Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Or you just read too much into it ?

Don't think so.

I'm still waiting too hear how taking all my prescription tablets in one go is illegal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Shulgin wrote: »
    It takes you on a very introspective trip into your mind.
    You either like that kinda thing or not, or you don`t know anything about it, like yourself.

Thanks for the patronisation, but I didn't say I don't know anything about ketamine, I said I don't know why people take it. It's one of the most dangerous of so-called recreational drugs there is. It's feckin horse tranquilliser for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

It was under five before I remembered the amount of non-prescribed sedatives I've knocked back every time I board a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

What kind of physical addictive qualities does mephedrone have?
    Surely it`s nowhere near as bad as opiates or alcohol withdrawals? Are there even any physical withdrawals?

I think its far more psychologically addictive, just like other stimulants.

That said, it`s definitely dodgy stuff. Not good for the old head.

I experienced physical withdrawal, so I stopped buying it (not to mention some of the worst comedowns of anything I've ever had). By comparison, I've never felt I've had a physical or psychological need for any other drug, including alcohol and tobacco, both of which I have in the past consumed in large and steady quantities, and both of which are highly addictive.

As for some kind of specific pharmacological effects, I can't find any research done on the stuff so I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i wish i wasnt eligable to click the 5+button but sadly I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Thanks for the patronisation, but I didn't say I don't know anything about ketamine, I said I don't know why people take it. It's one of the most dangerous of so-called recreational drugs there is. It's feckin horse tranquilliser for goodness sake.

Apologies for the patronising tone.
    Its used as a horse tranquilliser yes, but it is also incredibly psychedelic in humans when used in sub anesthesia doses. That`s why people take it. Unless you appreciate the psychedelic state, then you won`t ever get why people take it.

As for it being dangerous, it is the set and setting are what matters, the drug itself isn`t really toxic and is almost impossible to OD on.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I experienced physical withdrawal, so I stopped buying it (not to mention some of the worst comedowns of anything I've ever had). By comparison, I've never felt I've had a physical or psychological need for any other drug, including alcohol and tobacco, both of which I have in the past consumed in large and steady quantities, and both of which are highly addictive.

As for some kind of specific pharmacological effects, I can't find any research done on the stuff so I don't know.

I got some terrible depression after using the stuff in smallish amounts on weekends. I wouldn`t recommend it to anyone to be either. And yeah, the comedown is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

No illegal drugs.
    Never felt the urge, was never curious, never felt I was missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Im doing heroin right now :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

penguin88 wrote: »
    That's a different ball game though, you're talking about the unauthorised manufacture of a controlled drug. That's why it's illegal, not to do with not taking your medicines as prescribed.

i was talking actually about abuse of prescriptions, not manufacture. most codeine/valium/ritalin/morphine/oxycontin that's bought and sold here is prescribed by doctors and sold on by the patients.

though as far as not taking meds etc goes, i dont think it's illegal, but there is a lot of abuse of prescription medicines in society. i think that may have particular relevance to nz though, as it's so hard to get decent illegal drugs through border security here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

It's feckin horse tranquilliser for goodness sake.
    And alcohol is an industrial solvent.

Ketamine is used in human medicine. It's a very common anaesthetic which is frequently used in paediatrics, ie. given to children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Medical_use

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

I got some terrible depression after using the stuff in smallish amounts on weekends. I wouldn`t recommend it to anyone to be either. And yeah, the comedown is awful.

It can do some funny things to yer mickey aswell.

Damn vasoconstrictors :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cailin beag

Did lots and lots of e's in my day.............in fact i took a few of the last wk and the wek before, at a new dance club they have here in town!!

Never done me any harm in the 15 or so yrs ive been taking them.

Did everything else except heroin...............thats some nasty ****!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Doc wrote: »

I think I remember reading an article somewhere
    that it is in fact actually considered quite hip to be square.

break into 2 lines as above and you get a nice feel of Huey Lewis channeling Dr Seuss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I love how a good few people who have done a few drugs misclicked on the poll. Those braincells are gone ;)

2 for myself. Weed and Mushrooms. I dislike weed, it just makes me sleepy. I've only done mushrooms once, at Bonaroo and it was an amazing night of wonder and adventures.

People who have commented that their mates don't slag them for not taking drugs. I think this is wierd. I never realised it was a 'thing' to have your mates not slag you for not being into them. A good few mates of mine would be into various drugs but me not taking them isn't even a conversation. It's a case of "cool man, whatever you are into yourself"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, i do think that whole peer pressure thing is waaayy overplayed. i think what gets most people is simple curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hash/Grass
    Ecstasy
    Coke
    Speed
    LSD
    Shrooms

think thats it......dunno, i dont remember a chunk of my 17-19 years

not endorsing it or saying its cool either, i wish i hadnt got so heavily into that "scene" tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Just hash, now and then. It has less of an effect on me than a cigarette does. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I've been around people smoking dope and once I got a blowback from one of them. But otherwise the number of illegal drugs I've done is a big fat zero. And my view on drugs and drug users can be summed up in a song by Minor Threat: "I'm a person just like you / But I've got better things to do / Than sit around and f*** my head / Hang out with the living dead / I don't even think about speed / That's one thing I just don't need / I've got the straight edge!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Tee totaller then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I've been around people smoking dope and once I got a blowback from one of them. But otherwise the number of illegal drugs I've done is a big fat zero. And my view on drugs and drug users can be summed up in a song by Minor Threat: "I'm a person just like you / But I've got better things to do / Than sit around and f*** my head / Hang out with the living dead / I don't even think about speed / That's one thing I just don't need / I've got the straight edge!"

You know what Straight Edge is right? You already broke it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Teferi wrote: »
    You know what Straight Edge is right? You already broke it...
    Yes, it's a sub-genre of punk rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Mephedrone is physically addictive; unlike almost all the other drugs I listed, I would not advocate taking it at all. I know this because I used to take it as a legal replacement for ecstasy and after a few weeks realised I had cravings for it, as did the friends I took it with.

Nothing is known about it, so it's probably best left alone; the illegal alternatives are safer by a long shot.

Any proof that it is physically addictive? I've done more mephedrone than most, but haven't done it in a few weeks. Although I often think, 'some would be awesome right now', I don't think it is physically addictive. And I have possibly the most addictive personality on the planet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Cannibis, Mushrooms (Kinda) and MDMA. MDMA was class, Cannibis is crap. 'Nuff said.

dan719v2.0 wrote: »
    Although I often think, 'some would be awesome right now',

Im glad I never think that about mephedrone.....whatever it is. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Im glad I never think that about mephedrone.....whatever it is. :confused:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mephedrone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Does Jameson and beer and Marlboros count ?
    Of course not as they are taxable.

I smoke tobacco and drink but never do drugs. Drugs are for losers ... sorry but they are.
    Cokeheads are the worst bunch of people to hang around with - I didn't realise until I was working abroad with some Irishmen and women and all they thought about was their next hit of cocaine. Completely depressing, it would put you off it if you saw the result of anti-social maggots that thought they were cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I smoke tobacco and drink but never do drugs. Drugs are for losers ... sorry but they are.

Massive irony overload.
    Cokeheads are the worst bunch of people to hang around with - I didn't realise until I was working abroad with some Irishmen and women and all they thought about was their next hit of cocaine. Completely depressing, it would put you off it if you saw the result of anti-social maggots that thought they were cool.

My experience of having been around cokeheads (I've never taken it) is that it makes dickheads even bigger dickheads.

• Advertisement

dan719v2.0 wrote: »

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

This is good mephedrone!! Im so fukked up that Im googling stuff but I can even see my hands move!!

Advertisement