Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

San Pedro cactus is probably the 'nicest' drug I've tried - boiled and drunk, like an Irishman in the Spanish sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

But your horse gets high!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

sorry for the twice acid,as for the mico dots there were different for me then acid or shrooms.Like for instants i have taken fly agaric it is a mushroom but very different from our shrooms or Hawaiian shrooms .and the devils weed......i dont even know how to describe it,more like coming in and out of dreams but after forgeting that you have taken anything.very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

3. It has been a few years since and I don't bother with any of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

damagegt wrote: »
    Acid
    ecstey
    coke
    acid
    speed
    mdna
    mda
    bzp
    2ci
    2cb
    hash
    weed
    meth
    thc
    methadrome
    mushroom
    devils weed
    peyote
    Salvia
    ket
    mescaline (micodots)

Not all at once I hope :eek:

You might end up like this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYmipFDxMl8

• Advertisement

ya me too,i have always thought of it more of a culture that your in at the time ,for me it started off with the music i listen to and for a few years thats all there was for me ,good music ,wicked partys and loads of drugs,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sorry for the twice acid,as for the mico dots there were different for me then acid or shrooms.Like for instants i have taken fly agaric it is a mushroom but very different from our shrooms or Hawaiian shrooms .and the devils weed......i dont even know how to describe it,more like coming in and out of dreams but after forgeting that you have taken anything.very strange.
    I tried that fly algaric from the head shop and got nothing off it. Maybe I prepared it wrong but it's partly the reason I don't go to the head shop, everything I've gotten out of there bar the shrooms when they where available and Salvia (which I'm afraid of, no drug has lasted as long as that in my home, it's still in my drawer) every things been muck.

A few of us are planning a headshop binge before they go under though.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I tried that fly algaric from the head shop and got nothing off it. Maybe I prepared it wrong but it's partly the reason I don't go to the head shop, everything I've gotten out of there bar the shrooms when they where available and Salvia (which I'm afraid of, no drug has lasted as long as that in my home, it's still in my drawer) every things been muck.

A few of us are planning a headshop binge before they go under though.

Ya i used to get mine wild.If you find once and leave the root they'll be back next year.ahh a binge ,the thorn in my working careers side ,so many lost days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Like for instants i have taken fly agaric it is a mushroom but very different from our shrooms or Hawaiian shrooms
    The active chemical in fly agaric is muscimol; it's a completely different drug to psilocybe mushrooms.
    Is salvia illegal now?
    Nah, it's still going strong. Can't really see it getting banned to be honest.

As pace said a lot a hallucinogens that you would think are the same are different and have different affects,in other words the same but different............

Kinda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I have tried almost every illegal drug bar heroin. The only one I have abused was cannabis. I think humans generally have a curiosity to experience new things. It's in our nature and we have been doing it for thousands of years.

Some drugs were fun, some I could have done without. But one drug that stands head and shoulders above the others, not just in terms of drug experiences, but life experiences, was DMT.

Words fail me when trying to describe the experience but it is incredibly profound. People talk about things you just have to do in life before you die, swim with dolphins, skydive etc. After doing DMT, this is up there amongst those life changing experiences that you are so grateful to have done in your brief time on this earth. At the risk of sounding like a new agey tosspot, it is like travelling through space and time into new dimensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    You get a better hit from the capital A Acid.
    The lower-case acid is a bit more of a mellow buzz.

Almost as good as mdna.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is that the stuff in ayahuasca?

sounds interesting,all most tempting,everybody likes something new.:D

I've heard DMT is an ultimate trip but you' really need to be together for it. It's the same chemical released when you die apparently. I don't know is there is a limit to it in your system, but I might need it to get into heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I accidently put two. Only the one for me. Weed.

Is that the stuff in ayahuasca?
    Yes that correct. But when taken in the form of ayahuasca it a longer milder trip. It is usually extracted from a Brazilian rootbark called mimosa hostilis. The funny thing is, it is ubiquitous in nature and there are many plants that it is possible to extract it from. It is released into our brain every night when we dream.

There is a book called The Spirit Molecule by Dr Rick Strassman which is very informative and gives accounts of many clinical trials of the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I was always under the impression that the damage done by heroin was due to the lifestyle etc. and not the actual drug itself which would be safe administered properly and in strict doses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

WindSock wrote: »
    Almost as good as mdna.

Mitochondrial DNA is wicked stuff. You should try some next time your'e ovulating.
    I've heard DMT is an ultimate trip but you' really need to be together for it. It's the same chemical released when you die apparently. I don't know is there is a limit to it in your system, but I might need it to get into heaven.

It's believed a release of DMT from the pineal gland (third eye) is the cause of Near Death Experiences and is also connected to how we dream at night.
    Amazing stuff, by far the best drug I've ever taken, although just the once (getting some next week though. can't feckin wait).

Yeah you certainly do. It's funny you mention that because many, including me, thought I had died when I took it. The indescribable stuff going on was so unlike anything I had experienced, the only conclusion I could come to was that I died. It is so overwhelming and astonishing that it can be scary. If you resist it and try get back to reality you won't enjoy the experience. You have to embrace it, take the ride and you will explore space and other beings.

I know how wankery that sounds but I'm just being honest.

• Advertisement

Can I' some?

Anyone ever try ergot?

No, I totally get your buzz magma69. The last time I had a decent trip I was getting communicated to by astral beings, one of whom was the spirit of Nick Drake.

Time for another journey soon, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Weed

and poppers once when I was like 13...****in ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Right, but you're unlikely to get addicted trying it once. Contrary to popular belief, it takes weeks or even months of consistent use to develop a physical dependence on any drug, though admittedly if it's really good you're moire likely to try it again. The whole 'one hot and you're hooked' mantra is largely bull****.

Way to buy into government scare tactics. Meth is undoubtedly a nasty chemical, but if you can take coke and avoid addiction, you could do the same with ice.

I don't know.....it's usually smoked, not snorted. My impression would be to put it closer to crack than coke in terms of addictiveness. The real reason not to do meth is that it kills off your dopamine neurons leaving you impaired in your ability to feel motivation (obviously this is proportional to how much of it you do).

Anyway....main types of recreational drugs;

Stimulants (proper dopamergenic stimulants none of your coffee),
    Opiates,
    empathogens,
    GABA sedatives,
    cannabinoids,
    psychedlics,
    dissociatives,
    deliriants.

Also they have to be illegal at the time/place. My answer is in the poll ;).

No, I totally get your buzz magma69. The last time I had a decent trip I was getting communicated to by astral beings, one of whom was the spirit of Nick Drake.

Time for another journey soon, methinks.

One on one concert with Nick Drake. :D. Epic levels of awesomeness.

Im Intrigued by this dmt but the more i read about it the more its starting to reek of effort.And nobody wants that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

My list:

Weed
    Ecstasy
    MDMA
    Speed
    Acid
    Coke

Then the legal ones:

Poppers
    Salvia
    Mephedrone

Never seen it all put down like that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hash, weed.. but theyre the same thing sorta, depends on how you look at it.

BZP, when it was legal, kept me up all night playin gta 4, restless legs.. and I couldnt stop grinding my teeth, haha.

Alcohol, I started drinkin at 15 so it was illegal :P same for tobacco.

Legals: basically everythin youll find in a head shop :) salvia is the dogs bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Does passive smoking count? I've been in a scene straight out of a Cheech & Chong movie, except that I had the car window open, blue smoke pouring past my head ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I don't know.....it's usually smoked, not snorted. My impression would be to put it closer to crack than coke in terms of addictiveness.
    Aye, but I still can't see why someone with a head on their shoulders couldn't try it once, tick the box, then walk away, if it's something they wanted to do.
    kowloon wrote: »
    I was always under the impression that the damage done by heroin was due to the lifestyle etc. and not the actual drug itself which would be safe administered properly and in strict doses.
    That and the fact that there's a relatively narrow margin between the effective dose and LD50, which both vary widely depending on one's tolerance to opiates, meaning it's one of the easiest drugs to overdose on.

Advertisement