn so bad. New maps are sorely needed. Also dice are doing the online stuff for moh so it should be good

miju wrote: »
    No I havent unlocked the M1 garande because I'm not a veteran. Even though I'm level 52 which is max rank in Battlefield 1943 FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Miju have you linked battlefield 1943 to your solider on the offical bad company website cos thats all I had to do and I only got into battlefield 1943 at the end and my ranking was no where near 52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think you get the M1 if you've registered BF2 and BF1943 on the official site..I got it and I hardly ever play 1943.

One weapon I haven't seen in the game is the Japanese Machine gun from the first mission ? Is that an unlockable ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement