Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Jose defeat

Options
  • 11-03-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

So, we lost a game against the mighty San jose Earthquake this week.

but its not the loss this is about.

I was looking at the line up (from the San Jose website)
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100310&content_id=8738862&vkey=news_sje&fext=.jsp&team=t110

Tottenham Hotspur -
    Ben Alnwick,
    Kyle Walker,
    Younes Kaboul (Steven Caulker 60),
    Dorian Dervite (Nathan Byrne 84),
    Adam Smith,
    Andros Townsend,
    Jake Livermore,
    Dean Parrett (Kudus Oyenuga 81),
    Danny Rose,
    Ryan Mason,
    Harry Kane (Jon Obika 45).

Now I actually looked at the 'development' squad, and you know what, I was actually pretty excited. This is the first time in a along time I have looked at our reserve or development squad and thought, 'wow, there are quite a few players of the future there'.

Now, im not the greatest analyst and knowledge tree of our game or even our team, but for us to start putting out a squad that is that young, without the 'old hands' proping it up, is quite exciting for me.

Its almost, dare I say it, arsenal-esque in its set up.
    Are we starting to actually get players of real quality that we will be able to use, mature and play in the first team down the line?

What do we think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I have real hopes that Livermore, Caulker, Rose and Townsand,Parrett can make the step up.

Rose to me looks like a young Aarron Lennon except on the left.
    Livermore is an all action midfielder and is also supposed to be a leader on the pitch.
    Caulker on his loan spells has recieved rave reviews but is till know very little about him the same goes for Townsand.
    Parrett I actually know very little about but he seems to be quite well liked and thought of by Spurs fans that have seen him play.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Adam Smith and Harry Kane are my 2 picks to prosper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

galinka wrote: »
    Adam Smith

Showed some nice touc hes when he played pre-season in Rotterdam the season before this.

I was very impressed with Townsend when I saw him vs Arsenal in the Youth FA Cup, caused them lots of problems. He'd be my favoured one.

Still, no point in having all these talented youngsters if we don't give them game time...next season's Carling Cup should be seen as an opportunity to blood them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Townsend is my favoured to make the frst team squad. Plenty of pace and a lovely left foot, just needs to beef up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Showed some nice touc hes when he played pre-season in Rotterdam the season before this.

I was very impressed with Townsend when I saw him vs Arsenal in the Youth FA Cup, caused them lots of problems. He'd be my favoured one.

Still, no point in having all these talented youngsters if we don't give them game time...next season's Carling Cup should be seen as an opportunity to blood them.

Was really outstanding in that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

The future's bright, the future's lilywhite. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement