Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford/Rosslare Strand Railway reaches the buffer stops (again)!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

Partizan wrote: »
    so there will be a train running for us ordinary plebs?

Savetherail's post would suggest yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

In fairness this decision is probably more the responsibilty of head management than local ones, who are reported to have actually submitted a draft for a better timetable that was refused. Will be interesting to see if the headhonchos from Dublin will make an appearance.

to a last train running on a line the have no interest in, not a chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

will you be there Cookie?

will you be there Cookie?

haha, no. not a chance. I've better things to be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

no its not booked out, big guys - all the managers from waterford area at least not sure who else
    wouldn't they fill at least a few carriages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

foggy_lad wrote: »
    wouldn't they fill at least a few carriages?

That's what the two extra carriages are for. :rolleyes: There will probably be a fleet of taxis waiting to return them for a slap-up feed in Waterford afterwards to celebrate another great day in the annals of Can Ireland Endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I wonder will the management from No Trains Anymore be there to celebrate their victory with IE?:D

another great day in the annals of Can Ireland Endure.

YES WE CAN!

oh wait, no sorry, wrong county... never mind
    *shuffles off

That's what the two extra carriages are for. :rolleyes: There will probably be a fleet of taxis waiting to return them for a slap-up feed in Waterford afterwards to celebrate another great day in the annals of Can Ireland Endure.

A nice big chicken dinner is in the offing no doubt. :D

I plan to turn up and give the IE/NTA wasters a piece of my mind.

Only in Ireland and under FF would incompetence on this scale be tolerated.

I cant wait for the election. get these bastards out.

• Advertisement

A nice big chicken dinner is in the offing no doubt. :D
    might even be something a bit stronger than the auld ginger beer to wash the line out of existence:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

You know, the whole chicken dinner is starting to smack of trolling and lack of originality.

This is just a point from your friendly moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone let me in on this 'in joke' about chicken dinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭save the rail

marathont wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but can someone let me in on this 'in joke' about chicken dinners.

The IRRS ran a tour on the line and included in the price was a lunch menu & chicken dinner was one of the things on the menu.

The IRRS ran a tour on the line and included in the price was a lunch menu & chicken dinner was one of the things on the menu.

its always on the menu for any of the tours, is that not what it is?

It goes back decades further than that. It comes from a time when no trip of the Munster branch of the IRRS was complete without having a chicken dinner - even the time they hired a special train in the amusement park in Tramore. :D

002.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Calina wrote: »
    You know, the whole chicken dinner is starting to smack of trolling and lack of originality.

This is just a point from your friendly moderator.

I'd also like to read a railway thread that didn't include the usual backbiting and personal vendetta/grudges from JD. Given his obvious bitter hatred it's asking a lot from him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Transportuser09

It goes back decades further than that. It comes from a time when no trip of the Munster branch of the IRRS was complete without having a chicken dinner - even the time they hired a special train in the amusement park in Tramore. :D

002.jpg&t=1

God that's hilarious. I mean people getting dinner on a day out. Funniest thing I've ever heard.

God that's hilarious. I mean people getting dinner on a day out. Funniest thing I've ever heard.

You forgot to add the :rolleyes:

Some people here need to lighten up a bit. If I was as bitter as some seem to think I wouldn't be wasting my time on the Boards and would probably be doing time in the Mountjoy instead. :D

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I'd also like to read a railway thread that didn't include the usual backbiting and personal vendetta/grudges from JD. Given his obvious bitter hatred it's asking a lot from him:rolleyes:

Why don't you go and start a thread yourself then and mark it JD stay out on the first post - and I will, provided it doesn't contain innuendo about me picked up in the back of a taxi. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

The IRRS will be in serious trouble in a few years time unless they can recruit some new young members . The age profile of their members is shocking, look at all the grey heads in the photos. In ten years time the will be giving liquid lunches.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

topnotch wrote: »
    The IRRS will be in serious trouble in a few years time unless they can recruit some new young members
    The gender profile approaches that of a monastery on Mount Athos... though I'm not sure the same couldn't be said for this board.

topnotch wrote: »
    The IRRS will be in serious trouble in a few years time unless they can recruit some new young members . The age profile of their members is shocking, look at all the grey heads in the photos. In ten years time the will be giving liquid lunches.:pac::pac::pac:

I'm 26 and a member of the IRRS, have been for about 3 years. Makes me wonder if I'm too young for this hobby sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am 35 and fully grey. What are you saying?

dowlingm wrote: »
    The gender profile approaches that of a monastery on Mount Athos... though I'm not sure the same couldn't be said for this board.
    or the board of CIE

Haddockman wrote: »
    I am 35 and fully grey. What are you saying?

still better than no hair ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

What type of Chicken is it? Do they serve veg with it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    What type of Chicken is it? Do they serve veg with it? :D
    That reminds me of the old political joke told in various jurisdictions about a Cabinet dinner.

Waiter - Can I take your order?
    Prime Minister - Steak
    Waiter - And the vegetables?
    Prime Minister - They'll have steak too.

dowlingm wrote: »
    That reminds me of the old political joke told in various jurisdictions about a Cabinet dinner.

Waiter - Can I take your order?
    Prime Minister - Steak
    Waiter - And the vegetables?
    Prime Minister - They'll have steak too.

Maggie Thatcher on Spitting Image - I think. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

By the way, there is a Food and Drink forum under Rec, including a chicken and ginger beer thread - Go for it !!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement