Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford/Rosslare Strand Railway reaches the buffer stops (again)!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

foggy_lad wrote: »
    When is the last train? What day?
    Saturday September 18 2010 at 1720 ex Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Haddockman wrote: »
    Saturday September 18 2010 at 1720 ex Waterford.

Will there be any chicken dinners available? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

For the love of God, can we drop the whole chicken dinner thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

You will be lucky to get a seat on it JD never mind a chicken dinner :p

-Chris- wrote: »

Did the dinner come with sauce? :D

• Advertisement

Well laughter is the best medicine and this closure is enough to make you cry over the stupidity of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why, do they offer another option these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm not laughing at the fact that other people find the chicken dinner references objectionable and I'm not laughing that making objectionable references could probably considered a form of trolling.

I'm sick of the reported posts every time someone says chicken dinner, and I wish people would stop.

That's my personal opinion, anyway.

I was going to say that I would be on it come hell or high water but now I see that the wretched thing gets into Rosslare Euroshack at 18.35 - five minutes after the Bus Eireann service leaves for Dublin. Munster vs Ospreys at Thomond Park KO at 8pm is of considerably more importance to me than this fiasco so it will have to die without me. That said, I look forward to a trip or two on the weedspray train. :D

That said, I look forward to a trip or two on the weedspray train.
    That will be heavy going if it ever gets going in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Haddockman wrote: »
    That will be heavy going if it ever gets going in the first place.
    get the Grim Reaper out with the scythe and for gods sake give him at least a ploughmans lunch:)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    get the Grim Reaper out with the scythe and for gods sake give him at least a ploughmans lunch:)
    He has been and gone, last sighted headed for Ballybrophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

That said, I look forward to a trip or two on the weedspray train. :D

Sure they'll probably spray Miracle-Gro by accident :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Irish Rail! what's that? has anyone seen the rail network map in this country at the start of the 1900's? If we had it now we wouldn't need half the miserable roads we have to put up with.

So much for the Greens in gov. The Greens are about as green as Stalin. Where did all the billions go that Irish Rail had ads up about for years at stations? It certainly hasn't gone into a good rail service. New rolling stock - GREAT! Pity the lines aren't kept open to put them on. OOOpps. Of course I forgot - Waterford/Wexford aren't in Dublin or Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

seanaway wrote: »
    Of course I forgot - Waterford/Wexford aren't in Dublin or Cork!
    That's all we need - a SouthEashtern Justice League to match the demands of the Wesht. Isn't it enough ye get all the sunshine and local strawberries?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Good point . But now I can't get the bloody strawberries if I don't have a car!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

IRN are reporting that IE will not allow passengers onto the final train on the line. It is booked out on their website even though that's impossible because it's a 2700.

The word is that the company may have taken this step to prevent protests.

Surely they can't run it empty when there are people looking to travel? THat would be criminal!

I am predicting a mechanical defect preventing the train from running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I just looked at the revised Dublin-Rosslare timetable. What set will operate Rosslare-Enniscorthy-Rosslare in the morning?

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised in the least. Their predecessors CIE pulled the same stunt on the last day of the Waterford - Tramore line in order to prevent the same thing, protests. I hope these bastards never come back and run a train on the Rosslare line again.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

dowlingm wrote: »
    I just looked at the revised Dublin-Rosslare timetable. What set will operate Rosslare-Enniscorthy-Rosslare in the morning?

As far as I know that is worked by the 22000 that works the 7:50 Rosslare-Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

dowlingm wrote: »

It is (as it has been since the last timetable changes) worked by the 22000 set.

KC61 wrote: »
    It is (as it has been since the last timetable changes) worked by the 22000 set.
    so unofficially tomorrow is the last day to take this journey? what a shame it is closing but no surprise with the current mis-management and overpaid staff within irish rail and cie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭save the rail

there will be 4 coaches sat evening & cotter n d "big guys" will be travellin on it but it will return to waterford empty. gatekeepers have been asked to work late sat

there will be 4 coaches sat evening & cotter n d "big guys" will be travellin on it but it will return to waterford empty. gatekeepers have been asked to work late sat

Is the train booked out? "big guys" ? :confused:

A special appearance from Tricky Dicky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭save the rail

Is the train booked out? "big guys" ? :confused:

no its not booked out, big guys - all the managers from waterford area at least not sure who else

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

In fairness this decision is probably more the responsibilty of head management than local ones, who are reported to have actually submitted a draft for a better timetable that was refused. Will be interesting to see if the headhonchos from Dublin will make an appearance.

• Advertisement

In fairness this decision is probably more the responsibilty of head management than local ones, who are reported to have actually submitted a draft for a better timetable that was refused. Will be interesting to see if the headhonchos from Dublin will make an appearance.

so there will be a train running for us ordinary plebs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement