Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

What's our tag count at the moment Raze? I know I have you 22 times, have you got me more?

checking out the stats there and you've got Raze 22 times and he has you 20 times.

Have decided when I go gold I'm not going near the UAV as thats the only place you ****ers get me :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Tag hunting is an addiction, like any other. There's a narrow line between recreational tag hunting and obsessive-complusive tag hoarding! ;)

How to recognise when your tag hunting has gone too far:

1. Whenever you see an opponent with their back to you at up to 100m, you immediately sprint towards them in the hope that they won't turn around!
    2. Instead of unloading your weapon when entering a new room, you find yourself sprinting straight at your opponent with your knife drawn and a crazy look in your eye!
    3. As soon as you join a new game, you check to see if there are any level 41+ players on the opposite team worthy of scalping!
    4. You find yourself commenting to your friends in between matches that you didn't get any tags in that game :(
    5. You'll stab any opponent given the opportunity but only gold tags truly satisfy your blood lust!
    6. The lightweight perk makes sense to you!

Please feel free to add your own...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Tag hunting is an addiction, like any other. There's a narrow line between recreational tag hunting and obsessive-complusive tag hoarding! ;)

1. Whenever you see an opponent with their back to you at up to 100m, you immediately sprint towards them in the hope that they won't turn around! No
    2. Instead of unloading your weapon when entering a new room, you find yourself sprinting straight at your opponent with your knife drawn and a crazy look in your eye! No unless they are close by
    3. As soon as you join a new game, you check to see if there are any level 41+ players on the opposite team worthy of scalping! yep
    4. You find yourself commenting to your friends in between matches that you didn't get any tags in that game :(Kind of
    5. You'll stab any opponent given the opportunity but only gold tags truly satisfy your blood lust! No anyone will do

7. You have over 1000 tags

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

# As soon as you join a new game, you check to see if there are any level 41+ players on the opposite team worthy of scalping! yep

Really??? OK, so it's a long way for me before I'm addicted LOL. I never even once looked at opponent ranks. Only how many of them are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Had a good game with Kev there last night/this morning.

Me, Kev and some random dude versus six of em. It was the Port Valdez map and we were attacking. We got lucky a few time and have to admit used the C4 method twice but the other team must have been so P1ssed that the 3 of us won against them. Good Fun. Had some laughs in all the games, Especially Royal making sure Raze was dead. Seems to be harder to find game with a decent amount of people in it, it stuck Me,Kev and Shoovelt00th in a game against one guy earlier last night.

its was some craic 6 against 3 is ****er god knows how many times i got to arm the bomb just to be sniped as the bar was filling up even if we took out 3 or 4 before we armed it they allways had more.
    for the 3 of us to beat 6 of them took some doing its notlike they where messing around they where serious as hell.it just shows the benfit of the headsets and team work.
    should be on earlier this week as my gfriend is on nights this week.

we a shoud try and get a pistols and knifes game going with rase and moose on the same team,

• Advertisement

tamlinek wrote: »
    Really??? OK, so it's a long way for me before I'm addicted LOL. I never even once looked at opponent ranks. Only how many of them are there.

Excellent we can put you on Raze and Moose team tonight and you can protect them. Garv you haven't got his tag either so you will have 2 targets And when i say protect them i mean throw yourself in front of the knife as they are stabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Well, I guess I need to add a clan tag in game (can I can I ;)), I'm definitely staying. When I started BC2 I knew straight from the beginning, that I will prefer it (as an old ET player it's rather understandable) to MW2. After a while I became angry when playing with some idiots turning Rush into Team Deatchmatch, angry because of lack of cooperation and communication. And then I went looking for a bunch of players sticking together in game. And I found your thread on boards, I must say gaming fun factor increased since then drastically :)

Ah, and I got my second golden tag ever from Raze on Sunday I think. Or Saturday, doesn't really matter :)

you'l ave to put up the clan tag. wil l make stabing you in the back that lil bit better ;)
    and its IRL
    we have kev who like to be abit special who likes to have his 1st as irl and now IRE:p

garv123 wrote: »
    we have kev who like to be abit special who likes to have his 1st as irl and now IRE:p

Na he changed it last night to IRL

Excellent we can put you on Raze and Moose team tonight and you can protect them. Garv you haven't got his tag either so you will have 2 targets And when i say protect them i mean throw yourself in front of the knife as they are stabbed.

I don't think I'm fast enough to do it. But actually, why not? I play as medic most of the time anyway. Or eng, depends on the map. Although I had some good sniping this weekend on Valparaiso. And then Raze stabbed me. And then me stabbed him. And then he stabbed me again :cool:
    you'l ave to put up the clan tag. wil l make stabing you in the back that lil bit better ;)

I'll try to make it challenging.

BTW, are you playing any clan vs clan games?

1. Whenever you see an opponent with their back to you at up to 100m, you immediately sprint towards them in the hope that they won't turn around!
    2. Instead of unloading your weapon when entering a new room, you find yourself sprinting straight at your opponent with your knife drawn and a crazy look in your eye!
    3. As soon as you join a new game, you check to see if there are any level 41+ players on the opposite team worthy of scalping!
    4. You find yourself commenting to your friends in between matches that you didn't get any tags in that game :(
    5. You'll stab any opponent given the opportunity but only gold tags truly satisfy your blood lust!

ah i dont check the teams for tags but if i see one who killed me I'l prob go after him. wel before i would. i dont seem to be as tag crazy anymore.
    i must go after some of this new blood if we're all on sum night.

moose if my numer 1 target now.
    im pro not gonna use lightweight though. i got rzes 6 times without it and wasnt hunting him all night.
    wen i saw him i went after him but i shot him alot of the time too.
    usualy if i was hunting i wudnt use the gun at all.

oh nd miju i only got you once on the uav. the other 9 were all fair ;)

• Advertisement

I don't think I'm fast enough to do it. But actually, why not? I play as medic most of the time anyway. Or eng, depends on the map. Although I had some good sniping this weekend on Valparaiso. And then Raze stabbed me. And then me stabbed him. And then he stabbed me again :cool:

I'll try to make it challenging.

BTW, are you playing any clan vs clan games?

ah we tried that but its not fun at all.
    very hard to get games on hardocre.
    and the teams we did play we're all very well organised
    and spent more times doing lag tests.
    its wayyy better just all on having abita crack.
    the other clan teams dont know the meaning of that word.
    we we're running around like headliss chickens and they all basically had formations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

7. You have over 1000 tags

8. Your gamertag is Dunworth1

we we're running around like headliss chickens and they all basically had formations

Why not try this as well? Well, I'm not thinking about any league or anything of this sort, I don't have time for that. But some tournaments, if any, that could be fun :) This clan is basically Ireland national team, isn't it? If not soccer, why not BC. And I can be a naturalized Irish player (I'm not Irish yet :P)

Why not try this as well? Well, I'm not thinking about any league or anything of this sort, I don't have time for that. But some tournaments, if any, that could be fun :) This clan is basically Ireland national team, isn't it? If not soccer, why not BC. And I can be a naturalized Irish player (I'm not Irish yet :P)

because none of us listen to eachother. :rolleyes:

it a really hard to find games and on american servers the lag was terrile and they were at 3 in the morning..
    but hey if you wanna go find a european clan to play against go ahead, im sure noone here would have any other with that. I'd play anyway. but ask caleguy games arent easy to find

because none of us listen to eachother. :rolleyes:

That's a part of fun :)
    it a really hard to find games and on american servers the lag was terrile and they were at 3 in the morning..
    but hey if you wanna go find a european clan to play against go ahead, im sure noone here would have any other with that. I'd play anyway. but ask caleguy games arent easy to find

I will definitely think about something like that, I just need to bring my poor small netbook back to live (S.M.A.R.T. HDD failure). I boast around that nothing can hide from me on the net - and if something like this is there, I will find it. I just need time, and at work I don't feel really comfortable even sitting here, Big Brother is watching.

That's a part of fun :)

I will definitely think about something like that, I just need to bring my poor small netbook back to live (S.M.A.R.T. HDD failure). I boast around that nothing can hide from me on the net - and if something like this is there, I will find it. I just need time, and at work I don't feel really comfortable even sitting here, Big Brother is watching.

i remember on arica harbour we were attacking and no1 was to be recon only medics an engineers and we couldnt get near their ase so after 5 mins we were all recon

. but ask caleguy games arent easy to find

Cool , I want this Caleguy tags who ever he is.

Cool , I want this Caleguy tags who ever he is.

araaa shut itttt
    :p
    my typing skills arent the best today

araaa shut itttt
    :p
    my typing skills arent the best today

I think we both with cableguy understood ;) Tough night?

When I was looking for you I came across at least two UK based clans (incorporating also some Irish players). Maybe with them? But definitely not now, first I need to exploit every bit of fun there is in running like headless chickens :D

I think we both with cableguy understood ;) Tough night?

When I was looking for you I came across at least two UK based clans (incorporating also some Irish players). Maybe with them? But definitely not now, first I need to exploit every bit of fun there is in running like headless chickens :D

Oh dear.... here we go again... :D

• Advertisement

Oh dear.... here we go again... :D

its ok moose you prob wont cum on ever again to keep them tags safe;):rolleyes:
    every1s playing away waiting for your name to pop up.
    will you be brave enough to play a pistol and knife game?

its ok moose you prob wont cum on ever again to keep them tags safe;):rolleyes:
    every1s playing away waiting for your name to pop up.
    will you be brave enough to play a pistol and knife game?

Pistols and knives... sure, as long as you don't mind me using my pistol sized M249 SAW!!!

My internet at home has been terrible all weekend. I'll be on tonight for a marathon session if my connection has come back to worrking normally.

Pistols and knives... sure, as long as you don't mind me using my pistol sized M249 SAW!!!

My internet at home has been terrible all weekend. I'll be on tonight for a marathon session if my connection has come back to worrking normally.

miju seemed to mistake his pistol for that last time we played on nelson bay.
    it wil be 12-1 or maybe 2 if raze is on. a few stil have to hunt him.
    not many though ;)
    his tag keeping skills crumbled as soon as he got gold ;)

miju seemed to mistake his pistol for that last time we played on nelson bay.
    it wil be 12-1 or maybe 2 if raze is on. a few stil have to hunt him.
    not many though ;)
    his tag keeping skills crumbled as soon as he got gold ;)

How about me on one team, with what ever I want to use, against everyone else with just knives... see how long I last.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

How about me on one team, with what ever I want to use, against everyone else with just knives... see how long I last.... :D

That actually sounds like alot of fun. I bet you end up just hiding in a bush though.

all youd have to do is stand in a corner with the a 200 shot LMG
    :rolleyes:
    i was looking at my nemesis tags there. i havent been stabbed too much by clan members. dunworth has me 17 times, 2 of which were when no1 was ment to be stabbing when we wer fixing the teams.
    raze has me 13,
    cableguy & cyco 8
    brk 6
    screw 4
    miju 3
    moose 2

That actually sounds like alot of fun. I bet you end up just hiding in a bush though.

Hiding in a bush wouldn't be a good idea.

Need to be in a big wide open space with clear lines of sight and the M249 SAW or maybe the AK94 burst rifle, x4 scope so you'd have unlimited ammo ammo packs.

Does sound like a lot of fun though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

8. Your gamertag is Dunworth1

ok so maybe i have a little problem.

will be home Thursday so should be on Thursday night.

I'm sickened raze got his gold tags while i was away.
    i suppose i will have to make up for all the missed time :cool:

anyone online tonight? Might head on at bout 1 if i manage to finish work if these drunken f*uc*ers decide to get out

• Advertisement

anyone online tonight? Might head on at bout 1 if i manage to finish work if these drunken f*uc*ers decide to get out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement