Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation gift for god daughter

Options
  • 11-03-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this

I am looking to get my god daughter a present for her confirmation
    (her nan has already got her a medal and someone else has got her a nice rosary)
    I was thinking of a nice piece of silver jewellery, perhaps a chain or a pendant or something.

Any suggestions out there that would be appropriate- I'd pay around €100 I suppose (I'd prefer to get her something than give her money)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

A silver chain with a cross? Symbolic of the day but also something she can wear for years to come? Other suggestion would be a nice silver charm bracelet - again with a charm to represent the day and then you can also get additional charms for other milestones in her future

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Yes its supposed to be good luck to receive a gift of a cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

How about a Pandora charm bracelet? You could continue adding to it for her birthday, christmas etc.

http://www.rocks.ie/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer[]=62

These guys do free postage!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hi, I'm 14 and for my Confirmation I got jewellery. Someone suggested a Pandora bracelet. These are nice too, but quite pricey if you're getting a real one. I love charm bracelets. I have a Thomas Sabo one with an 'L' charm only (less is more) and it's really nice. Everyone admires it.
    I got a really nice silver necklace from my parents. It's a little swirl with 3 diamonds. It's really nice. Basically any type of nice, silver jewellery is really nice.
    I got money aswell, but she'll get other money and I think the jewellery is more personal and memorable than money, gift cards etc.

Advertisement