Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 14 Day Money Back Guarantee

• 11-03-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I am aware of this 14 DMBG on handsets that you for whatever reason do not like. This is in open or unopened boxes, but in fully saleable condition of the handset.

I was informed in one their stores yesterday that this does not apply to handsets that are not faulty, when I was bringing back a phone that I did not like because it was in the wrong colour. I just took it home to test a bit but went for the phone in another store where they had it in stock. The phone was in 99.99 % mint condition.

Has anyone been told the same? I believe the store is misinformed about the T&C of the 14 DBMG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

flodis79 wrote: »
    I am aware of this 14 DMBG on handsets that you for whatever reason do not like. This is in open or unopened boxes, but in fully saleable condition of the handset.

I was informed in one their stores yesterday that this does not apply to handsets that are not faulty, when I was bringing back a phone that I did not like because it was in the wrong colour. I just took it home to test a bit but went for the phone in another store where they had it in stock. The phone was in 99.99 % mint condition.

Has anyone been told the same? I believe the store is misinformed about the T&C of the 14 DBMG.

Unless there is some specific guarantee from the company you bought it from then no. Under the sale of goods act, you can't return something because you change your mind, or because you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Unless there is some specific guarantee from the company you bought it from then no. Under the sale of goods act, you can't return something because you change your mind, or because you don't like it.

This is correct, however had you bought it online and had it delivered, you would be covered under the European Distance Selling Regulation 2001, and have 7 days to return it, used or otherwise, for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 changed the returns policy during the summer, change of mind for whatever reason is now not covered, if you are having a coverage issue they will check coverage before returning the phone. If coverage is fine you can't return it.

Also taken from their web site:

Your 14-Day Money Back Guarantee –
    Pay Monthly and 3Pay customers
    If you are eligible to avail of the 14 day
    money back guarantee (“the policy”),
    you may only terminate the agreement
    by returning your device and original
    boxed accessories, along with your proof
    of purchase, within 14 days of receipt of
    your device (“the 14 day period”).
    Eligibility
    This policy does not apply
    To existing customers who choose
    (where allowed by 3) to upgrade
    their device
    To new customers who seek to
    avail of this policy due to the
    colour, appearance, make or
    model of their device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Walkman wrote: »
    3 changed the returns policy during the summer, change of mind for whatever reason is now not covered, if you are having a coverage issue they will check coverage before returning the phone. If coverage is fine you can't return it.

Also taken from their web site:

Your 14-Day Money Back Guarantee –
    Pay Monthly and 3Pay customers
    If you are eligible to avail of the 14 day
    money back guarantee (“the policy”),
    you may only terminate the agreement
    by returning your device and original
    boxed accessories, along with your proof
    of purchase, within 14 days of receipt of
    your device (“the 14 day period”).
    Eligibility
    This policy does not apply
    To existing customers who choose
    (where allowed by 3) to upgrade
    their device
    To new customers who seek to
    avail of this policy due to the
    colour, appearance, make or
    model of their device

I have the following guarantee from 3 Customer Care:
    We offer a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee (14 DMBG) on all our products. This means that if for any reason you are not satisfied with 3’s services or products within the first 14 days that you may return the handset to the place of purchase. In case of any stolen or damage handset the 14DMBG is not applicable.

If you’ve purchased the handset through our Telesales or Web store, you just need to make a quick call to our Customer Services team who will arrange for the return of your handset. I hope this answers your query.

So that they have changed their policy sounds a bit strange to me when they do not even know about this about six months after it has implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

This post has been deleted.

Yes I believe it was the manager I was talking to, and that person argued that you cannot bring it back with this reason of wrong colour etc. I then spoke to 3 CC online and over the phone and was assured that you can return for whatever reason you might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

flodis79 wrote: »
    Yes I believe it was the manager I was talking to, and that person argued that you cannot bring it back with this reason of wrong colour etc. I then spoke to 3 CC online and over the phone and was assured that you can return for whatever reason you might have.

Ok, then ring them again, ask for the persons name. Tell them that you are having difficulty returning it to the shop, and ask them how you go about bypassing the shop.

Advertisement