Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many different types of Illegal drugs have you taken?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

+1

Don't do anything now and haven't done any of the harder drugs for a good few years. Gave up the dope with the cigs just over 2 years ago.

but honest to god reading this thread makes me want to get mad out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Hash/Grass, Acid, Ecstacy, Cocaine, Speed, MDMA, Mushrooms

in that order

It always starts with weed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

It always starts with weed..
    Unsurprising given that it's the world's most popular and widely available illegal drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

lol, think they have already eaten your brain cells away. 20 years down the line and you will the one out of one flew over the cookoos nest. I've seen first hand effects, my dad even broke into a vets and took a horse tranquiliser. Not that he was hooked when i was born (when he was 25) but he died last year age 54 and his brain cells were well and truly gone. He had 10 years of dabbling in drugs on and off. Be warned.
    Your dad obviously isn't a good representation of how everybody reacts to drugs. Some people can't handle drink, some people freak out on weed. That's more down to them than the drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

I've seen first hand effects, my dad even broke into a vets and took a horse tranquiliser. Not that he was hooked when i was born (when he was 25) but he died last year age 54 and his brain cells were well and truly gone. He had 10 years of dabbling in drugs on and off. Be warned.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking what was the cause of death?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Must say he was fine up until he reached 48 and then things started going down him, very bad paranoia. He was like mel gibson in conspiracy theory. He hadnt taken drugs in over 20 years - but he was an alcoholic and if you knew the childhood he had you couldnt blame him for it either.

My brother will probably end up down the same route aswell, he likes his drink and extras but he doesnt mix them its either one or the other. if someone offered him something he wouldnt even ask what it was he would take it.

I on the other hand will never take drugs and never have taken drugs. I used to baby sit for a woman 11 years ago, she had a 6 month old an 8 year old and a 10 year old. She partied 4 nights a week, would come home drunk and high as a kite. She didnt even have a cooker or an oven. she had a camping stove - a grill and 2 burners- yet she would be drinking and getting high 4 nights a week. i once left my daughter with her and when i returned she and a group of friends were smoking dope while she was in her car seat fast asleep IN THE SAME ROOM. she never babysat for me again. she is now in the uk and is a social worker (what a heap of s**t she couldnt even look after her own kids)

My dad had liver and kidney problems and died of internal bleeding caused by the medication he was receiving for his kidneys.

They didnt expect him to die, infact he was supposed to have been transfered to the queen elizabeth hospital in birmingham for a liver transplant that day, the docs brought him out of the coma* to be transfered by ambulance and he went in to acute liver failure and had a massive abdominal bleed. In a way he was lucky to have had the massive bleed otherwise he would have had a horrible death - acute liver failure isnt nice and a transplant at that stage would not help.

( *he was put into a coma to take the pressure of his organs as he had mild kidney and liver failure (neither at end stage) and heart problems, he also had malignant hyertension and had portal hypertension)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Zero. Drugs should be banned (oh wait.....). Drug users should get life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Zero. Drugs should be banned (oh wait.....). Drug users should get life.

No experience in what you're talking about and yet very strong opinions on what should be done...
    You do realise you're missing the Joe Duffy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sorry to hear about your dad grindlewald. I'm no doctor or anything but sounds to me like it was the drink that done him in. Also a lot of drugs can kick start or accelerate an underlying mental problem too, but generally speaking the problem was pre-existing, the drugs just brought it to the fore. It's a very sad story regardless, you have my sympathy

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your dad grindlewald. I'm no doctor or anything but sounds to me like it was the drink that done him in. Also a lot of drugs can kick start or accelerate an underlying mental problem too, but generally speaking the problem was pre-existing, the drugs just brought it to the fore. It's a very sad story regardless, you have my sympathy

Thanx,

Im sure his childhood alone would have caused mental issues, his parents were an inch short of evil. However they do find that children who have had a bad childhood end up drug addicts or alcoholics. He was just another statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's the thing about drugs, drink in general. It's more the reason why you use them, than just the fact of using them that causes problems. I personally started taking them just for fun, had a great time for years but then wound up in a crappy relationship and started taking them as an escape, which is a slippery slope to say the least. Thankfully i copped myself on in time before any real harm was done. I still take drugs occasionaly, as do most people i know, but only for a laugh, never to escape a problem, from a strictly personal point of view i think this is the reason why i never became an addict despite consuming fairly large quantities over a fairly prolonged time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

Sorry to hear all of that about your Dad, but I have to say I agree with a previous poster in that he had what looks like the results of spending many years addicted to Alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Have used Coke (and crack derivative), Speed, MDMA (powder & E), THC (any of grass / hash / oil), Opium, LSD, Mushies

The usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rhythm90

Hash / Weed of various types
    Speed
    Coke
    Ketamine
    2CB
    Shrooms
    MDMA / E's
    LSD

Regular smoker, but I'm not big into my synthetic drugs anymore... Too many horrible comedowns.

Gota love shroom season though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 young_dub

Illigal alchol, illigal smokes and alot of gods 'green' plant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Drugs are bad,mmkay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bluebell35

I smoked hash/weed when I was a teen but was totally anti any other kind of drugs. My sisters were taking ecstasy and I threatened to drag them to the nearest Garda station if I caught them until I went out with them one night got pissed (i was 24) and took one and had a rare ould time :D Took them, coke, speed, mdma, ketamine, lsd and mushies over the next couple of years but grew up and away from them. I have no regrets whatsoever I had some of the best nights of my life in Sir Henrys :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Username20

5 for me, had done good bit of weed solidly in college, alcohol too. done cocaine a fair few times, few e's and a dabble of speed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Used to smoke a fair bit of hash in my teens but i dont really bother with it anymore. I had a summer about 6 years ago where i did ecstasy every few days. They were good times but i started to loose the plot and get a tad bit depressed so i packed them in. About 3-4 years ago i did coke nearly every time i went out until i got caught by the Garda with a small amount and had to go to court for the 1st time in my life, it was a good kick up the arse. I now have a criminal record which is pretty lame but i would rather have a criminal record than be dead. I havnt done anything in a good while now except get pissed nearly everyday :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Old threads are old.

Old threads are old.

Stupid posts are stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Stupid posts are stupid.

Stupid signatures are stupid.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

5 as far as i can recall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just 1. Although I did try one that was made illegal about a week or so afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Coke
    Ketamine
    Yokes/ E's
    Speed
    Acid
    Hash/Weed

Oh the memories of so many glorious nights and so many horrible mornings.

<snip>-Request for drug recommendations, not OK.

I would imagine answering that question would be against the charter. So to avoid a ban, I don't think answering would be a good idea!
    Stupid signatures are stupid.

I'm assuming you're probably too young to know where that's from then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I would imagine answering that question would be against the charter. So to avoid a ban, I don't think answering would be a good idea!

I'm assuming you're probably too young to know where that's from then?

You know you talk so hip....Call the copsssssssss;)

New one to the list this weekend.. Great stuff.
    twoseebee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

I'm so over them all now. It's so last year.

Advertisement