Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my thread closed?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

My thread 'Media using the word "Prophet" with Muhammad'
    Just wondering why this thread was closed with the suggestion by the Mod concerned that it be moved to the religion forum? The thread had media in the title and was intended as a general response to a pertinent question in today's political climate. I thought it was appropriate to After Hours as it was general and emotive enough to warrent a discussion there, was I wrong?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yes, you were.

Media, Prophet, Muhammad??

AHs is the last place for this.

I closed your thread and posted a link for you, which is where you should have posted your thread.

Unless you wanted to troll AHs, and we have enough racist stuff going on there to keep us going, without a thread that could be posted in a forum more suited.

That is if you really wanted a Christian discussion?

If you did, then why post in AHs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

As I said previously, it's not a 'Christian' discussion I was looking at, it was a 'media' discussion, more along the question of free speech.

I accept it's a sensitive issue so if will descend into racists flaming then I accept it's locking. Pity though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's a news and media forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Might be more suited?

I don't agree with deleting/locking a thread just because some moron might post in it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All issues with moderation of threads should go through the proper procedure:

- PM the mod to discuss the decision
    - PM the CMods if you're unhappy with the mod's response
    - Start a thread in Help Desk for admin review if you're unhappy with the CMod's response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement