Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just 2.. marijuana & mushrooms, and the mushrooms were still legal when I tried them.. I don't really have any interest in synthetic or overly 'prepared' stuff

Evertime you post that song is put into my head. "I'm so ronery..."

Not a bad thing mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I have to administer a large dose of Rohypnol to myself every time I that I want to masturbate. I not sure if this is because I'am severely sexual repressed, or because of the fact that I find myself so unattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Just marijuana and not all that often. Would be open to try other natural drugs but not even remotely tempted by pills or powders or anything chemical. Just the idea that I don't know what's in it puts me off.

Especially after my mates spent a small fortune on coke on holidays and after taking loads said it was really good stuff then one went off to bed an hour later and me and the other just sat up talking & drinking til the wee hours.
    The 2nd night they were on it, the other person felt sick so went home to bed and me and the other guy got pissed and treated 2 ladies in the pub to a striptease. So overall I had the better 2 nights and I wasn't out €200 on a drug that made them tired and sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Elevator wrote: »
    Oh ya and we release it every night when we fall asleep. What makes you dream when your asleep sure makes you dream and hallucinate when ya wide awake and the full experience lasts only 10/15 mins in total.
    It's not certain at all that DMT induces dreams. It's just a theory.
    strobe wrote: »
    For me it would be 5+. Just out of pure curiosity I guess, pretty much anytime I've had the chance to try anything at all
    Yeah, I'm the same. I'd honestly try smack and meth once if my mates wouldn't disown me for doing it.

• Dudess wrote: »
    Not gonna happen.

And, not trying to be smart here, but dealers aren't going to cut a substance with "rat poison" (or whatever the urban legend is) as, in order to make money, they need their customers to be alive. Much of these fears are media creations.

Nice one but I actually know someone who did drop dead after taking cocaine. Slight heart problem and had a heart attack that was triggered by the coke. Who's to say I don't have that? I've a dodgy heartbeat as it is. And I never said dealers cut anything with rat poison, I said you don't know what's in pills. They don't exactly come in a packet with a list of ingredients on the back. How can you dispute that you have no idea what you're taking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think dudess was coming from the angle that a lot of people are scared because of those myths, and she assumed you were coming from that angle too.

particularly the e one. basically, dont mix with alcohol and sip your water slowly and over the course of hte night. it's usually the person's actions more so than the drug that tends to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I chose 5 on the poll but forgot that I took a couple more. Ah well, must have been the drugs :pac:

I will try any substance offered. I don't actively seek any though. Used to smoke hash frequently but now only while drinking the odd time. Have to get the delicate balance so I don't turn into an overthinking mess.

Stay away from Es altogether now too. Bleh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just the two. Clicked one by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

None, and none of my mates have ever given me any stick over it, or over not drinking or smoking either.

I'd love to say my body is a temple but the truth is I'm making up for all the junk food :P Would never ever touch drugs and tbh I think all that do are stupid, what a waste of money and brain cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Say no to kids, drugs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

[quote=[Deleted User];64858813]I said you don't know what's in pills. They don't exactly come in a packet with a list of ingredients on the back. How can you dispute that you have no idea what you're taking?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but my point is: even if you don't know what's in them, it's unlikely it's going to be anything highly poisonous. It's worth considering the millions and millions who take them a few nights a week on these islands and... nada.

But I'm not saying people should try them - that's up to the individual.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

None for me, although considering I've never touched alcohol or tobacco its not really that suprising. I just have zero interest in drugs I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, but my point is: even if you don't know what's in them, it's unlikely it's going to be anything highly poisonous. It's worth considering the millions and millions who take them a few nights a week on these islands and... nada.

But I'm not saying people should try them - that's up to the individual.

One man's high is another man's poison. There's a reason prescription drugs are (supposed to be) administered on a person by person basis. Lots of people are allergic to 'harmless' penicillin or aspirin.

sdonn wrote: »
    Would never ever touch drugs and tbh I think all that do are stupid, what a waste of money and brain cells.
    What about the ones that don't damage brain cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Marijuana, LSD, Ecstasy, Speed, Crystal Meth, Coke, Opium, GHB, MDMA.

Leaving mushrooms out of the above as I picked my own or sourced/grew them legally at the time of consumption. The last illegal thing I took was a dose LSD about five years ago. The 1990's was a very chemical decade for me but it's just bud and alcohol these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

sdonn wrote: »
    None, and none of my mates have ever given me any stick over it, or over not drinking or smoking either.

I'd love to say my body is a temple but the truth is I'm making up for all the junk food :P Would never ever touch drugs and tbh I think all that do are stupid, what a waste of money and brain cells.

Your 'mates' must love you. They don't judge you for not drinking or trying drugs and you return that by thinking they're all stupid.

As for the junk food comment, I think heart disease and obesity kill people. Marijuana has healing effects and is administered as a prescription drug in some places. Just because you're habits are legal doesn't make the over whelming majority here wrong!

dasdog wrote: »
    Marijuana, LSD, Ecstasy, Speed, Crystal Meth, Coke, Opium, GHB, MDMA.

Leaving mushrooms out of the above as I picked my own or sourced/grew them legally at the time of consumption. The last illegal thing I took was a dose LSD about five years ago. The 1990's was a very chemical decade for me but it's just bud and alcohol these days.
    EEEEWWWW!

Kiera wrote: »
    EEEEWWWW!

You don't like it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Crystal meth is a skanky nasty skanky dirty drug.

WindSock wrote: »
    You don't like it?
    I've never taken it and wouldnt after seeing the pics that came out a few years ago. Yuck!

• Advertisement

EEEEWWWW!
    What's wrong with trying it?

Pace2008 wrote: »
    What's wrong with trying it?
    Its highly addictive.

I've never taken it and wouldnt after seeing the pics that came out a few years ago. Yuck!

But you've tried coke, right?

WindSock wrote: »
    But you've tried coke, right?
    Yup quite a lot and I wasnt hooked. If I did Meth as much as I have done coke I'd probaly look like this.

Its highly addictive.
    Right, but you're unlikely to get addicted trying it once. Contrary to popular belief, it takes weeks or even months of consistent use to develop a physical dependence on any drug, though admittedly if it's really good you're more likely to try it again. The whole 'one hit and you're hooked' mantra is largely bull****.
    Yup quite a lot and I wasnt hooked. If I did Meth as much as I have done coke I'd probaly look like this.
    Way to buy into government scare tactics. Meth is undoubtedly a nasty chemical, but if you can take coke and avoid addiction, you could do the same with ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Actually, does poitín count as an illegal drug? If so, 2.

Har har, take that Rabies ! :D

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Right, but you're unlikely to get addicted trying it once. Contrary to popular belief, it takes weeks or even months of consistent use to develop a physical dependence on any drug, though admittedly if it's really good you're moire likely to try it again. The whole 'one hot and you're hooked' mantra is largely bull****.
    I just see that and smack as very dirty drugs. Its just my opinion.

Once you know it's somewhat unfounded and a wee bit hypocritical that's fine. Your life will be no emptier for not having done meth or gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

My favourite Illegal drugs I have taken.

Psilocybin Mushrooms
    LSD

Lots of other research chemical psychedelic compounds both tryptamines and phens.

Ketamine
    Cannabis

Do I regret taking these chemicals? no! :)
    Would I take them again? Yes!

I havent done cocaine or amphetamine, those speedy type drugs just aren`t my thing or worth the crap side effects IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Indeed and I'd say nearly everyone I know who took smack is now dependent ("Oh its just got a bad stigma associated with it"...my bollix). I got a bag of meth from a girl in college who didn't like it. I actually found it okay but it's supposedly quite addictive and has serious physical/mental side effects. I remember doing it one morning before going in to do a practical exam in college and got a distinction. I met the lecturer who awarded the grade months later after I left the course and when he began to comment on the quality of the work I told him I had been on it during the exam. That ended that conversation.

Advertisement