Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

[

And yes i know i killed you last night Garv but i apologized straight away and anyway I was told/asked to spawn on Cyco he was in the middle of a firefight but still have no idea why you tried to kill me when I was giving you ammo.

you jumped up behind me and i was looking at the ground and just saw legs standing beside me :D

they were coming from everywhere for me on that map.
    got abou 25 kills in that spot
    i ran out of ammo twice at that stage :L
    left with no rockets or pp2000 ammo just me my knife and tracer darts:rolleyes:

sittin dere lookin at 3 of them with no bullets. i was gonna try and make them surrender before they found out i'd an empty clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Just got a chance to play my first game since getting back from holidays last Saturday. Got my ass handed to me in a deathmatch on White Pass :( I'm putting it down to lack of practice ;)

Can anyone confirm if Onslaught Mode is out today? Lots of rumours that it's getting it's US release today and EU release tomorrow (or is that just on PSN).

Looking forward to having a few games with you all

I posted a link with details a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

garv123 wrote: »

i ran out of ammo twice at that stage :L
    left with no rockets or pp2000 ammo just me my knife and tracer darts:rolleyes:
    sittin dere lookin at 3 of with no bullets. i was gonna try and make them surrender before i found out i'd an empty clip.

You could have sent them a message saying don't shoot me I have no ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Has anyone tried the new onslaught mode yet? Looking forward to trying this out with some boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

JD1763 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new onslaught mode yet? Looking forward to trying this out with some boardsies

Gonna get Onslaught mode later!

Make a return to the Battlefield for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Well, the release dates of either 22nd or 23rd of June for Onslaught Mode on the 360 has now officially changed to "NEAR FUTURE"!!!

Just read it on the Battlefield Blog. It's out tomorrow in Europe for the PS3.

Anyone care to speculate on the time frame of "near future"???

Can't believe I played a few hours of MW2 today to see what those new maps were like, thinking that after Onslaught comes out I'd probably never put it back in the drive again! :(

Can't believe I played a few hours of MW2 today to see what those new maps were like, thinking that after Onslaught comes out I'd probably never put it back in the drive again! :(

And what did you think of them

And what did you think of them

Same as all the other maps, close quarters cage fighting with automatic weapons ;)

Two of the maps are from MW1, I think and two new ones. I really liked one set in an old fairground. Quite open but with lots of cover and loads of colours splashed everywhere which made it hard to spot targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

sry bout party chat tonight tried to connect a good few times and it gave me a netowkr problems error? random!

anyway i suck at pistols lol

Onslaught will be released tomorrow the 24th on Xbox Live marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Onslaught will be released tomorrow the 24th on Xbox Live marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.

Great... but kinda typical... I'm starting back to work tomorrow afternoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Onslaught mode will drag me back into this game for a bit, been gone for awhile but my trigger finger is still as sharp as ever. You see me online tomorrow send us an invite. Would love to take it on with a squad from boards.

GT: will i am not

Log in to the store in BFBC2 and you'll be asked to download Multiplayer 2 Upadate, 467MB.

I assume the update allows you to access Onslaught then.

I'm at 7% and counting...

does this update do anything else do you know.

downloading it now should have it in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

not goimg to get on at all to night my brother has the xbox while i was in portugal so hell have it forawhile.
    question do u have to pay for onslaught

naughto wrote: »
    not goimg to get on at all to night my brother has the xbox while i was in portugal so hell have it forawhile.
    question do u have to pay for onslaught

yes 800 points

thanks dunworth will get it to morrow

naughto wrote: »
    thanks dunworth will get it to morrow

if your buying points game have 1200 for 12.99. thats where i got mine today for it, its the mw2 pack 1200 points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

So what ya all think of onslaught mode so, have managed to complete two of the maps on hardcore so far but it's tough.Will make squad practice and FINALLY you can set up a 1 player game to explore maps and fly helcopters :)

miju wrote: »
    So what ya all think of onslaught mode so, have managed to complete two of the maps on hardcore so far but it's tough.Will make squad practice and FINALLY you can set up a 1 player game to explore maps and fly helcopters :)

I posted this in the onslaught thread but just for you Miju here ya go.

Was playing this last night with Dunworth and Raze and some random guy for a while. The enemy seem to have impressive shooting on there way down in the parachutes. You really need your team to have all mics. The Random guy hadn't got a mic or didn't understand us.(He was from Sweden)
    After a few games somebody had a great idea to start the level on hardcoremad.gif and f me there is a big difference they are much better and much smarter and seem to surrond you as well. Then Garv joined so at least we knew we could rely on every member of the team.

For those who haven't played, Onslaught is like conquest mode in that you have to capture the flag and then defend it and see how quick you can do all of that.
    I enjoyed it and will play it again just to get a better time.
    Is it worth the money. I am a bit unsure of this, yes it good, yes i will play it again but it's the same maps just the flags in different positions and i feel if they made it 400 points that would have been much better (or even 400 points if your a VIP) but i don't regret buying it.

• Advertisement

After a few games somebody had a great idea to start the level on hardcoremad.gif and f me there is a big difference they are much better and much smarter and seem to surrond you as well. Then Garv joined so at least we knew we could rely on every member of the team.

For those who haven't played, Onslaught is like conquest mode in that you have to capture the flag and then defend it and see how quick you can do all of that.
    I enjoyed it and will play it again just to get a better time.
    Is it worth the money. I am a bit unsure of this, yes it good, yes i will play it again but it's the same maps just the flags in different positions and i feel if they made it 400 points that would have been much better (or even 400 points if your a VIP) but i don't regret buying it.

your forgetting about raze?
    you cant rely on him;)
    you missed out on some funny games when you left lastight.
    myself raze and cyco wer playing it.
    and of course we had some friendly banter for the night;)
    i taut we wer gonna ave to call an ambulance for cyco if he didnt stop laughing.

raze the achievement whore decided to be the spawn point and fecked off then and came back an hour later just to claim the achievement at the end of the game after me nd cyco doin all the work.

i dont know is it worth the money.
    there robbing you again by not giving you new maps.
    just changin the game mode
    they are veryy good on hardcore and the g3 wil kill you in two shots off a parachute. the engineers have a unlimited supply of rockets and you need two people in a tank to keep it alive for more than a minute, and someone repairing it.
    they also made it pretty anti-sniping by fogging up the maps.

Only got to play Onslaught for about an hour last night but plan on having a bash tonight and possibly all tomorrow afternoon, if I can. I had a great first impression of it. I suppose time will tell if I keep going back to it.

Getting excited about the BFBC2 Vietnam expansion pack! Been waiting a long time for a decent Vietnam based game to come out!!!

I absolutely agree about the lack of new maps too! Rehashing the same old maps constantly just seems like they're cheating us out of points. I even wouldn't mind paying for new maps, if I was given the option to.

have well managed to finish all the onslaught levels in hardcore mode at this stage. have even done a few single handedly :)getting a bit bored of it now tbh but it is great for practising aim as a sniper, am popping head shots left right and centre within seconds of each other thanks to some practice on onslaught mode.ANNNNND I've finally figured out how to REALLY fly that apache like those others who are unstoppable they fly and turn so fast (there really is a very simple knack to it), theres even a way of flying the gunships as quick and agile as the apaches as well, so if anyone fancies a jaunt with me as a gunner and doing some serious team raping just shout :)

have well managed to finish all the onslaught levels in hardcore mode at this stage. have even done a few single handedly :)getting a bit bored of it now tbh but it is great for practising aim as a sniper, am popping head shots left right and centre within seconds of each other thanks to some practice on onslaught mode.ANNNNND I've finally figured out how to REALLY fly that apache like those others who are unstoppable they fly and turn so fast (there really is a very simple knack to it), theres even a way of flying the gunships as quick and agile as the apaches as well, so if anyone fancies a jaunt with me as a gunner and doing some serious team raping just shout :)

Great UAV and Chopper now as well

Mental note if playing against MIJU leave right away

must buy the 800 points to day and give onslought a go.got me silf a new 28in tv for the xbox for my birthday at the wekend as well so will try it out later.

we will have a new member to the clan shortly my brother has bought him self a xbox so i told him to get battlefield and to join boards/and or clan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Hi Cableguy

Paddyvilla here :) will be on tonight if your around..

Paddyvilla here

Lads new member, He is a member of boards for a while but never saw the thread saw me playing the other night and asked about the clan tag. I told him about us and to post here.
    By the way Raze you could have stabbed him a few nights ago but you stabbed me instead.

guys i wont be playing till the weekend a least.

but i want to be kept up-to-date here on boards

Hi Cableguy

Paddyvilla here :) will be on tonight if your around..

Hi Paddy, as each member of the clan reads your post they are already drooling at the prospect of knifing ya and claiming your dogtags :D Raze will probably make a small mess in his pants when he realizes theres new blood to be had :D

LOL I've always loved the air vehicles in Battlefield especially the planes in 1943, why fight on the ground when you fight from far away :-p Though shouldnt be that bad, OK UAV raping fair enough, but all I can do in the chopper is fly and fire missiles to take out tanks, need a decent gunner to do some serious raping of infantry and I aint been able to find one yet. :(

• Advertisement

Hi Paddy, as each member of the clan reads your post they are already drooling at the prospect of knifing ya and claiming your dogtags :D Raze will probably make a small mess in his pants when he realizes theres new blood to be had :D

LOL I've always loved the air vehicles in Battlefield especially the planes in 1943, why fight on the ground when you fight from far away :-p Though shouldnt be that bad, OK UAV raping fair enough, but all I can do in the chopper is fly and fire missiles to take out tanks, need a decent gunner to do some serious raping of infantry and I aint been able to find one yet. :(

im not so great in tanks and choppers in the driver seat but i do do alot of damage in the gunner seats:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement