Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Personally I have never done any Illegal drugs which some people find weird when they are passing a joint around and I say no thanks. I have never felt curious enough about taking them and am happy enough with the mind altering affects alcohol have on me so have never bothered with it. At this stage in my life I don’t feel I could be arsed to try it now. I’m interested to see how rare this is and how many different types of Illegal drugs (if any) the majority of people on here have experimented with.

I have nothing against people who decide to take drugs it’s your body, most if not all of my friends have at one point or other so am I in the vast minority? The majority? Or just average?

Anyway over to you…

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken? 410 votes

0% 0 votes
    33% 138 votes
    23% 97 votes
    9% 39 votes
    12% 50 votes
    13% 54 votes
    5+
    7% 32 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Zero for me as well. Being a square ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Dabbled a little in the oul marajuana as a student but not on any kind of consistent basis. Wouldn't touch it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I think I remember reading an article somewhere that it is in fact actually considered quite hip to be square.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You might want to clarify 'type': some people might consider different strains as different types; others might see resin as a different type to grass; many might see the method of intake as the defining characteristic.

Much too interprative for a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Alcohol & Marijuana. 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

SeanKev wrote: »
    Alcohol & Marijuana. 2.

eh?

Do you mean 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Maybe he was in Iran at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Rabies wrote: »
    eh?

Do you mean 1?

Edit:

My bad 'Illegal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

For me it would be 5+. Just out of pure curiosity I guess, pretty much anytime I've had the chance to try anything at all, not just drugs, that I've never tried before, unless I found the idea went against my ethics or I was sure I'd find it unpleasant then I tried it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

I just copied my idols and like all of the worlds greatest poets, artists, musicians and many scientists I have dabbled.

BZP
    Cannabis
    Ecstacy
    Ketamine
    LSD
    Mushrooms
    Opium (only in Laos)
    Speed

Jesus, never actually saw the length of that list in writing before and I guess will soon have to add Mephedrone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Actually, does poitín count as an illegal drug? If so, 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

i guess so its an illegal form of alcohol, and alcohols a drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Like Xavi6 I'm clearly a boring git and have taken nothing illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hash, that's about it.

Doc wrote: »
    I think I remember reading an article somewhere that it is in fact actually considered quite hip to be square.

Reading articles to reassure yourself is not considered hip tho.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can't remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Depends, 7 that would be illegal in Ireland, but 4 of those were legal where I tried them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Doc wrote: »
    Personally I have never done any Illegal drugs which some people find weird when they are passing a joint around and I say no thanks. I have never felt curious enough about taking them and am happy enough with the mind altering affects alcohol have on me so have never bothered with it. At this stage in my life I don’t feel I could be arsed to try it now. I’m interested to see how rare this is and how many different types of Illegal drugs (if any) the majority of people on here have experimented with.

I have nothing against people who decide to take drugs it’s your body, most if not all of my friends have at one point or other so am I in the vast minority? The majority? Or just average?

Anyway over to you…

To say you are happy enough with the mind altering effects alcohol has on you would be lifted from you so fast when you try something other than what the man says is ok. You think you are happy enough. In fact you are so conditioned that you think there is a difference between one and the other, they're both drugs and to be honest there are studies showing alcohol to be as destructive to society as crack, smack and smoking tobacco.

I have experimented and tried almost everything at one time or another in social scenes since I left school and now think that the coolest experiences I had were the 2 times I tried DMT at festivals. It really is a facinating drug and the info available online about it is mad.

The human body floods itself with dmt twice in everyone lifetime 40 days b4 you are born and just b4 you die. See we are so meant to get high we all experienced it b4 we were even born. Oh ya and we release it every night when we fall asleep. What makes you dream when your asleep sure makes you dream and hallucinate when ya wide awake and the full experience lasts only 10/15 mins in total.

Well I'm off to try fall asleep again lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Elevator wrote: »
    To say you are happy enough with the mind altering effects alcohol has on you would be lifted from you so fast when you try something other than what the man says is ok. You think you are happy enough. In fact you are so conditioned that you think there is a difference between one and the other, they're both drugs and to be honest there are studies showing alcohol to be as destructive to society as crack, smack and smoking tobacco.

I have experimented and tried almost everything at one time or another in social scenes since I left school and now think that the coolest experiences I had were the 2 times I tried DMT at festivals. It really is a facinating drug and the info available online about it is mad.

The human body floods itself with dmt twice in everyone lifetime 40 days b4 you are born and just b4 you die. See we are so meant to get high we all experienced it b4 we were even born. Oh ya and we release it every night when we fall asleep. What makes you dream when your asleep sure makes you dream and hallucinate when ya wide awake and the full experience lasts only 10/15 mins in total.

Well I'm off to try fall asleep again lol

Proof that you can take all the drugs you want and still be really boring.

• Just marijuana. I'm that unlucky, I'm sure I'd be that one person who dropped dead from an ecstasy tablet or one line of cocaine. The not quite knowing what's in it is enough to put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Can you change the option in the poll that you picked? I forgot about speed. Puts me in the 5+. Not really arsed anymore. Only the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Smoked a lot of Marijuana and hash over the years. Always much rathered to buzz from that to alcohol.

Last year we decided to try some brownies. Made cannabutter and left it overnight. The following day we mixed it in with some Betty crocker. Silly me made the beginner mistake of thinking 'one isn't doing anything to me, I'll have another' - had the worst never ending experience of my life. Completely altered state of reality for hours and hours, but not in a good way at all. At one point I couldnt stop focusing on my heart beat. It felt like it kept accelerating and was going to explode.

Next to that was the time I tried BZP when it was legal. The buzz was nice but the following day I also felt like I was going to die.

So yeah, pretty much decided to just stick with the smoke! I tend to go a bit too introverted and paranoid when I take anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

[quote=[Deleted User];64858099]I'm that unlucky, I'm sure I'd be that one person who dropped dead from an ecstasy tablet or one line of cocaine.[/QUOTE]
    Not gonna happen.

And, not trying to be smart here, but dealers aren't going to cut a substance with "rat poison" (or whatever the urban legend is) as, in order to make money, they need their customers to be alive. Much of these fears are media creations.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Proof that you can take all the drugs you want and still be really boring.

I didn't realise I had to try and be the coolest guy when replying, so sorry guys. I was only sharing my experiences.

Elevator wrote: »
    To say you are happy enough with the mind altering effects alcohol has on you would be lifted from you so fast when you try something other than what the man says is ok. You think you are happy enough.

Yes I do think I am happy enough and because I think I am happy I am happy. Studies can show whatever they want I am happy with the choices I have made and see no need to experiment in drugs. If you want to then go nuts I hope you have a very nice time.;)

Each to their own but people who are afraid of drugs are missing out.
    Get past the media hype/legality and they're not all that bad.

My life is still on track for all my messing about..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just 2.. marijuana & mushrooms, and the mushrooms were still legal when I tried them.. I don't really have any interest in synthetic or overly 'prepared' stuff

Each to their own but people who are afraid of drugs are missing out.
    Get past the media hype/legality and they're not all that bad.

My life is still on track for all my messing about..

Just because people dont do it dosent mean they are afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

5. All when i was much much younger. Wouldnt touch a thing now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

/sings

Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol

C-c-c-c-c-cocaine :D

Advertisement