Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap to Android phone

• 11-03-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

All,

I currently have an Iphone 3G and I'm looking to get something new. My options are I will wait for the newest version of the iPhone out in the summer or get an Android Phone.

What is the best Android phone available? And what are my options for getting one?

Also I have used a couple of other "smartphones" and the touch screen has been awful compared to the iphone screen. How do Android phones compare?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nexus One or HTC Desire.

Touch screens are pretty good, pretty much on a par with the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

draffodx wrote: »
    Nexus One or HTC Desire.

Touch screens are pretty good, pretty much on a par with the iphone

+1

loving my N1, might be waiting awhile for the desire to come out here though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

desire due to ship from expansys.co.uk on Tue April 6th.
    you can get it shipped form Amazon on April 1st either but its 100euro more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭nedd

these are not available on any network in Ireland, so I will have to get them on-line somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What are the major advantages of a nexus one/desire over an iPhone?

Initially I thought the lower cost of a HTC handset was a big plus but it's looking like there will be barely any subsidy offered by those carrying the Desire whereas i can get a locked iphone for pretty much the same price as the forthcoming desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

S.M.B. wrote: »
    What are the major advantages of a nexus one/desire over an iPhone?

Initially I thought the lower cost of a HTC handset was a big plus but it's looking like there will be barely any subsidy offered by those carrying the Desire whereas i can get a locked iphone for pretty much the same price as the forthcoming desire.

Freedom. You can do whatever you want with your phone, install custom roms, change internal settings (similar to registry in windows pc) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

higher res amoled screen, faster processor, freedom/open os and apps, full flash support for browsing so you can view streaming flash content or use flash apps (no flash support on iPhone). you can change the battery if required, better camera if your into that, higher quality video recording, multi-tasking of many background apps. im sure there are many more reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

From Vodafone website.

"We’ll soon offer both the HTC HD2 and HTC Desire to Vodafone Ireland customers."

No date mentioned unfortunately.:(

Advertisement