Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

i was talking actually about abuse of prescriptions, not manufacture. most codeine/valium/ritalin/morphine/oxycontin that's bought and sold here is prescribed by doctors and sold on by the patients.

though as far as not taking meds etc goes, i dont think it's illegal, but there is a lot of abuse of prescription medicines in society. i think that may have particular relevance to nz though, as it's so hard to get decent illegal drugs through border security here.

My original point is that not taking your prescription meds as prescribed is not illegal. You're describing something different which is illegal for all the drugs/medicines you mentioned there, unauthorised supply of a controlled drug by the selling patient and unauthorised possession of a controlled drug by whoever buys it.

Regardless, there's big problems with both prescription and non-prescription medicine abuse in this country as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Interesting poll results. Most have either never taken anything or taken 5+.
    So taking some seems to eventually leads to taking more it seems :pac:

Oh well. Variety is the smack of life I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

dan719v2.0 wrote: »
    Any proof that it is physically addictive? I've done more mephedrone than most, but haven't done it in a few weeks. Although I often think, 'some would be awesome right now', I don't think it is physically addictive. And I have possibly the most addictive personality on the planet.

There's no empirical evidence as yet, no studies of the effects in humans although there are loads of threads online with anecdotal advice. I've got to say I personally notice it is addictive, I'd say psychologically. Even though I love the stuff I am half glad its getting made illegal although I dont relish the thought of buying ****ty cut down versions from street dealers in the future.

I think the physical side effects will turn out to be far more similar to cocaine than e, people presenting at A&E with heart and lung problems. Besides that then depression, other mental health problems. The famous blue knees and other vascular probems. Friend of mine developed a blast in the eye which has lasted 4 weeks.
    Skin problems and immune problems seem to be common too with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

hash/weed
    poppers

yes i am hardcore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

hyperbaby wrote: »
    hash/weed
    poppers

yes i am hardcore
    Are poppers even illegal?

• Advertisement

i don't know but you are definitely not supposed to snort them.
    it was an awful experience even if it only lasted a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

hyperbaby wrote: »
    i don't know but you are definitely not supposed to snort them.
    it was an awful experience even if it only lasted a minute or two.
    If you mean "snort" as in snort the liquid up your nose, then... Lol. Just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Yes, it's a sub-genre of punk rock.

Nah, it's a subculture of hardcore punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I smoke tobacco and drink but never do drugs. Drugs are for losers ... sorry but they are.
    Are you pulling the piss or just completely oblivious to your hilarious double standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I smoke tobacco and drink but never do drugs. Drugs are for losers ... sorry but they are.
    LMFAO.

I love hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink!

Hash / weed
    Ecstasy
    Coke

and, most recently, life! :pac:

E's & coke was an experimental thing for me, I won't be going near either ever again. Didn't have a bad time but the ecstasy scag is unbearable, coke is an expensive habit for a short buzz (and numb gums) and, well, you just chat utter embarrasing shìte to people! Plus ecstasy is a dirty, dying bastard!!

Not too pushed about smoke these days, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    the ecstasy scag is unbearable

Yes, I HATE scaggy e which is why I don't touch it these days. Filth.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    If you mean "snort" as in snort the liquid up your nose, then... Lol. Just lol.

i meant sniff.. hmm oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

BZP
    Weed/Hash
    Coke (only the once or twice, didn't particularly like it)
    MDMA
    Ketamene
    Mushrooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Weed/hash
    speed
    LSD
    mushrooms
    Ecstasy
    MDMA powder
    GHB

Rarely take anything now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Are you pulling the piss or just completely oblivious to your hilarious double standards?
    LMFAO.
    I love hypocrisy.

You both mis-quote me ... I said that the Governemnt gets tax from booze and cigarettes so they are legal.
    But drugs mess your brains kids, so I expect this kind of mis-quoting. Keep visiting the headshops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Nearly everthing mentioned, with the exception of one or two and only because they never crossed my path...... been a few years though;) met the woman we dream about and procreated, happier days are here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

You both mis-quote me ... I said that the Governemnt gets tax from booze and cigarettes so they are legal.
    But drugs mess your brains kids, so I expect this kind of mis-quoting. Keep visiting the headshops.
    You said you drink and smoke. Alcohol and nicotine are among the absolute worst of common recreational drugs, legal or illegal, that you can take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

A bit of this and a bit of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just the old wacky backy for me, and only when I was tryin to do the student thing in college. Never since.

I think you can see by the way i use expressions like "the old wacky backy" there was never much chance of me trying anything else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

dan719 wrote: »
    Any proof that it is physically addictive? I've done more mephedrone than most, but haven't done it in a few weeks. Although I often think, 'some would be awesome right now', I don't think it is physically addictive. And I have possibly the most addictive personality on the planet.

No proof, only the anecdotal evidence of four regular drugs takers, which I know isn't exactly stellar, but....eh, take it or leave it. Last time I looked I couldn't find any evidence of any kind on the stuff, and the sellers on-line will never tell you their products might be addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'm the sort of person who gets worried if I take nurofen plus 2 days in a row. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

For most intelligent people drugs aren't about "getting out of it", they're about self exploration, perspective, learning and the capabilities of the human mind.

Don't be naive and think you're saving yourself by never having experienced 'drugs', in reality you are not allowing yourself an educational experience which is the basis for all human knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

c0ldfyr3 wrote: »
    For most intelligent people drugs aren't about "getting out of it", they're about self exploration, perspective, learning and the capabilities of the human mind.

Don't be naive and think you're saving yourself by never having experienced 'drugs', in reality you are not allowing yourself an educational experience which is the basis for all human knowledge.

Too many by the sound of it

Secman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I like to get hepped up on goofballs..thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

c0ldfyr3 wrote: »

lol, think they have already eaten your brain cells away. 20 years down the line and you will the one out of one flew over the cookoos nest. I've seen first hand effects, my dad even broke into a vets and took a horse tranquiliser. Not that he was hooked when i was born (when he was 25) but he died last year age 54 and his brain cells were well and truly gone. He had 10 years of dabbling in drugs on and off. Be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

lol, think they have already eaten your brain cells away. 20 years down the line and you will the one out of one flew over the cookoos nest. I've seen first hand effects, my dad even broke into a vets and took a horse tranquiliser. Not that he was hooked when i was born (when he was 25) but he died last year age 54 and his brain cells were well and truly gone. He had 10 years of dabbling in drugs on and off. Be warned.
    Alexander Shulgin, the man who brought MDMA to the public, invented and tested hundreds if not thousands of drugs on himsef, including the ones currently in the head shops. He' 83 I think right now, and he's still one of the most intelligent people I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. From what you people say he should be either dead or in a straight jacket...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

How many have i taken? None

However those two operations i had as a child there may have been ketamine as anasthetic...who knows eh!:pac:

I'm just not interested in any drug other than alcohol, particularly Jaegermeister or sambuca;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I try to steer clear these days but

Hash/Grass, Acid, Ecstacy, Cocaine, Speed, MDMA, Mushrooms

in that order

I think that's all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Hash/Grass, Acid, Ecstacy, Cocaine, Speed, MDMA, Mushrooms...........

+1

Don't do anything now and haven't done any of the harder drugs for a good few years. Gave up the dope with the cigs just over 2 years ago.

Advertisement