Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

did many of ye play the story mode or did ye just go straight for online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    did many of ye play the story mode or did ye just go straight for online?

The story mode is surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it.

Your squad kicks ass and helps you out. As for the AI, I found they actually tried to flank me a lot, which was a lot of fun trying to avoid.

Definitely worth doing the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I jump into the story mode whenever I find myself being molested time and time again online. Haven't got very far though (a subtle brag?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

AdMMM wrote: »
    I jump into the story mode whenever I find myself being molested time and time again online. Haven't got very far though (a subtle brag?)
    Not really as the story mode isn't that challenging, which means you've not got very far in it everytime you've played it, kinda embarrassing dude! :P (a subtle dig?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

have only played about 20mins of the story mode 2 be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The story mode is surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it.

Your squad kicks ass and helps you out. As for the AI, I found they actually tried to flank me a lot, which was a lot of fun trying to avoid.

Definitely worth doing the campaign.

ya i would agree with you 100%
    storymode was real good
    i played it alot when the servers or my internet were down.
    MW2's story mode was aload of crap and it wil never compete with battlefield
    hasnt even gone into my xbox since i got battlefield

i had money lft over in a 3v card so i bought the maps still waiting for the fuc1king code tho

got them off these guys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&&item=260577727263&view=all&tid=564763261016&guest=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Here is an updated list of the Irish battlefield players. In a fancy table.

Boards BFBC2
    Magill05
    Rob Velocity
    naughtokev
    Derrew Dawg
    MayoForSam
    LordZemlio
    THE SCARECROWo
    DesolateSeven
    xboxIrelandjoe
    Royal 1rish
    galwaydave
    thr1llhou53
    The Batman IRL
    will i am not
    shane O mac20
    Achnot
    Heshoact
    Mini Montana
    BMW M PEPE
    Bullit24k
    Screw2loose
    v1rg1l
    kilnacash
    TheSmellyMonk
    quarryman360
    Spaco05
    Arciphel
    AdMMM
    NuZane
    theUbiq
    TheMooseInNam
    capasso1
    irejohn
    GaRv 123
    Nevaeh 2Die4
    Dunworth1
    M1JU
    Fin321
    thehomeofDob
    lenny irl
    Westwind7679
    CenadMusic
    Silvine
    Seanybiker
    Liber8or
    PurebredDnAx
    Snooginz
    TheIrishBloke
    Royal Irish D

Cough cough

thats the highst ive being up on a table playing this game especially against some of ye guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

wow quite some numbers would be nice to take over a match and have all IRL on both sides

anyone spec 4 or lower ? or am I the Veteran rookie here

wow quite some numbers would be nice to take over a match and have all IRL on both sides

anyone spec 4 or lower ? or am I the Veteran rookie here

Having all IRL on both sides... wouldn't that just be another civil war... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

galwaydave here..sorry if I was quiet last night I couldn't find my headset lol.
    Not sure if I like the maps last night. Way too many campers around our spawn point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Im up for this, Usually play it with the iC lads but when they're not on I need some squadmates :D

Gamertag: iC I Faint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Of course your a sniper, it's all people do in BC2 :rolleyes:

That said, i'm an Infantry man myself.

Xinkai

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Xinkai wrote: »

Xinkai

? Who's that directed at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

had fun last night

i picked up a medic pack by mistake and said id give it a go (using the M1411 or course) manged to unlock the defibrillators and was reviving and heal all night

i'm still much better at being a engineer though.

pitty Royal 1rish had a bad connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

dunworth1 wrote: »
    had fun last night

i picked up a medic pack by mistake and said id give it a go (using the M1411 or course) manged to unlock the defibrillators and was reviving and heal all night

Yeah thanks for that.

I thought we did well the first game on the new map considering we didn't know the layout.

Xinkai wrote: »

Xinkai
    Something tells me yer an often dead infantry man :P

Sniping is great if you do it right, but if yer a good infantry man you can usually take out snipers fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

Only got this today getting destroyed online not much fun alone so il be interested in this
    Gamertag is MrBrocky

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    Only got this today getting destroyed online not much fun alone so il be interested in this
    Gamertag is MrBrocky

Welcome MrBrocky!

There's good bunch of guys on here to play with... and I'm sure the majority of the friendly fire is unintentional ;)

ha ha it is, Has anyone else has the experience of quickly flicking over someone while there's two people, only seening a friendly tag, to turn your back and be knifed? So embarrassing :(

ha ha it is, Has anyone else has the experience of quickly flicking over someone while there's two people, only seening a friendly tag, to turn your back and be knifed? So embarrassing :(

Yeah, all the time! Usually as I turn away from them, I'd be thinking "was that other guy actually one of ours???"... only to find out within seconds... he wasn't... :(

Yeah, all the time! Usually as I turn away from them, I'd be thinking "was that other guy actually one of ours???"... only to find out within seconds... he wasn't... :(
    Thank god I'm not the only one, Last one I remember one guy was crouched down shooting beside a builiding, me dropping a medipack as our "teamate came up behind to help" I turn away to cover the other side, hear a short burst....think fuuuuck, turn around to kiss a spray of lead!

Raze,

I had the most satisfying moment yesterday. Ran up a ridge on that new jungle map overlooking my crates only to find four snipers lined up, three foot apart, facing away from me!!!

Four dog tags within ten seconds, thank you very much...

Felt like sitting down and having a smoke on the ledge, just to enjoy the moment :D

Raze,

I had the most satisfying moment yesterday. Ran up a ridge on that new jungle map overlooking my crates only to find four snipers lined up, three foot apart, facing away from me!!!

Four dog tags within ten seconds, thank you very much...

Felt like sitting down and having a smoke on the ledge, just to enjoy the moment :D
    I won't get to play the new maps for a day or two yet but I love the new guys that congregate on the obvious snipe spots, like in africa harbour(i think) where they all stand on the ledge sniping into the town, picked up 3 myself doing the same thing!

What's the verdicts on the new map(s) and how many is there?

I won't get to play the new maps for a day or two yet but I love the new guys that congregate on the obvious snipe spots, like in africa harbour(i think) where they all stand on the ledge sniping into the town, picked up 3 myself doing the same thing!

What's the verdicts on the new map(s) and how many is there?

They're not new maps, as such. They just allow you to play rush on a map that only allowed conquest up to now... and visa versa. As far as I can make out, there's no brand new maps available yet. Glad it came free with the VIP code cause if I had to pay for it, I'd be disgusted and feel cheated!

This is purely developers combating the secondhand market. So if you buy the game with the VIP code already used up, they know you'll spend another few quid buying access to extra content. ME2 did it with the Ceberus Network code.

I expect most new games will have something like this. Like Halo ODST having the Reach Demo on the disk... I would have traded that in months ago only for the demo coming out this May.

Splinter Cell Conviction has the demo of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which looks like it'll be awesome (check out the latest trailer on YouTube!!!) I'm a big fan of series since the original xbox. Hadn't considered buying Conviction until I read the demo was included with it!

They're not new maps, as such. They just allow you to play rush on a map that only allowed conquest up to now... and visa versa. As far as I can make out, there's no brand new maps available yet. Glad it came free with the VIP code cause if I had to pay for it, I'd be disgusted and feel cheated!

This is purely developers combating the secondhand market. So if you buy the game with the VIP code already used up, they know you'll spend another few quid buying access to extra content. ME2 did it with the Ceberus Network code.

I expect most new games will have something like this. Like Halo ODST having the Reach Demo on the disk... I would have traded that in months ago only for the demo coming out this May.

Splinter Cell Conviction has the demo of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which looks like it'll be awesome (check out the latest trailer on YouTube!!!) I'm a big fan of series since the original xbox. Hadn't considered buying Conviction until I read the demo was included with it!

The reach demo is on a disc right? So if i pick up odst on the cheap second hand I'll still have access to it right?

The reach demo is on a disc right? So if i pick up odst on the cheap second hand I'll still have access to it right?

Yeah, I think so... I hope so, cause I haven't an access code card. If I were you, I'd be purchasing ODST very soon because as soon as May comes, they'll be in big demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

My GT is Christy Cent. I play most evenings and I need to play with people who communicate!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement