Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Driver Awarness Ads (UK)

• 11-03-2010 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Just seen theres a few new awareness ads being launched in the UK to remind drivers to be aware of cyclists - they're actually quite good (wish the RSA would do something like them here).

This one is Excellent. (well I liked it anyway)

And here's a link to the set LINK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

Out of the people who watched the basketball ad, who can honestly say they "got it right" first time?

I say got it right so as not to spoil it for anyoe that hadn't already watched it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

crazydingo wrote: »
    Out of the people who watched the basketball ad, who can honestly say they "got it right" first time?

I say got it right so as not to spoil it for anyoe that hadn't already watched it

I've seen that before, but had forgotten what to look out for. I still missed it.
    If this had been the RSA the punchline would have been "don't be a bear, hi-viz you must wear".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I certainly missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you watch the video
    and initally don't focus on anyone, but as soon as the bear appears, shift your focus to following the team in white, you can see how easy it would be to miss the bear if you were intently watching the team in white.

I like the bank robbery one though I'd be interested to know if anyone who watched it didn't spot the cyclist. I spotted her straight away, though I don't know if that's because I knew what the ad was about (so I kind of expected it) or because I would be more sensitive to spotting bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

seamus wrote: »
    I like the bank robbery one though I'd be interested to know if anyone who watched it didn't spot the cyclist. I spotted her straight away, though I don't know if that's because I knew what the ad was about (so I kind of expected it) or because I would be more sensitive to spotting bikes.
    Looked like a fixie rider without a front brake to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement