Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Cannabis
    Mushrooms
    LSD
    Cocaine
    MDMA
    BZP
    Ketamine
    Diethyl ether

Legal drugs of note (taken for recreation):

Alcohol
    Mephadrone
    Salvia
    Various legal smokes
    Valium
    Morphine
    Codine
    Caffine
    LSA

Most only once or twice, but my favourites I'm always on the lookout for. Of all the above, Morphine, coke and alcohol are the dangerous ones, mephadrone, LSA and BZP are the most unpleasent ones, Salvia and LSD are the most powerful, and MDMA and mushrooms are the most enjoyable IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Doc wrote: »
    Yes I do think I am happy enough and because I think I am happy I am happy. Studies can show whatever they want I am happy with the choices I have made and see no need to experiment in drugs.

Ya!

Shhhhure..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Dudess wrote: »
    Not gonna happen.

And, not trying to be smart here, but dealers aren't going to cut a substance with "rat poison" (or whatever the urban legend is) as, in order to make money, they need their customers to be alive. Much of these fears are media creations.

Oh thank christ!!! Guess i'll be able to try coke now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Illegal stuff? Well, just the weed for me so far. Looking to try shrooms when I head to the 'Dam and then mescaline/peyote at some point. I've done a fair few legal drugs before though (aside from the obvious alcohol, nicotine and caffeine), namely salvia, mephadrone, morphine (well, in hospital after an operation), a few of the smokes and pills.

In the end, I've always found cannabis to be the cleanest and most enjoyable of them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Ummmm

Are we talking about drugs which are illegal now or illegal at the time one took them (e.g. BZP) ?

What about drugs which are illegal in this country but consumed while in a country where they arent ?

And what about pills. Many (most ?) pills sold these days as "Ecstacy" (or whatever the slang term is this week) contain little or no MDMA. But may contain all manner of other substances (not necessairly illegal) or mixtures therof. Most ecstasy users (unless they have access to a labaratory equipped for gas chromatograpghy/spectography) cannot answer this question really.

And of course dont forget perscription drugs taken in a manner (or by individuals) other than as perscribed (regardless whether for recreational or medicinal purposes) are "illegal" too

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    That and the fact that there's a relatively narrow margin between the effective dose and LD50, which both vary widely depending on one's tolerance to opiates, meaning it's one of the easiest drugs to overdose on.

That simply isn't true and only that i'm on my mobile, i'd link the proof.
    Normal people don't OD. Serious drug abusers do but that's got nothing to do with the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I think most girls have had a little weed at some stage in their lives..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

ecstacy/mdma

cocaine

speed

hash resin/ weed / grass

mushrooms

suppose valium, cos it wasn't prescribed to me.

note; i'm too old for this type of fun anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

kowloon wrote: »
    I was always under the impression that the damage done by heroin was due to the lifestyle etc. and not the actual drug itself which would be safe administered properly and in strict doses.

mostly, which is why methadone programmes are so successful, really. as someone else said, the potential for overdose is also quite high, particularly as many opiate users (im in new zealand, we have very little actual heroin here, but between homebake, MST and other illegally acquired pharmaceuticals, we do kinda make up for it) will use other drugs too, particularly alcohol which is involved in most overdose scenarios :(

other health concerns would involve sharing needles (particularly as there are no proper needle exchanges in ireland) and blood borne viruses, or abscesses from unclean injection sites. nutrition as well can be an issue, particularly given the lifestyle, but when you're stoned, most people just don't really feel like eating. not to mention for newer users, the high probability of nausea. if you're using every day, you're probably not eating very well at all.

the drug itself can be somewhat damaging to the liver, particularly if you've already caught hep b or c, but a lot less damaging than alcohol or cannabis.
    Mike 1972 wrote: »
    And of course dont forget perscription drugs taken in a manner (or by individuals) other than as perscribed (regardless whether for recreational or medicinal purposes) are "illegal" too

mmmm, one of my favourite drugs would have to be codeine. a few hundred mgs of codeine, a half bottle of bourbon and a valium to just put you in the zone. technically all legal, but mostly illegally acquired, and taken outside the range of 'use' and in the range of 'abuse', i think.

and i would be inclined to say there is quite a big difference between your average ecstacy and mdma. though most people i know who indulge in coke have no problems with crystal meth.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

I've never taken any illegal drugs of any kind.

• Advertisement

Technically alcohol and other "legal" drugs count too if acquired while underage

Actually like many pensioners my grandmother used to have quite an impressive stash of surplus perscription drugs which had accumilated over the years. Half her neighbours engaged in the same practice and they had a little "ring" established among themselves where they frequently dealt and swapped while exchanging tips on which local doctors had the most liberal perscribing tendencies.

While the drugs in question were mostly of the medicinal variety quite a few would have been borderline recreational (e.g. vallium)

Old people are often far cooler than theyre given credit for :D
    nicegirl wrote: »
    I've never taken any illegal drugs of any kind.

Hence your posting handle/username ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Never taken any illegal drugs.

Ah wait, so if I forget to take my antibiotic, I'm breaking the law...that'd definitely help people remember to take their medicines!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I once went on a road-trip. In the boot of my car I had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicoloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers ... A quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser and a pint of raw ether. :) I wanted to see what it would be like to be Hunter for the week..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

None, I don't even drink sure. Don't see the appeal of it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

edit: @penguin88 - well, as ive already mentioned, there is a black market for drugs such as codeine, morphine and ritalin. the first two, people can cook up into a sort of crude form of heroin, and shoot up, the third, can just be shot up as it is (and is soooo bad for your veins). so i dont know if forgetting your antibiotics is that big a crime, but they're certainly cracking down on acquisition of the three ive mentioned where i live.

penguin88 wrote: »
    Ah wait, so if I forget to take my antibiotic, I'm breaking the law...that'd definitely help people remember to take their medicines!

I doubt if they would lock you up for not taking drugs (unless perhaps the drugs in question were for severe mental-health related issues)

Since you mention antibiotics however they would be one of the few types of drugs which merit being far more tightly controlled than at present.

I doubt if they would lock you up for not taking drugs (unless perhaps the drugs in question were for severe mental-health related issues)

Locking up someone with mental-health issues for not taking their meds? Regardless, I'd be interested in seeing how taking all my prescribed antibiotics or anti-psychotics or whatever in one go is illegal.
    Since you mention antibiotics however they would be one of the few types of drugs which merit being far more tightly controlled than at present.

Very very true, can't agree with you enough here. Although you seem to know a good bit about it already, there's some more info on stopping antimicrobial resistance here.

edit: @penguin88 - well, as ive already mentioned, there is a black market for drugs such as codeine, morphine and ritalin. the first two, people can cook up into a sort of crude form of heroin, and shoot up, the third, can just be shot up as it is (and is soooo bad for your veins). so i dont know if forgetting your antibiotics is that big a crime, but they're certainly cracking down on acquisition of the three ive mentioned where i live.

That's a different ball game though, you're talking about the unauthorised manufacture of a controlled drug. That's why it's illegal, not to do with not taking your medicines as prescribed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Illegal
    Cannabis
    E
    Ketamine
    LSD

Grey Area
    Codeine (extracted from Neurofen+)
    Mescaline (Ate San Pedro bought in a Headshop)

Was legal at the time/place of taking them, but illegal here now
    Shrooms
    BZP

Legal
    Alcohol
    Mephedrone
    Methylone
    LSA
    Salvia

I'm sure I've forgotten a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ketamine

Don't know why people take this. Fooking stoopid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Illegal:
    cannabis resin
    grass
    LSD
    shrooms
    ecstacy
    mdma
    coke
    ketamine
    speed

Pharmecutical:
    Codeine
    Valium
    prozac
    etc

Legal:
    Alcohol
    tobacco
    mephedrone
    methylone
    various party pills/powders contents unknown
    Salvia
    poppers

By far my faves are grass, mephedrone and LSD.

The most horrible were ketamine and salvia. You can keep yer feckin k-hole.

Locking up someone with mental-health issues for not taking their meds?

Happens all the time.

Patient for whatever reason stops taking (or just forgets) meds, relapses ends up committed/sectioned in secure unit back in hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

One of my best friends always said he'd love if I spiked him some night and didn't tell him about till after.. He kney it was safe but was afraid the anxiousness would get the better off him before the come up.

In my experience, fear of the unknown is the reason most people don't do it.. There are people who don't do it for other reasons but if those people drink, I don't understand their reasons and never will.

So did your mate ever try one then? Did he like? I have a vid of a mate who inadvertantly drank a yolk from the end of a bottle bucky, lookin at it it again tonight it's still gas, he still cracks up laughing when he sees it every once in a while lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Don't know why people take this. Fooking stoopid.

It takes you on a very introspective trip into your mind.
    You either like that kinda thing or not, or you don`t know anything about it, like yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

None! I'm a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

WindSock wrote: »
    I've heard DMT is an ultimate trip but you' really need to be together for it. It's the same chemical released when you die apparently. I don't know is there is a limit to it in your system, but I might need it to get into heaven.

Ya some say it's why people say their life flashed b4 their eyes in near death experiences, it is some drug tho, took me 2 weeks to smoke one spliff of it, could hardly put it in the ashtray after 3 pulls of it, the business mans acid cos it totally over again after 20 mins. It does seem kind of easy to extract too if ya could be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Mephedrone is physically addictive; unlike almost all the other drugs I listed, I would not advocate taking it at all. I know this because I used to take it as a legal replacement for ecstasy and after a few weeks realised I had cravings for it, as did the friends I took it with.

Nothing is known about it, so it's probably best left alone; the illegal alternatives are safer by a long shot.

Happens all the time.

Patient for whatever reason stops taking (or just forgets) meds, relapses ends up committed/sectioned in secure unit back in hospital

Fair point. But you mentioned being locked up in the context of breaking the law. The patient above isn't doing anything illegal.

Sorry this is off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Mephedrone is physically addictive; unlike almost all the other drugs I listed, I would not advocate taking it at all. I know this because I used to take it as a legal replacement for ecstasy and after a few weeks realised I had cravings for it, as did the friends I took it with.

What kind of physical addictive qualities does mephedrone have?
    Surely it`s nowhere near as bad as opiates or alcohol withdrawals? Are there even any physical withdrawals?

I think its far more psychologically addictive, just like other stimulants.

That said, it`s definitely dodgy stuff. Not good for the old head.

• Advertisement

But you mentioned being locked up in the context of breaking the law

Or you just read too much into it ?

Advertisement