Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I have tried the last few nights to get online but my connection seems to have gone to the dogs, keeps dropping out of games or disconnecting from xbox live. Have been on to the isp but they claim everything is fine with the connection and there should be no issues.

As far as i am aware nothing in the settings has been changed so it must be a problem on there end. So for the time being unfortunatly i wont be able to play. Hopefully they will realise its their problem and sort it out soon.:mad:

Go to this website and get a detailed read out of your connection at various times throughout the day. See how it varies for around now to how it performs at peak times (6pm-1am). This test will not just telll you your speeds but also how consistant your connection is too. All the info to beat your provider over the head with ;)

If you want, pm me the results and I'll go over them and tell you how good or bad they are. You'll probably find it fairly straight forward and self-explanitory. I'd take a reading twice an hour over the period of several hours. That'll give you a pretty good picture of overall performance and should catch any intermittent service problems.

Forgot to insert the link!

http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed.php

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Thanks moose, i will have a go of it some day this week hopefully, only problem being i work during the day so wont be able to get any readings then. I do know a bit about networking so i should be able to figure out what the problem is. If not i shall be giving you a shout:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

the war department iam liking the sound of that they prob got jelous when they saw ya buying the chair meaning that you would be spending a lot more time in the games room and not with them.

iam downloading the The Ghost Writer as i type this is it any good ya??

naughto wrote: »
    the war department iam liking the sound of that they prob got jelous when they saw ya buying the chair meaning that you would be spending a lot more time in the games room and not with them.

iam downloading the The Ghost Writer as i type this is it any good ya??

Well, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was very well done. Kept me guessing right up till the end. Be interesting to see what you think of it.

As for the chairs... I reckon you hit the nail. She really doesn't like the gamesroom at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Well, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was very well done. Kept me guessing right up till the end. Be interesting to see what you think of it.

As for the chairs... I reckon you hit the nail. She really doesn't like the gamesroom at all...

what did you say you paid for you chair i realy need to get one i have a ****ty office chair and i cant play for hours as my back get to sore on the bloody thing.i only got a new tv afew weeks back so i dont have that much to splas out on

• Advertisement

what did you say you paid for you chair i realy need to get one i have a ****ty office chair and i cant play for hours as my back get to sore on the bloody thing.i only got a new tv afew weeks back so i dont have that much to splas out on

Worked out that I got it for €113 delivered but I managed to win it on an ebay auction. Normally €159 + delivery of around €25.

Have to admit it's well worth the money. It's huge, very comfortable and works equally as good as an office chair as well as a reclining gaming chair. Check out ebay, there's loads of good deals on there. I settled on this one cause it looked the most comfortable in the pictures.

For similar money, I think it was Dunworth got a lovely chair and foot stool somewhere in Dublin. Not sure it'd be tall enough to be an office chair too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

had some good games late on last night with garv and dunworth.them when dunworth left arond 2 it was myself and garv and some random(sh1te) guy agains 4 on the other team we blew them out of the water they where so ****1e before we got the last bomb they all left except one dude id say they where well pissed off that the 3/2of us beat 4 of them.
    ah we rea;;y did kick the sh1t outta them.
    was so funny. we wer 3000k and the oder guy was on 250.

had a game yesterday and we robber their apache on nelson bay was having a bad game up until then but the driver thought he had no guns and circled for the game wothout firing. but this worked out better because i was able to get 34 kills with it. all they wer doing was firing rockets at us and no1 could hit us. noone managed to land a tracer dart on us even.
    in the end they wer using the self guided launcher which wasnt working out at all.

moose your gonna come home some day and find your games room converted to a spare closet/ makeup-room. with your xbox smashed to pieces and your chair used infront of the mirror and beans all over the floor. :p:p

garv123 wrote: »
    moose your gonna come home some day and find your games room converted to a spare closet/ makeup-room. with your xbox smashed to pieces and your chair used infront of the mirror and beans all over the floor. :p:p

With three different xboxes, I'd hope she runs out of stream before smashing the last one :D

I'm a firm believer that a man needs his own space every now and again... it just so happens that I share that space with lots of consoles, lcds and comfortable chairs ;)

I do hope that Kinect might be the answer! As soon as they're available, I'm going to get one, stick it on the xbox in the living room and she if it gets her attention. She was addicted to Sonic as a teenager and recently got addicted to Farmville on Facebook... so if I can just get her hooked on an xbox game... oh boy, would my life be sweet!!! :D (Unless of course, it's then me complaining about not getting enough attention ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Wow, haven't seen this thread so quite before!

Anyway, as for last night's gaming. Raze and I exchanged tags again but the score is still 29-27... IN FAVOUR OF ME :D

My new gaming bean bag arrived yesterday. Capasso was using it last night and thought it was the business! Very comfortable.

I just received my new chair about half an hour ago. Assembly was simple. Turns out that it's even more comfy than I had hoped. It tilts, as well as reclines so it goes right back to horizontal... which took me for a bit of a surprise the first time it happened.

Roll on some extended gaming sessions!!!
    I was delighted with my tags, jumped in bailed outta a heli, landed beside a wooki and shwung the knife to claim ya!, gutted when ya got me though!

My live is down so i came home to the parents place won't be on till sat

I was delighted with my tags, jumped in bailed outta a heli, landed beside a wooki and shwung the knife to claim ya!, gutted when ya got me though!

Not very sporting of you!!! So now it's not enough the be looking left, right and behind me... but I know have to keep an eye out above me too!!! ;)

[/QUOTE]My live is down so i came home to the parents place won't be on till sat[/QUOTE]

Great.... I can relax and enjoy a few games without feeling like a fox on hunt day ;)

• Advertisement

Ha ha to be fair I've be known to jump from buildings/tree/choppers in the past.

Yeah enjoy it while you can old man!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I started playin BFBC2 a few weeks ago. It would be nice to play along/against fellow boards.ie members. Feel free to add my gamertag brainfeck.
    MW2 feels so random compared to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

be better adding some of us here is a list of the usual members.
    basically heres the usual members. remember page 133 for the next few who ask to add.
    royal can you edit your 1st comment on this to tell them go to page 133 and add a few off it?

garv 123
    cableguy ie
    dunworth1
    raze them all
    TheMooseInNam
    cycocyle
    shovelt00th
    colinbfmv
    m1ju
    naughtokev
    royal 1rish
    tamlinek
    irish warlordxx
    failsafe 00
    buckfastmonkey1
    IamHOBOchris
    galwaydave
    screw2loose

Dunwort, when are you going to have your website up and running???

Dunwort, when are you going to have your website up and running???

not sure what i going to do with it. (it was a free domain offer and i couldnt resist)

any ideas

dunworth1 wrote: »
    not sure what i going to do with it. (it was a free domain offer and i couldnt resist)

any ideas

Yeah, start your own xbox gaming blog.

Yeah, start your own xbox gaming blog.

might give it ago website idea poping into my mind alreadly

Guys, when I platinumed the M24, I started using the lightweight pack with SV98 instead of the x12 scope (mostly due to Raze and Garv hunting me).

I've checked my stats and I have the same accurracy (42-43%) with the standard x8 as with the x12.

You have to calculate slightly less bullet drop with the x8. Also, at the ranges commonly used on most maps, I really see no benefit to the x12, in comparison to lightweight or extra ammo, which do come in seriously handy.

Anyway, that's my two pence worth... and it also keeps the thread alive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

and it also keeps the thread alive ;)

Moose can't help there.No xbox so can't play the game so can't comment, but should be back online very soon.

Moose can't help there.No xbox so can't play the game so can't comment, but should be back online very soon.

Did MS arrange for the collection of your console? When did you send it off?

• Advertisement

Ah but when I'm not chasing you I like to sit far back, (usually a base or two and snipe) I prefer long range sniping than up close, I'll freely admit I'm not a medium range up close player due to bad eye sights, I need to sit back and wait for people to run ahead of me.

Pretty sure sniping is the only class I've an overall positive k/d ratio which has been slipping since I''ve been platinuming my t 88, vss and svu with 4x scopes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did MS arrange for the collection of your console? When did you send it off?

UPS Collected Yesterday. Ended up having to call microsoft because when I tried to fill in the form it wouldn't recognize my post code. Anyway after a lot of talking they sorted it out. Got the label and rang UPS which was another battle in itself.
    But a mate of mine is lending me his xbox while he goes on holiday so be back very soon.

UPS Collected Yesterday. Ended up having to call microsoft because when I tried to fill in the form it wouldn't recognize my post code. Anyway after a lot of talking they sorted it out. Got the label and rang UPS which was another battle in itself.
    But a mate of mine is lending me his xbox while he goes on holiday so be back very soon.

Cool, should have it back by the end of next week. Nice of your friend to lend you his!

moose i dont actually hunt you. I always run into you though. I hunted you a bit at the start when you were gold but now i just see you and knife you. Bit like raze. He finds me and i knife him :D but ya the scope aint so bad. Was using it today

some good games tonight.

except my connection was ****ty getting lag and disconnecting.
    i wish they would hurry up and finish working on my area.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    some good games tonight.

pretty good.what pistol do ye use? ive the Burst platnium now & looking for a new one 2 start with

pretty good.what pistol do ye use? ive the Burst platnium now & looking for a new one 2 start with

m1911

I'm working on the MP-443 grach now. Not quite as powerfull as the M9, has 17 rounds in the clip and it fires as fast as you can squeeze the trigger, I'm having quite a bit of success with it.

I don't really like the burst pistol. At ranges above 15m, I can't seem to hit anyone with it. Perhaps I just need more practice with it.

moose i dont actually hunt you. I always run into you though. I hunted you a bit at the start when you were gold but now i just see you and knife you. Bit like raze. He finds me and i knife him :D but ya the scope aint so bad. Was using it today

I don't believe a word of it!!! Only you and Raze have my tags in double figures... both of you are guilty of switching sides to be against me (although more so Raze)... (reminds me of a mate who said "paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness ;) )

"I don't actually hunt you... I always run into you" crap... seriously, why don't you just shoot me then!!! Just put a bullet in my ****ing head and put me out of my misery...

I can't eat, can't sleep, my nerves are shot to bits... hell, I'm scared to even have dinner with the missus cause she'll have access to a knife!!!

You two are ruining my life!!! Leave me alone, you big bullies!!! Why can't we just all get along!!! :D;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

finally found this again yesterday after ''losing'' it for almost 2 months, god the pain of getting sniped ha :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement